PDA

View Full Version : What's YOUR song of choice for HOPO-cidal Maniac? (DLC)

Didi Mau
11-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Hey guys,

Although I'm decent enough at guitar, I really don't like playing it anymore and stick solely to drums when I can. Due to this I'm trying to get these 53,596 hammer-ons/pull-offs out of the way as efficiently as possible. I have an awfully large amount of DLC, so I was wondering what everyone finds to be the best song for the job, and why.

Personally, so far I've been finding Chiron by All That Remains extremely good value in the time-per-HOPO's ratio: it's a 4:24 song, but assuming you can hit the verse and chorus you'll get an average of 800 HOPO's per run. The HOPO's are also relatively slow, to the point where I'm playing on a muted television whilst listening to my own music :p Their speed also means you won't lose any stamina so can grind the song, unlike songs like Caprici di Diablo which has a bucketload of HOPO's but you have to be extremely good to pick them up or play it multiple times in a row without getting tired.

Does anyone have a better song recommendation than 800 HOPO's per 4.5 minutes? Difficulty doesn't really matter, provided it's still possible to grind it out for long periods of time without getting tired.

daenius
11-02-2010, 12:56 PM
In my opinion one of the best songs for this Achievement is "Less Talk More Rokk" by Freezepop.

YouTube - Freezepop "Less Talk More Rokk" Expert Guitar

MuscularTea
11-02-2010, 01:03 PM
From what I`ve heard people say there`s a song by Freezepop that would be really good for this.

Neutral
11-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Tripolette from RBN!

Mass HOPOs and I hit my 60 seconds OD achievement on it solo :P

YouTube - RB2- Trippolette 100% Expert FC

GuitarGuruXXX
11-02-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm not gonna try for it. I'm just gonna let it happen. It will eventually come in time.

Didi Mau
11-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Sod's law that I have neither the recommended songs in my pile of 709 :p Ah well, only 13k left to go now.

My Endless Setlist gave me somewhere between 7-8k HOPO's, whilst 83 plays of Chiron would give more than enough at 66k...it's not half boring, though! I've finished off all the other Guitar goals so I'll just play this 16 more times then go back to my beloved drums, haha.

Neutral
11-02-2010, 03:23 PM
If you've done the import just play Painkiller or Panic Attack, MASS hopos all over the solos and riffs.

Shaynringan
11-02-2010, 03:42 PM
The majority of notes in Less Talk More Rokk are HOPOs, so it's my song of choice. :D

Napp
11-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Caprici Di Diablo, if you got the skillz bro

theshieguy
11-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Does anyone have a better song recommendation than 800 HOPO's per 4.5 minutes? Difficulty doesn't really matter, provided it's still possible to grind it out for long periods of time without getting tired.

Are you looking for songs that you can play over and over (like "Less Talk More Rokk"), or a variety of songs that will net you crazy amounts of HOPOs (like making a setlist of said songs and playing them to rack up on the HOPOs without getting bored with the game)?

Off the top of my head, "Warriors of Time" is a good choice if you are VERY good at sliding.

YouTube - Warriors of Time FC - Rock Band 2 - Expert Guitar

I turned on No-Fail for one run and got between 500 and 600 HOPOs with an 85% score. :p I NEVER play the song on guitar (only vox) hence the score. If someone could 95% or better that song, that would be a good choice to mix in with "Chiron" and others. Easily 900+ HOPOs in about 5 minutes. There are also Megadeth's songs (too many to name), "Waking The Demon" (if you feel like dealing with annoyingly repetitve HOPOs), "I Wanna Be Your Man" (about 500 HOPOs in 3 and half minutes...if you can almost FC it) and "Prequel To the Sequel" (more than 500 HOPOs but it's almost 6 minutes long). The last two songs are from RB2's 20 free songs. Then there's "Ride The Lightning" which is 7 minute long. Really only worth playing if you can get a score close to an FC.

YouTube - Rock Band 2 Guitar DLC: Ride the Lightning FC 100%

There are SO many songs this can be done with. It's crazy.

I apologize if you guys felt that there was no helpful info on this achievement in the guide. I just wanted to cover the RB3 songs that everybody has first before getting to DLC (still a work in progress). :p

In my opinion one of the best songs for this Achievement is "Less Talk More Rokk" by Freezepop.

YouTube - Freezepop "Less Talk More Rokk" Expert Guitar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oESDmCiGOrE)

There are SO many songs that the HOPO achievement can be done with, but I will have to add this song to the achievement guide (I wanted to wait until I picked out a few more disc songs before listing this one...but screw it :p). It's only 80 MS points and it can be used to also get the "Shameless Self-Promotion" achievement (win-win situation). I butchered "Less Talk More Rokk" Expert earlier today and got about 900 HOPOs in one run. I believe that the total amount (if FC'd) is around or just above 1300 HOPOs. :eek: I know it's at least 1200. And here I am suggesting songs with 500-600 HOPOs with the same time length. :rolleyes:

Tripolette from RBN!

Mass HOPOs and I hit my 60 seconds OD achievement on it solo :P

YouTube - RB2- Trippolette 100% Expert FC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvPzJ47X64w)

You mentioned this before and, after seeing that chart, I don't see any reason why someone would want to buy that song strictly for achievements. :confused: It's 160 MS pts (80 more than "Less Talk More Rokk"), it doesn't look like much fun (cool song though...it has a nice NES game background sound to it) and 60 seconds of OD can easily be gotten on a handful of Rock Band 1 songs if you are playing with at least one other person (or in RB3 with a full band). Thanks but no thanks. :o

BlackMoonLord
11-02-2010, 11:19 PM
On disc, Freebird is the best choice. Although it does look like Less Talk More Rokk is the best choice with dlc.

Neutral
11-03-2010, 12:02 PM
You mentioned this before and, after seeing that chart, I don't see any reason why someone would want to buy that song strictly for achievements. :confused: It's 160 MS pts (80 more than "Less Talk More Rokk"), it doesn't look like much fun (cool song though...it has a nice NES game background sound to it) and 60 seconds of OD can easily be gotten on a handful of Rock Band 1 songs if you are playing with at least one other person (or in RB3 with a full band). Thanks but no thanks. :o

You should buy the song just because you play rhythm games - it was originally a hidden track on GH1 for PS2 that you had to use a gameshark to access.

Fun to play, not too hard, about 90% hammerons and only a minute and 40 long.

blurbia
11-03-2010, 02:27 PM
There's also:
'Inside the Fire'
'The Metal'
'Woman' has a decent amount

A CATSHOVEL
11-03-2010, 06:22 PM
I was playing Hallow Be Thy Name (Live) by Iron Maiden earlier and it has quite a few.