PDA

View Full Version : Will lips mics work on RB3?

BadAssNipples
11-02-2010, 07:08 AM
I'm looking into getting two more mics for the harmonies and it seems getting lips would be the way to go. I was reading about a patch for rock band 2 so I would assume that the mics work for rb3 but couldn't find anything on it. Anyone know for sure? Also, how good are those mics? If the quality isn't as good then I might ditch this idea all together and get more rb mics.

Shelton
11-02-2010, 07:23 AM
I'm looking into getting two more mics for the harmonies and it seems getting lips would be the way to go. I was reading about a patch for rock band 2 so I would assume that the mics work for rb3 but couldn't find anything on it. Anyone know for sure? Also, how good are those mics? If the quality isn't as good then I might ditch this idea all together and get more rb mics.
Yes, they work. I use them all the time. They are as good as the wired mics. I have no issue with them. I've also used them for the harmony achievements (in both this and TB:RB) so they will definitely work for that purpose.

BadAssNipples
11-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Yes, they work. I use them all the time. They are as good as the wired mics. I have no issue with them. I've also used them for the harmony achievements (in both this and TB:RB) so they will definitely work for that purpose.

thanks for the quick reply! That's what I needed to know.

NoThru22
11-02-2010, 02:24 PM
I found the original Lips mics to be much worse than the stock mic and far too sensitive. I've heard people say that the standalone or Lips #1 mics were improved, but I don't know if that's true. I only use the Lips if I want to do casual, hard vocals.

MattyG1983
11-02-2010, 04:36 PM
I haven't heard of any differences between Lips mics, original or otherwise, but yea I have the 2 from the original Lips and they work fine.