PDA

View Full Version : Eff you DirecTV

rvlution
11-02-2010, 03:15 AM
http://g4tv.com/articles/72624/A-statement-regarding-DirecTVs-decision-to-drop-G4/

Read it and weep. I could not be more disappointed. Ironically, my parents are watching the DirecTV Undercover Boss episode. I wanna punch that son of a gun.

waxc3
11-02-2010, 03:58 AM
i heard about it last week and today my g4 was gone.
i emailed direct tv my complaints.
hope enough angry subscribers make the difference.
dont know what to watch from 630 to 800 pm now.

rvlution
11-03-2010, 10:24 PM
I know right? I did my part and called the number to place a complaint. Took a lot longer than I expected though.

Starstrukk X360A
11-04-2010, 01:17 AM
I heard about this for a while.
I'm not all that disappointed though.
The only good thing on that channel was Web Soup.

Okay, so I'm a little disappointed.
<3 Chris Hardwick.

Dz06lt
11-04-2010, 01:35 AM
yeah im super pissed about this as well, all we can do is complain. Ironically last year Dtv got into a similar fight over the channel Versus, In that Dtv claimed that the provider was being unfair. It seems that now Dtv is being unfair especially since G4 only wanted to renew their terms the same as they were they were not asking for an increase...... The plus side is that that dispute was worked out in time hopefully this one will be as well

Joker0fLife
11-04-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm upset...I liked a lot of shows on G4. If they don't re-add it, CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

rvlution
11-04-2010, 10:04 PM
I heard about this for a while.
I'm not all that disappointed though.
The only good thing on that channel was Web Soup.

Okay, so I'm a little disappointed.
<3 Chris Hardwick.

WHAT? What about AoTS? And Xplay (not as much now but I still have good memories)? A piece of me is missing now.

TVthePunisher
11-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Direct TV can suck it. Why? Twice I moved from locations after restarting a service with them (both times) yet they kept sending bills for BOTH locations even after I had cancelled with them each time. Apparently, they're too fucking greedy and stupid to realize that we cancelled on them...I believe Dad sued them for that (can't recall the outcome).

I like Time Warner, it's good internet and the choices aren't bad. Plus we have the package with G4 on it ;>_> so NINJA WARRIOR and UNBEATABLE BANZUKE all the way!

DarthSoth
11-05-2010, 06:52 PM
They've been talking about this on G4 for at least a few weeks now. I only ever watch Attack of the Show on a regular basis but still glad they have it on here in Canada on Starchoice. I may not watch a lot on the station but I still enjoy the videogame and tech content that it offers.

rvlution
11-05-2010, 08:59 PM
I'll admit, I didn't watch G4 on a regular basis but when I had the time, I would watch the last half of Xplay and catch aots. One of my favorite shows and I can't watch it anymore :/

waxc3
11-07-2010, 03:05 AM
i watched xplay and attack of the show every day. have for many years, since it was tech tv and the screensavers. saw morgans first time in front of the camera too.

N-Forced
11-07-2010, 07:10 PM
I just noticed this channel was gone while flipping through my channels trying to find something to watch today. Can't say i'm surprised this happened, actually i'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. Network was fine in the beginning but turned to garbage with the constant Cheater and Cops marathons it had. Why a network devoted to gaming and tech had 99% unrelated programming never made any sense to me. I say Direct TV made a good move getting rid of this channel, now hopefully they'll bring back TechTv or maybe hopefully the Revision 3 guys will finally make a channel.

sleepydumbdude
11-07-2010, 11:07 PM
I watch attack of the show reruns after midnight in my area when I'm trying to go to sleep. Also websoup. I'll call and complain but I'll get over it.

Mightymango
11-07-2010, 11:11 PM
No surprise to me. G4 has become a rerun channel of everyone NOT gaming. Even during E3 they fill the channel with bullshit programs.

Burning Karma
11-08-2010, 03:55 AM
.... now hopefully they'll bring back TechTv.....
I doubt that'll ever happen. Most of the people involved with the old TechTV have moved on.

rvlution
11-08-2010, 04:44 AM
I will agree that most of the shows on there were crap. Everything tech related was awesome.

the ferenczy
11-20-2010, 09:25 PM
G4 has worse programming than spiketv(or whatever they call it now)and that is hard to pull off. Besides AoTS, x-play and effin science, there is nothing good on this channel. You won't really miss it after a few days. I have Cablevision and they took off Fox-after 2 days I couldn't care less. Just watch your shows on the web. You can find anything on here if you look hard enough.

TVthePunisher
11-21-2010, 01:32 AM
While watching shows on the web is alright, sometimes people like to relax in their living room and watch TV like they normally did (before the tech age took over).

Burning Karma
11-21-2010, 04:37 AM
G4 has worse programming than spiketv(or whatever they call it now)and that is hard to pull off. Besides AoTS, x-play and effin science, there is nothing good on this channel. You won't really miss it after a few days. I have Cablevision and they took off Fox-after 2 days I couldn't care less. Just watch your shows on the web. You can find anything on here if you look hard enough.
I think you meant Web Soup and not It's Effin' Science, good sir. :p

ApochWeiss
11-21-2010, 05:28 AM
I don't necessarily watch G4 that much anymore, but I have been considering switching to satellite lately, and if this weren't an option to watch I'd be pissed. I find some servers for television fail at life, and as a Comcast subscriber and hearingt he horror stories that go on about deals between them and networks, it amazes me some of these people don't wind in jail. I hope G4 and DirecTV does strike up a deal at some point though.

Gackt
11-21-2010, 06:10 AM
Where the hell am I going to watch Ninja Warrior reruns now? lol

x MrsMassacre x
11-23-2010, 11:12 PM
G4 was sooooo shitty on Directv. What the hell kind of gaming channel isn't in HD? They played nothing but reruns of cops. I quit watching that channel a long time ago. The only decent thing that was on there was E3.