PDA

View Full Version : Pro Drum Trainer is redundant.

Monstor
11-02-2010, 06:02 AM
The Fills, have NOTHING to do with the cymbal attachments. This achievement for completeing the advanced I will never get. RB games need to stop doing this bullshit and give us a good list.

NathAttack
11-02-2010, 06:08 AM
I would have liked more fills using the cymbals myself.

I also would have appreciated some more advanced techniques in the fills, I pretty much sightread the whole thing -- Disappointing.

GuitarGuruXXX
11-02-2010, 06:08 AM
I'm a expert drummer and some of those lessons are fucking brutal. gonna have to keep at it though. I will get it eventually.

Shelton
11-02-2010, 06:45 AM
I'm a expert drummer and some of those lessons are fucking brutal. gonna have to keep at it though. I will get it eventually.
When you say you're an "expert drummer" what exactly do you mean? Can you play all the songs on expert? If so (and you're having trouble with the drum trainer), I'm screwed. Drums are my downfall.

ThatsFatalFury
11-02-2010, 08:00 AM
When you say you're an "expert drummer" what exactly do you mean? Can you play all the songs on expert? If so (and you're having trouble with the drum trainer), I'm screwed. Drums are my downfall.
I found some of the Disco Flip techniques a bit troublesome as well as the three part tom paradiddles, but if you have the determination and patience you can get them down. Everything else seemed to be a piece of cake though.

Didi Mau
11-02-2010, 09:28 AM

Some are surprisingly tricky compared to RB2's beats, several paradiddle patterns and a flam(?) pattern of single red, single yellow, single blue, single kick which was a bitch to get without overhitting. None of the cymbal beats are hard though, and the ones described above are all much easier than the hardest of Green Day's (haven't played Beatles to compare that set).

I've gold starred 76/84 RB2 songs (should be 78 really :() and a couple patterns took me 5-10 reps before getting a clean 100% with the flam one being the hardest. If you've got a decent left hand for paradiddles and a fast off-beat independency of about Panic Attack's speed you can do these without too much time sunk into them, otherwise it'll take a little while. The flam one was a total bitch, but it's by far my weakest type of pattern anyway.

MuscularTea
11-02-2010, 11:22 AM
I still need to get the expansion to try them, to bad my kit's close to dieing anyways so I probably won't be getting it until the ion pro kits out.