PDA

View Full Version : Very Soon? A week and counting.

SFAL
11-02-2010, 08:07 PM
This should be familiar to many of us.
You haven’t linked to Rock Band 3!
When you play Rock Band 3 and link your game to your RockBand.com account, all of your gameplay information will be stored right here - scores, career progress, goal accomplishments, and more. You can also make setlists and challenge your friends to battles right from the web!
Link Your Game (button)
The next page should also be also.
Linking is coming very soon!
We're still putting the finishing touches on this feature and hope to have it ready soon! Stay updated on the forums, on Facebook or on Twitter!

How To Link
Watch The Tutorial Video (button)
Aside from the forums, Facebook and Twitter being filled with no information, they've even got a tutorial on how to do what you can't do.

So how soon is very soon? Why do they seem to have such a difficult time telling anyone anything of substance, anyway?

auburn fury
11-02-2010, 08:39 PM
* very, very soon.

Haha, no idea, I assumed it would have been released with the new dashboard but it still hasn't happened. I'm getting sick of my 9/4 on my score haha

Dustinator
11-02-2010, 10:32 PM
It's irritating to have the 4 or 9 on the end of my gs, but I can live with it for like another week. I know HMX is busy trying to fix bugs, please the community, answer their questions & deal with the release of a potentially AAA game in Dance Central for the Kinect, so I can understand the linking not working for a week or two. Anything more than that, and I think that it's taking a biiiiiiiiiit too long

BlackMoonLord
11-02-2010, 10:49 PM
I have no idea why it wasnt ready at launch. Unacceptable imo

Buddha DS9
11-03-2010, 12:01 AM
thank god i'm not the only one who gets driven crazy by having a screwed up gs! one of those things people online tend to laugh at, but i knew my people were out there somewhere! thanks... i do feel better about the whole thing now ;)

institutions
11-03-2010, 01:46 AM
I don't care too much about the 4 or 9 on my GS, or the fact that HMX should have had this finished a long time ago; i'm just tired of having to wait to get this incredibly easy achievement.

Plus, I feel good when i'm playing a game and see the number of achievements I have for the game.

Cephiros
11-03-2010, 04:00 AM
I want this to be done because I am actually interested in what it can do. Also, I haven't had a gamerscore end in 0 or 5 since I got an off achievement in Roogoo.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
11-03-2010, 05:30 AM
I have no idea why it wasnt ready at launch. Unacceptable imo

i second this, these are things that they should make work before releasing product that ties into the website. they had plenty of time to get it up and running efore the game, why the delay?

The Nerevarine
11-03-2010, 07:37 AM
If they just made it 5 points almost no one would even care, but they had to be be pricks about it. Some day this achievement will be unobtainable. It's not even an achievement, it's just their way of forcing you to sign up for the web site.

Starstrukk X360A
11-03-2010, 08:19 AM
I already signed up for the website back when I got Rock Band 2 (even linked it.)
I'm surprised they have to tear it down and rebuild it for RB3. Linking was far from a hassle for RB2.

ooh ahh mcgrath
11-03-2010, 10:58 AM
I have bad O.C.D when it comes to my gamerscore having a 4/9 on the end is killing me!ahhhh!Please hurry up Harmonix your making me ill.

x352x pH
11-03-2010, 01:00 PM
I want this to be done because I am actually interested in what it can do. Also, I haven't had a gamerscore end in 0 or 5 since I got an off achievement in Roogoo.

There are various games you can pick up to help you plan out balancing your gamerscore. I played Luxor 2 (DONT PLAY THIS GAME!!! ALL OF THE ACHIEVEMENTS ARE 7, 14, 16, 8, etc.) and fucked up my shit so I eventually found FIFA 09 had an achievement that would balance mine out (the achievement was 19gs, the other achievement in FIFA 09 was 1 gs but I knew I couldn't acidentally get it cause it was for logging 100 hours of play of something lol). There are many other games with these random off gamerscore achievements. Off the top of my head I can think of DJ Hero and The Orange Box. Just look around and then pick a game you don't really care about or w/e and rent it, lol.

Stufin135
11-03-2010, 01:08 PM
There are various games you can pick up to help you plan out balancing your gamerscore. I played Luxor 2 (DONT PLAY THIS GAME!!! ALL OF THE ACHIEVEMENTS ARE 7, 14, 16, 8, etc.) and fucked up my shit so I eventually found FIFA 09 had an achievement that would balance mine out (the achievement was 19gs, the other achievement in FIFA 09 was 1 gs but I knew I couldn't acidentally get it cause it was for logging 100 hours of play of something lol). There are many other games with these random off gamerscore achievements. Off the top of my head I can think of DJ Hero and The Orange Box. Just look around and then pick a game you don't really care about or w/e and rent it, lol.
Or he could just wait a week for account linking to become available. :confused:

Richie Sambuca
11-03-2010, 02:47 PM
If they just made it 5 points almost no one would even care, but they had to be be pricks about it...it's just their way of forcing you to sign up for the web site.

Totally agree. I just wish they would get it set up already. I'm getting tired of checking their broken website every day.

x352x pH
11-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Or he could just wait a week for account linking to become available. :confused:
well on his GT it says he has 37666 gamerscore, so the 6 gs achievement would not balance it out in that case.

SFAL
11-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Mine GS is even now, so this one would "unbalance" it. So it's not the GS, or what that number is, it's one page whining at you telling you to go to another page that tells you to flip off. Aside from that, it's just one more example of stuff that wasn't ready, no matter "whose fault" it is. It gives you the code to link in the game, so what's up with who ever is running the web pages and or the database? And a little information would be nice for a change.

Customer No Service, amirite

Chazzi27
11-04-2010, 02:38 AM
I don't care too much about the gamerpoints (my Gamerscore was already messed up) I would just like to have the functionality that comes with the linked account.

MartyMcFly
11-04-2010, 08:27 PM
It's up and running!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I'm at work so I can't do it right now. But the entry box is there!

http://www.rockband.com/link

EDIT: Actually, if you already linked with Rock Band 2 all you have to do is sign in to the website! Which means when I turn on Rock Band 3 when I get home the achievement should just pop.

Crossing my fingers!

Shaynringan
11-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Cheers, mate. :)

garrett007
11-04-2010, 09:05 PM
I tried to activate my account but when I click "create profie" it says "something has gone wrong with our site." I hope it works for others.

AlmightyZing
11-05-2010, 06:06 PM
It's up and running!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I'm at work so I can't do it right now. But the entry box is there!

http://www.rockband.com/link

EDIT: Actually, if you already linked with Rock Band 2 all you have to do is sign in to the website! Which means when I turn on Rock Band 3 when I get home the achievement should just pop.

Crossing my fingers!

funny story,

I had already linked my RB2 with their site but when I try to sign in with that email address (and i know i'm using the right ones because i have the emails confirming registration) it tells me that they have no record of that email in their system.

SFAL
11-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Yes, it's gone live now, and it seems to have autolinked me, because the other games are registered, I suppose. However, it appears as if I'll need to get into the game again to get the status and stats updated. Some of the pages are erroring, although that's to be expected with no linking-data yet etc.

What's This? Your profile homepage contains an activity feed of everything you've done in Rock Band 3 — your score for every performance, your career progress, setlists you create and play, any cool gear you win, and all your characters. You can also see the gameplay activity of all your friends and share your accomplishments with your social networks by clicking “View and Share” at the bottom of the update. You’ve linked to Rock Band 3 but we haven't seen you play yet!

When you play Rock Band 3 and link your game to your RockBand.com account, all of your gameplay information will be stored right here - scores, career progress, goal accomplishments, and more. You can also make setlists and challenge your friends to battles right from the web!

Would have been nicer to have some idea ahead of time, or a more obvious single page status on the web site, though. Still, nine days, not too bad.

sleepynow
11-06-2010, 02:23 AM
I finally got to link this morning, but it didn't pop. I signed in, out, restarted RB3, and finally gave up. I played a bit after work, but it still won't unlock. I can sign in on the website and everything, but it just keeps saying I'm linked but haven't played RB3.....Hmm....little disappointing, but I'm sure it'll get sorted soon.
Don't let me down HMX!!

Red Testament
11-06-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm a little disheartened to see people still having problems with this. I just picked the game up today. I tried entering the code with my tag, but wasn't working. Thought it was a simple problem of me not having an account. I tried signing up, but the site seems to be overloaded and the front page just has a picture and nothing more. It's not a big deal, but I hope its fixed soon.

sleepingrhino
11-07-2010, 03:39 AM
I am having the same issues. Finally got the link page up and yet nothing pops when I go in game.... LAME

Sorry but if this wasn't ready for launch were Harmonix and EA really ready? I am sorry but this game has always had at least ONE major issue at launch.

Sorry but I just think that something as simple as this should have been ready and tested prior to launch, maybe EA shouldn't have laid off so many QA testers...

grumpiercloud
11-07-2010, 01:31 PM
My problem is when I go to the site (Rockband.com) any time I try and sign in it WILL NOT WORK for the life of me :/