PDA

View Full Version : Most Authentic Strummer Achivement Problem

akaakashaboingboing
11-02-2010, 11:47 PM
It doesn't stop with this game does it? First the drum roll achievement, now the 100% hard bass achievement...

Okay, so, I'm playing "Charlene(I'm right behind you)" on hard bass, strumming up, 100% notes hit, no achievement. So I try expert, 100% notes hit, strumming up, nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Did, Imagine by John Lennon, it popped. Go figure.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
11-03-2010, 05:34 AM
It doesn't stop with this game does it? First the drum roll achievement, now the 100% hard bass achievement...

Okay, so, I'm playing "Charlene(I'm right behind you)" on hard bass, strumming up, 100% notes hit, no achievement. So I try expert, 100% notes hit, strumming up, nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Did, Imagine by John Lennon, it popped. Go figure.

it seems like they went super lazy with the achievements/achievement descriptions. they are not as straight-forward as they should be, like the NIN achievement. it has to be done on drums, but it doesnt actually mention that.

feels like their priorities lied elsewhere. im really starting to hate on HMX, who i favored over GH for quite a while. their stupid, f'd up lanuch of RB3 and website issues arent impressing me a whole bunch.

TwistedFate
11-03-2010, 06:01 AM
they are not as straight-forward as they should be, like the NIN achievement. it has to be done on drums, but it doesnt actually mention that.

It's in the Drum Challenge section. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Firvagor
11-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Go into your bass goals and select the "100% authentic" upstrum goal so you get a percentage box on the screen, just to make it easier to tell whether it's actually registering. You've done it now, but there's a suggestion for others reading this.

For some reason the game likes to randomly register notes as downstrums even though you clearly upstrummed. What I ended up doing was pulling outward on the strumbar (away from the body, as if you're yanking it out) and upstrumming that way while still gripping it. It's annoying, but somehow it works.
I had this happen on two guitars, so I'm pretty sure the game is misinterpreting. Same song, same issue, no overstrumming, never tried another song. I wasn't exactly interested in disconnecting the downstrum wire/button just to see whether it was purely a hardware issue, either. :p

Riphade 1
11-04-2010, 06:15 PM
It's in the Drum Challenge section. Seems pretty straight forward to me.
Im getting pretty tired of reading your cocky bs answers. You're coming off as a real dick. Guess what. Its CLEARLY not abvious. It says it NO WHERE in the achievements description. So no, people would NOT notice it. Christ.

TwistedFate
11-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Im getting pretty tired of reading your cocky bs answers. You're coming off as a real dick.

Then put me in your ignore list and move on. Better do it quick, too, because I have another one coming up later in this post.

Guess what. Its CLEARLY not abvious. It says it NO WHERE in the achievements description. So no, people would NOT notice it. Christ.

Then I'm going to guess "Tune Up", "HOPO-cidal Maniac", and "Face Melter" have you positively stymied as well since none of them mention how to do it.

If people didn't play the game solely by reading the achievement list and doing only what they are told to do, then maybe they would notice it.

x352x pH
11-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Then I'm going to guess "Tune Up", "HOPO-cidal Maniac", and "Face Melter" have you positively stymied as well since none of them mention how to do it.

rofl, nice :P