PDA

View Full Version : Help with "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" achievement

WaltXXX
11-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Achievement: You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet - Maintain overdrive for 60 seconds.

Which on-disc RB3 songs are possible to get this achievement on with one guitar?

/Walter

BlackMoonLord
11-02-2010, 10:47 PM
I dont believe it's possible with one guitar. Easily done with two though.

x352x pH
11-03-2010, 01:15 AM
Achievement: You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet - Maintain overdrive for 60 seconds.

Which on-disc RB3 songs are possible to get this achievement on with one guitar?

/Walter

Don't know about RB3 on disc but "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" from RB1 is VERY easy to do it with

Richie Sambuca
11-03-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm going to see if I can do this by myself on guitar and vocals. Not sure if it's doable, but it's worth a shot.

WaltXXX
11-03-2010, 03:58 PM
I dont believe it's possible with one guitar. Easily done with two though.

Which songs with two guitars then? Any easy ones?

x352x pH
11-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Which songs with two guitars then? Any easy ones?
I would assume most anything. Just have each person build up a full star power meter and then alternate activating just before the other runs out.

Didi Mau
11-03-2010, 04:12 PM
It probably won't help much because it's not on-disc, but if you think exporting the entire RB1 library is too expensive for Are You Gonna Be My Girl, the Guns N' Roses song "Sorry" on Bass will give you not only the 60 second achievement, but also the 90 second goal with little to no thought required in terms of when to activate the overdrive. It has an extremely slow bpm, so OD lasts ages and when you reach another OD phrase whilst already in overdrive, whammying sustains will actually fill your meter rather than keeping it level.

It's a truly worthless song to play on any of the instruments though, so it's pretty much just buying it for the sake of achievements unless you actually like GnR's Chinese Democracy album.

akaakashaboingboing
11-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Which intrument would help get the achievement in "Are you gonna be my girl"? I've tried it with drums and got 54 seconds, I tried with guitar and only got 40 seconds. Am I supposed to time it right?

JQTNguyen
11-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Which intrument would help get the achievement in "Are you gonna be my girl"? I've tried it with drums and got 54 seconds, I tried with guitar and only got 40 seconds. Am I supposed to time it right?

I did it on Are You Gonna Be My Girl on Guitar, activating when the OD Bar was filled completely.

akaakashaboingboing
11-04-2010, 12:14 PM
I did it on Are You Gonna Be My Girl on Guitar, activating when the OD Bar was filled completely. On Expert, Ja?

RealistIdealist
11-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Another easy song on guitar to do it on is "The Kill" the bar moves down so slowly.

FatPants77
11-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks to the person who mentioned "Sorry" by GnR on bass. That worked like a charm for me.

BrandAid1138
11-04-2010, 06:20 PM
yeah, i tried to do this on hard on drums w/Are you gonna be my girl? and i've missed it each time (tried 3 times now). It goes for a long damn time, but it never pops. I could swear it's over 60 seconds, but noooooooooooooo. I shall try again this evening!

x352x pH
11-04-2010, 06:28 PM
On Expert, Ja?

Yeah, play on expert and then when your OD bar is full let 'er rip. you should have it going for the first 2 mins of the song easy

bigsilentrob
11-04-2010, 06:33 PM
I guess that's where my problem was. I was trying it on hard and couldn't get it. I'll try expert when I get around to playing again. Thanks for the tip.

akaakashaboingboing
11-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Is there certain moment in the song when I should "let 'er rip"? Cause I get a full bar, hit most if not all of the Overdrive notes and still it runs out before it can get there.

x352x pH
11-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Is there certain moment in the song when I should "let 'er rip"? Cause I get a full bar, hit most if not all of the Overdrive notes and still it runs out before it can get there.

you have to hit ALL of the overdrive notes, esp. towards the beginning of your "run." if you're still having difficulty try waiting a little while after you have a full OD bar, but if youre hitting all the OD notes there should only be one lengthy section where there is no OD notes that you need to get past which is usually accomplished by waiting until you have a full OD bar to begin with.

MartyMcFly
11-04-2010, 08:17 PM
I got it on "Are you Gonna be my Girl" on Hard - Guitar.

I filled up the OD to it's halfway point (where it's enough to deploy). Then, somewhere during the 2nd verse where there is breaks between the vocals I deployed it. The next batch of OD notes were enough to boost it up and so on.

Basically when you fill it halfway it's enough to get it, but wait 5 seconds before deploying it or so to make it last to the next OD notes.

As for RB3 songs solo? I haven't found one it's possible on. I felt I got really close while playing "Smoke on the Water" at one point, but ultimately I think you need to coordinate your attempt with at least one other person.

Gravedigger31133
11-04-2010, 10:55 PM
I got this with The Kill -30SecondsToMars on pro drums. Got a 1:20 streak

Richie Sambuca
11-10-2010, 04:18 PM
The most I could ever get on "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" on Medium and Hard guitar was 57 seconds or so. After a few failed attempts, I tried Medium guitar and Easy vocals at the same time and got it on my first try.

JamieIchi
11-11-2010, 04:59 PM
another easy one is We are the Champions by Queen. I got the cheevo without trying, but not the 90 second ingame goal

blurbia
11-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Surprised only one person mentioned "The Kill". By far the easiest IMO. Without trying I got 2:04 (by myself).

"Are you Gonna Be My Girl" another candidate.
I think also "Blitzkrieg Bop"? There's another RB1 disc song that has A LOT of unison bonuses that are back to back (other than Dani California, since that isn't in RB3).

NoThru22
11-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Surprised only one person mentioned "The Kill". By far the easiest IMO. Without trying I got 2:04 (by myself).

"Are you Gonna Be My Girl" another candidate.
I think also "Blitzkrieg Bop"? There's another RB1 disc song that has A LOT of unison bonuses that are back to back (other than Dani California, since that isn't in RB3).
Ha, I was coming here to post that I got it on the Kill in pro drums last night without even thinking about it, but I was beaten to punch multiple times.

Majica8
01-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Posting here instead of starting a new thread.
Does anyone know the best ON DISC song for getting this with a 4 player band? Or with 4 players does it not matter because it will last that long to start with?

timmeh9
01-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Posting here instead of starting a new thread.
Does anyone know the best ON DISC song for getting this with a 4 player band? Or with 4 players does it not matter because it will last that long to start with?

No song in particular. Just make sure you have all saved up your star power, then get the drummer to activate his/her star power 1st (as the drums only have a specific moment in any given song where they can activate it), then get another member in the band to activate thier star power just as the drummers star power is running low. Repeat with the remaining band members and the jobs a good'un.