PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for rock band Immortal?

L3git L4dle
11-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Currently I have Beast and the Harlot, Caught in a Mosh, and Llama left to 5 star. I can't get any of them on bass/guitar and I'm terrible on expert drums becuase they overdue the kick pedal. Any tips on how to get better on the songs?

*Edit* Now I only have Beast and the Harlot left. The other two were way easy on vocals.

Spade422
11-02-2010, 12:25 AM
try vocals. caught in a mosh on vocals is like half talky parts and the rest is just straight-foward pitch.

a lot of people are apparently having trouble with beast and the harlot, and before i say anything else, I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING IT ON DRUMS since the drum solo is crazy and most people are most likely to fail there. vocals is relatively hard compared to the rest of the songs, but otherwise i would just grind it on guitar or bass. keep combo in the strumming sections and use over-drive when needed.

llama i would do on bass, since it really isn't that bad. i think llama is overrated, personally, for all instruments (lol except drums and maybe keyboard) compared to caught in a mosh or beast and the harlot.

all in all, just keep trying!

silentbob0
11-02-2010, 12:33 AM
I did all 3 of these on bass. Llama is easy on bass so i'm not sure why you are having trouble with that one. Caught in a Mosh isn't that hard on bass either, but as mentioned above, vocals is a good option for this one. Beast and the Harlot can be troublesome because of the alt-strumming sections but the other parts of the song isn't to hard, try breakneck speed and practice alt-strumming.

The only song I had trouble getting 5 stars on is Antibodies, that song is horrible to play. If you did that one you should be able to get the other 3.

GuitarGuruXXX
11-02-2010, 06:15 AM
I just hummed Llama and 5 starred it. Get the harmony down and it is easy. Caught in the Mosh is my favorite Anthrax song and have been singing it for over a decade and cannot 5 star it at all.

NathAttack
11-02-2010, 06:20 AM
a lot of people are apparently having trouble with beast and the harlot, and before i say anything else, I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING IT ON DRUMS since the drum solo is crazy and most people are most likely to fail there.

While this is true, it's probably worth noting that if you want to be incredi-lame you can turn on no-fail mode and still shoot for the five star cutoff without fear of failing, as Beast and the Harlot is pretty much only pedal, more pedal, more pedal, drum solo, more pedal, etc

RealistIdealist
11-02-2010, 06:44 AM
I'd recommend llama on vocals. I listened to llama for like 2 months before the song came out and I knew it well, but I'd still say that it was pretty easy. Use two mics if you're not sure because sometimes the mic's hit two tracks that aren't together and you'd still get a x2 awesome bonus for it.

MuscularTea
11-02-2010, 11:26 AM
I'd recommend llama on vocals. I listened to llama for like 2 months before the song came out and I knew it well, but I'd still say that it was pretty easy. Use two mics if you're not sure because sometimes the mic's hit two tracks that aren't together and you'd still get a x2 awesome bonus for it.

Never thought of that. Would seem a bit easier since you'd get double score. I might try that tonight after I try it on other instruments since I only played it for the guitar solo so far.

L3git L4dle
11-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Well, I've beat caught in a mosh and llama on expert vocals, both were easier than I expected, but I am still having trouble with the beast and the Harlot. >:(

There's no way I'll ever pass on drums (3 and 1/4 stars with no fail) and the bass line and guitar are way overdone.

Neutral
11-02-2010, 03:23 PM
How do you 5* Antibodies and not those 3? Auuugh, I blow! :(

L3git L4dle
11-02-2010, 04:42 PM
How do you 5* Antibodies and not those 3? Auuugh, I blow! :(

The anitbodies bass line AND drum line are both really easy up until the end. For bass, if you can get 4 and 1/2 stars before the end, then it should be really easy to finish the song with no fail on and get the five stars. On drums however, you'd have to get 4 stars before the ending have be decent and the drum roll to get 5 stars.

Neutral
11-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks much! I was trying for it on guitar and I can't get the pattern down :P

theshieguy
11-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Currently I have Beast and the Harlot, Caught in a Mosh, and Llama left to 5 star. I can't get any of them on bass/guitar and I'm terrible on expert drums becuase they overdue the kick pedal. Any tips on how to get better on the songs?

*Edit* Now I only have Beast and the Harlot left. The other two were way easy on vocals.

I should've posted this yesterday:

Sing Beast and the Harlot on vocals. I five-starred it on an Expert sightread without even trying. I suppose I can thank the Rock Band 2 kids for COMPLETELY turning me off to A7X's music with overpicking "Almost Easy" to death :rolleyes:. I should actually double check my score to see if I gold-starred it (I believe I only missed one phrase because of the background colors :p). If I half-heartedly tried, I know you should be able to get the achievement in a few tries.

So, to you and everyone else struggling with a few remaining songs, do them on vocals. Practice if you need to. Keys with a guitar is also an option (unlock through All Instruments mode or complete the Guitar Immortal goal--5-star 50 RB3 songs or 3-star them on Hard or Expert guitar).

/Thread. :cool:

CriscoDisco878
11-04-2010, 02:57 AM
i got beast and the harlot 5 stars on expert guitar on my sightread. and i was like a centimeter from 5 starring llama and i havent even played anthrax yet. but i'd say vocals, learn the songs then go after it. judging on what the rest are saying it's easiest on that

Maka
11-04-2010, 05:11 AM
I don't understand everyone. Beast and the Harlot, was the first song I played when I got the game, and got 60,000 over the 5 star cut-off, on guitar. For Caught in a Mosh, I resorted to Vocals, and Im gonna kill myself over Llama. I can get more than 4.5 stars but not much higher. Any tips for Llama, other than "try harder!"?

theshieguy
11-04-2010, 05:44 AM
I don't understand everyone. Beast and the Harlot, was the first song I played when I got the game, and got 60,000 over the 5 star cut-off, on guitar. For Caught in a Mosh, I resorted to Vocals, and Im gonna kill myself over Llama. I can get more than 4.5 stars but not much higher. Any tips for Llama, other than "try harder!"?

Reading is fundamental (two posts above yours):

So, to you and everyone else struggling with a few remaining songs, do them on vocals. Practice if you need to. Keys with a guitar is also an option (unlock through All Instruments mode or complete the Guitar Immortal goal--5-star 50 RB3 songs or 3-star them on Hard or Expert guitar).

/Thread. :cool:

Llama is VERY easy to 5-star on vocals. If you are only getting 4.5 stars, I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. I got 5 stars on a vocal sightread and I missed a few phrases AND used my Overdrive in empty spots.

And since 90% of the stuff I type on the internet gets ignored, I'll throw this out there (this is not directed at the OP):

Does everyone who's stuck on a few songs for Rock Band Immortal forget that you can get 5 stars on Expert with FIVE different instruments for this achievement? :confused: Guitar, bass, keys, drums or vocals. Play on each one until you get 5 stars. BAM! Achievement Unlocked! It's not Rocket Science...:cool:

Maka
11-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Reading is fundamental (two posts above yours):

Llama is VERY easy to 5-star on vocals. If you are only getting 4.5 stars, I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. I got 5 stars on a vocal sightread and I missed a few phrases AND used my Overdrive in empty spots.

And since 90% of the stuff I type on the internet gets ignored, I'll throw this out there (this is not directed at the OP):

Does everyone who's stuck on a few songs for Rock Band Immortal forget that you can get 5 stars on Expert with FIVE different instruments for this achievement? :confused: Guitar, bass, keys, drums or vocals. Play on each one until you get 5 stars. BAM! Achievement Unlocked! It's not Rocket Science...:cool:

I read that but disregarded it when I saw the tip that said to play Keys with a guitar, as you can't and it doesn't count. (Doesn't get checked off).

I am going to try Vocals on it tonight though, thanks.

L3git L4dle
11-04-2010, 09:49 PM
I still havn't got THe Beast and the Harlot. The strumming on Guitar and Bass is too hard in my opinion.

I can strum fast with rythem but I can't when there is 1/4 seconds breaks in the beat because I overstrum and lose the combo :/

Any tips on the strumming at all?

P.S. I can't do drums because of excessive kick pedal and vocals are not my thing on that song.

x352x pH
11-04-2010, 11:09 PM
So, to you and everyone else struggling with a few remaining songs, do them on vocals. Practice if you need to.
Still doesn't help the people who are shitacular on vocals like me =/

theshieguy
11-04-2010, 11:55 PM
I read that but disregarded it when I saw the tip that said to play Keys with a guitar, as you can't and it doesn't count. (Doesn't get checked off).

I am going to try Vocals on it tonight though, thanks.

My bad. :p I had the Obsessive Compulsive goal on the brain.

I know that All Instruments mode cancels out the scores because it's not solo play, but can't you get 5-stars scores on keys with a guitar after it's been unlocked with the Guitar Immortal goal? :confused: If I come off incoherent or strangely incorrect in some of my posts, it's because I've played this game WAY too much since last Tuesday. :p Achievements and other score-related goals are seriously starting to blur into one another.

I still havn't got THe Beast and the Harlot. The strumming on Guitar and Bass is too hard in my opinion.

I can strum fast with rythem but I can't when there is 1/4 seconds breaks in the beat because I overstrum and lose the combo :/

Any tips on the strumming at all?

P.S. I can't do drums because of excessive kick pedal and vocals are not my thing on that song.

Alternate strum the group of Greens with the final chord and treat the middle notes between those groupings as a alt-strum triplet. And down strum the occasional green-red/green-yellow chord so you don't break your combo. Use your overdrive when you hit the crazy strum sections (mentioned above). NOT before you get back to the group of Greens (you'll know what I'm talking about after you use your OD if you screw up). Turn on No-Fail if needed. Try the same strategy on bass (since the notes are almost the same and you have a higher score multiplier).

And if you STILL can't get 5 stars, you might want to make vocals your thing for one song. I dislike A7X with a passion and I have endured that song 5 times for my career goals. "It's all for the achievements"...repeat that to yourself. :p

So, to you and everyone else struggling with a few remaining songs, do them on vocals. Practice if you need to.

Still doesn't help the people who are shitacular on vocals like me =/

Have you TRIED singing the song(s) you're stuck on? :confused: And I mean "have you given it a wholehearted effort?" Be honest. I really don't understand how people have such a hard time singing in Rock Band. Imitate the vocalist of the song (make crazy singing noises if you have to :p) and keep playing a song over and over until you get five stars. Most of the crazy-hard songs in RB3 on guitar/bass/drums are very simple on vocals.

Just keep at it. I would never have been able to do finish RB1 solo vocal tour last year if I just gave up. :p To say that "Welcome Home" and "Gimmie Shelter" handed me my ass too many times to count would be an understatement. And I would've never been able to get Bladder of Steel on RB2 vocals if I didn't keep at vocals in RB1.

My point is: everyone starts somewhere for these music games. If you are in a down-and-out mood with vocals, I can honestly say that the keyboard trainer and other Pro achievements will kick your ass, Sir. :p That's why they call them "achievements"...because you have to work for them. ;)

Cubecubed
11-05-2010, 03:46 AM
You can in fact do Keys on guitar and get the check off for it. Its an easy method for Llama,imo.