PDA

View Full Version : RB1 Tracks

ooh ahh mcgrath
11-03-2010, 11:09 AM
I just exported my Rockband 1 songs and think some may be missing and didnt get exported.Does anybody know if you dont get all the songs and which ones you dont get and why?

Neutral
11-03-2010, 12:03 PM
I just exported my Rockband 1 songs and think some may be missing and didnt get exported.Does anybody know if you dont get all the songs and which ones you dont get and why?

The paranoid cover, run to the hills cover, enter sandman, and the red hot chilli peppers songs are meant to be missing.

e: oh, and black hole sun.

From RB2, you lose battery, let there be rock, spoonman, any way you want it and the RHCP song again.

Well, more are missing but the other missing tracks are coming as free DLC so randomers can get the Shameless Self Promotion achievement.

x352x pH
11-03-2010, 12:32 PM

Someone already mentioned which ones don't import but the reason why is because of re-licensing issues. Harmonix can't re-license certain songs for various reasons. For example, Once Guitar Hero: Metallica was released they were no longer able to license Metallica songs for their games due to a conflict of interests.

ooh ahh mcgrath
11-03-2010, 10:19 PM
ok,thanks for that.

x352x pH
11-03-2010, 10:43 PM
ok,thanks for that.
No problem!

mikachu93
11-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Have they released an explanation for Black Hole Sun and Dani California yet? I don't think it's acceptable at all that songs I've already paid for are being blocked off without legitimate reasoning.

MachineZed
11-04-2010, 02:24 AM
Have they released an explanation for Black Hole Sun and Dani California yet? I don't think it's acceptable at all that songs I've already paid for are being blocked off without legitimate reasoning.
Reason you don't have them is because again licensing.

I am also missing one of the Bang Camaro songs.

If you really want to play the songs you can always go back to the old GH way and put in the old disc. Its not like the old songs have any pro parts except for drums anyways.

RealistIdealist
11-04-2010, 04:22 AM
Reason you don't have them is because again licensing.

If you really want to play the songs you can always go back to the old GH way and put in the old disc. Its not like the old songs have any pro parts except for drums anyways.

He meant like "straight from Harmonix" official. I'm going to be miffed why Harmonix doesn't tell you why certain songs weren't exportable. I know it's likely not going to come back but I'd like an explanation as to why I'm not able to play some songs. Well if it's any consolation it's better to export near everything than "40 of 85" songs.

Dustinator
11-04-2010, 12:03 PM
He meant like "straight from Harmonix" official. I'm going to be miffed why Harmonix doesn't tell you why certain songs weren't exportable. I know it's likely not going to come back but I'd like an explanation as to why I'm not able to play some songs. Well if it's any consolation it's better to export near everything than "40 of 85" songs.

The Red Hot Chili Pepper songs on RB1 & RB2 aren't exportable. Same with the Soundgarden songs on RB1 & RB2. I really don't think HMX is going to give an "official" explanation.

My gut feeling, is this has to be licensing issues due to the rumored Guitar Hero RHCP and Soundgarden's new cd being exclusive to GH Warriors of Rock. HMX prolly couldn't relicense those few songs because they're exclusive(like Metallica).

Journey's "Any Way You Want It" from RB2 is not exportable to RB3 also. My guess on that one not being exportable, is that HMX will release it to be purchased on the marketplace with harmonies and keys included. Like a Journey's Greatest Hits Pack. One can only hope! :)

Neutral
11-04-2010, 12:32 PM

These are coming out for free soon, my theory being, they're making it so everyone can get Shameless Self Promotion.

mikachu93
11-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Yeah, sorry about not being very specific. I don't care that we can't play Dani California, as long as I have a very good reason from Harmonix themselves. I can guess (and am guessing) licensing issues, but I prefer confirmation.

PHART007
11-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Has anyone noticed who has the DLC song, Rock Your Socks by Tenacoius D that you can't play it on Rock Band 3 ?? :confused:

I downloaded this when it was released last year for RB2, i've checked my memory folder and it'd definetly on my hard drive but it won't appear on my setlist, so i can't play it on RB3. :confused:

Really weird. :(

TA Sasuke
11-25-2010, 10:43 AM
For some reason Rock Your Socks doesn't work in RB3 even though The Metal does and as far as i know Tribute and Master Exploder do. No idea the reason though.

Dustinator
11-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Has anyone noticed who has the DLC song, Rock Your Socks by Tenacoius D that you can't play it on Rock Band 3 ?? :confused:

This song and the other DLC that was released that same week, are not loading properly in RB3. HMX is working on it and said they'll fix it. For some reason, it just had to do with the DLC released that one week. Prolly some coding error they're working on. Dunno for sure tho

PHART007
11-25-2010, 08:31 PM
This song and the other DLC that was released that same week, are not loading properly in RB3. HMX is working on it and said they'll fix it. For some reason, it just had to do with the DLC released that one week. Prolly some coding error they're working on. Dunno for sure tho

Thanks Dustinator, it's good to know that Harmonix are sorting it. :)

For some reason Rock Your Socks doesn't work in RB3 even though The Metal does and as far as i know Tribute and Master Exploder do. No idea the reason though.

Yeah, they all work with RB3 as i played them when getting the Dave Grohl achievement, that's how i noticed Rock Your Socks wasn't working.