Beware of Gamers thread

Rocket

I searched and maybe I just am thinking in a one direction way, but why not have a thread that is a beware List. Like people who said they were going to help you out but ended up taking from you and not returning the favor....I think it may help people out so they don't get burned. I know we have a pretty legit site where most if not all the members are respectable and reliable, but there are some that are not...as well as this doesn't have to be members as I put gamertag not user name...as some don't have the same username as gamertag anyway...

Example: (this is not for real only an example)

Gamertag: therocktjb

Game: Crackdown

What happened: We were playing CO-OP time trials and he only needed to beat 3 more of them in order to get his TAG TEAMER achievement, and as soon as he got his achievement he left. The agreement was that we do all the time trials so I could get mine but he just left.

Gamertag: therocktjb

Game: Backgammon

What happened: We were playing CO-OP and we had agreed to get the 25 victories in a row for each other, and he had said that he was only needing 12 more or something. So I begin to lose on purpose each match, well as soon as he got his 12th or so win, he quit and didn't come back. Avoid this gamer at all costs as he is only out for hisself.

If anyone on the site revieves help with an achievement then promptly leaves they will not be a member very long ;)

People have been banned for it before and it will not be tolerated.

If anyone does this type of thing report them to staff and they will be dealt with ;)

This I understand and totally get, but like I said above, what about those that aren't members of the site...and even then when the member gets banned, whats to stop them from still playing with our members and doing it? On another site I am on, I was banned for a few minutes by a MOD as a joke because of a conversation we were having (jokingly I remind you) and I was still able to get on the site and look around as a guest. So even though we have banned users, who is to say that they aren't still lurking around here trying to get in on stuff? The thread may get used it may not, I don't know, but I think that it may be worth a shot to try it out at least? Give it a month, and if nothing then delete it...

This I understand and totally get, but like I said above, what about those that aren't members of the site...and even then when the member gets banned, whats to stop them from still playing with our members and doing it?

Easy solution is to not trade achievements with anyone who is not a member of the forum. At this point, I generally don't add anyone to my friends list unless they have enough posts to show up in the member list.