PDA

View Full Version : Introducing meself (lol)

Chimaera
03-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Bah..... pretty hard to tell something about myself but I'll give it my best shot.

My real name is Martijn Gelissen,(just pronounce as Martin) and I live in the Netherlands, Europe.
Maybe you guys haven't heard of it, but when I mention our capital, Amsterdam, everybody always says 'free weed' and 'red light district'. I guess that's why everyone remembers Amsterdam (lol)
Our native language is Dutch, so my English can be crap at times.

I'm a 20 year old male, and I'm in my 3rd year of my Medicine study at the University of Maastricht (very south of the Netherlands). It's a pretty time consuming study, but I try to enjoy my 360 as much as possible.

Gaming history
As a young kid I owned several consoles (or console-like things hehe)
I started with the commandor64, a very pre-historic game console that was using tapes insetad of cartridges.
On my 8th birthday I got a NES, which I had for like 3 years (with only good ol' duckhunt and mario bros 1.)
After that I got a SNES, with like 6 games (getting better)
Soon after I switched to the Playstation, and after that the PS2.

But since the launch of the big black box here in Europe I got my self a xbox. Since it was premodded I never got the chance to play xbox live, which was a pity, but I use a tunneling software XBconnect.
I spend most of the time playing Halo 2, and became on of the better xbc dutch players.
For those who are interested, here's a link to my montages:
http://xp1_chimaera.filefront.com/

When I heard the 360 was announced I followed al the news, and became more excited every day.
I pre-ordered mine, but the shop had run out of supply, so a moment I thought it was going to be a lonely Christmas.
But I managed to get one through the internet, a premium system for only 475 euro. (retail price is 400 euro).

As for now I stopped playing halo 2, as it was getting repetitive.
So now I'm focusing mainly on getting a lot of achievements in the games. The games that I own (for now hehehe)
- Kameo ( a truly masterpiece)
- GRAW
- DOA4
- CoD2
- Amped 3

Hobbies
Besides all the gaming, and relationship stuff I have several other things I like to do.
First of all I like to browse the web, looking for new stuff/facts. Second I'm pretty good with photoshop (I made the sweet new banner on the main site).
I also like to go on vacation and snowbaord all day. Especially freestule snowboarding with pies, rails etc. That's even more exciting as playing xbox360, but not as close to sex. :p

Other
I'm still looking for some friends to play some xbox 360 games, as 3/4 of my buddylist is filled with xbox 1 Halo 2 players. I could use some good company for some games:)

I'll try to get some pics up soon, but don't expect some fancy HD-TV as I'm to poor:(

Tron
03-27-2006, 12:58 PM
ive been to Masstricht... pretty flat... i played soccer there, forgot who against.... welcome.

Chimaera
03-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Yep, Netherlands is pretty flat

Nukeshell
03-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Finally, a Dutch guy on the Forum. Thought me and me local buddies were the only ones.

Chimaera
03-27-2006, 09:31 PM
I might aswell add u to my buddylist, maybe we can kick some ass together?

Nukeshell
03-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Ok, I should have some space left in my friendlist....