PDA

View Full Version : Well its come out and I have it...

DanFlyhight
11-03-2010, 12:50 PM
And the starter deck SUCKS!!!! Holy god! I start the single player and can only win 1 of the 3 duels in the preliminary and I've tried 3 times now. Now of course it sucks because its the beginning of the game, the games on the GBA/DS have always been like this, but what do those games have that this one does not? I can't import my real cards using the numbers on them to transfer them into the game. Where is that at? Cause if its there I can't find it...But its still good. Game mechanics are pretty much identical to the GBA/DS games just with newer cards.

Karashion Judas-Ka
11-03-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't belive there is a place to enter the card codes in this game, its a shame cause it would have been helpful but I can understand why they would leave it out.

Shorty11857
11-03-2010, 12:56 PM
I just got destroyed in my first duel, the starter deck is horrible
Thought I had a good strategy only for the AI to use Monster Reborn on me and leave me dead in the water

Gohan Reborn
11-03-2010, 12:58 PM
The starter deck actually has a few decent cards for a "starters deck"... Problem is the opponents have better ones anyway lol. My suggestion is keep playing... Win one game, and you get several new cards... Fix deck and try again.

DanFlyhight
11-03-2010, 01:10 PM
That's the only thing we can do. I just lost a duel in 2 turns! lol holy crap...And I'm not sure but I think this game doesn't adhear to the forbidden/limited/restricted list at all. Which is bad for me cause having 3 robbin gobblin trap cards is killing me with this one guy

DanFlyhight
11-03-2010, 01:39 PM
okay I lied. it does enforce the forbidden/limited/restricted list. At least some version of it anyway

Shorty11857
11-03-2010, 01:41 PM
The starter deck actually isn't that bad once you learn to play it, I've got to the semi-final of the tournament and I am putting up a decent fight with it

Just won the tournament and beat Jack with the started deck, so yeah decent deck in the end

KFZ Scrubs
11-03-2010, 03:05 PM
I agree about the starter decks.... my first duel they summoned a 3000 attack monster on their first move and then destroyed me in the next 2.....

Foxhound300
11-03-2010, 03:29 PM
What is the starter deck? Is it just a random mix or do they throw a theme at you?

Shorty11857
11-03-2010, 03:31 PM
What is the starter deck? Is it just a random mix or do they throw a theme at you?

A mix of Elemental Heroes but no fusions, some decent spell and trap cards, a bunch of other random monsters. No tuners or synchro either

ChemicalxRachel
11-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Yeah I can barely do anything with the starter deck. I don't really think its the fact that the starter deck is just that, a starter deck, but its that your opponents have way better cards than you do. Its still awesome, I love this game already =).

Bleeding Star
11-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Whilst I agree the starter deck is pretty crappy I got some good cards from winning/losing pretty quickly and my dark deck is starting to take shape

So glad it finally got released :D

ChemicalxRachel
11-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah I'm basically playing the AI and trying to get new cards lol. Its slowly starting to take its form. It'll definitely take a bit to gather the cards...man it'd be a crappy tourny if all you had was the starter deck lmao.

Karashion Judas-Ka
11-04-2010, 03:53 AM
ya Ai decks are hard to beat but they are beatable just got to play your cards and pray you have the right counter set up to stop them from bring out the heavy hitters. I have won a couple times and seen many of loses but I know their decks now and have a good idea of what to expect. I am just happy I am not as rusty as I thought I was.

Phoenix BLK
11-04-2010, 03:54 AM
i think the starter deck has some fairly good spell and trap cards but the monsters are pretty bad, most of them anyway.

is there a list of cards you can possibly in the game? i know what i used to have so i really want to make the same deck but theres no point trying to do that if you can't get the cards

if the game had the input codes, then you could just go to google images and find them, type them in and beat the single player first go. thats way too easy so i guess thats why the don't have it!

hydrosugar
11-04-2010, 11:19 AM
i just played the trial( the prelimenariry matches) after going through the tutorial first(i knew the basics but not what a syncro summon was)

anyways i pulled off some sweet moves(whats possible with the starting 40 cards) in the first duel and won(kept damaging him down - by the time he was on 500lp he had an army of monsters, but i attacked him directly with the submarine thing:woop:)

but i lost the next duel by 1900lp(i tried my very best with the starter deck but got overrun by 2-3 of those lv8 syncro monsters from the tutorial)

i came closer in the 3rd duel winning 5000lp to 900lp with stalling tactics, but by then she had a mega army of lv6+ monsters and took me out in one hit

its the same thing the starter deck is okay, but they have heaps of tank guys that murder me. i did win all three paper scissors rock in one shot which seemed strange but im happy. i didnt get round to fidling around with my 12 extra cards i got frm playing, since this is the trial

despite initial roadbumps, i belive i can win if i keep getting better cards and ill probably pick the full thing up tommorow. im not a fan of the series in general, and definately not this 5d's crap(although i do like the abridged series of the original;)) but the basic nostalgia of forbidden memories on ps1 is there, and they seemed to have pulled the mechanics off very well