PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry (WR - Cin) Cleared In Drug Test

SteelerXBox360
05-23-2007, 07:51 PM
This one is for you E:

Good news for Chris Henry and the Bengals.
Link: http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6064
Article clipped from the Geoff Hobson story:
After being falsely accused of failing a drug test that could have ended his NFL
career, Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry was cleared Wednesday by the state of
Kentucky and his lawyer says he's owed an apology.
On Monday, the Kenton County Attorney's Office almost immediately backed off
public statements that Henry had failed a drug test that would have violated his
probation and sent him to jail for 88 days.
But on Wednesday the state of Kentucky released the following statement:
This information did not come from the state Division of Probation & Parole.
Repeated referrals to our office by the Kenton County Attorney's office were
wrong. The Kenton County Attorney’s Office has no jurisdiction in our probation
supervision of Henry. Our office did, however, receive results of a drug test
conducted on Henry today, and those results were negative. Ken Easterling, the assistant Kenton County prosecutor, told The Cincinnati
Enquirer earlier this week that Henry gave two urine samples at separate locations
for probation stemming from arrests in Kenton County and Orange County, Fla.
Easterling has told the media that Kenton County was waiting on a second analysis
to confirm the first.
Those familiar with drug tests say "false positive" on an initial screening can
come from an array of factors ranging from age of the test kit to over-the-counter
drugs, and that it doesn't mean there is any amount of a prohibited substance.
"All I know is that I've seen two tests and they're both negative and they don't
contain any controlled substances," said Robert Lotz, Henry's lawyer of Covington,
Ky.
Although Lotz said his client is owed an apology, he wouldn't say from whom. Lotz
also wouldn't comment when asked if Henry would seek legal action for being falsely
accused or if his privacy rights guaranteed in the Health Insurance Portability
and Accountability Act (HIPAA) were violated.
Marvin Frazier, one of Henry's agents, had no comment Wednesday when asked if
Henry would seek legal action.

[[[[[[[[[[[ OUR VIEW ]]]]]]]]]]]]
It strikes me that it's a sad state of affairs when Chris Henry passing a drug test
is newsworthy. But this is a special circumstance given the story earlier this week
that he'd failed a drug test. If that had been the case, there would have been serious
and possibly career ending implications.
But we sent the story along to you when the prosecutor said he'd failed his drug test
and it's only right we send this now to let you know they've now changed their
position.
The bad news of course is that Henry and the Bengals fans were put through a lot of
stress over this. At the very least an apology is in order. If the prosecutor is
going to make a claim that could possibly end a man's career, he'd better be for
sure he's correct.
I would guess his higher ups are making that excruciatingly clear with him right
about now.

Note: The our view section is from footballguys.com (http://www.footballguys.com), my Fantasy Football source

Shaaady Souljah
05-23-2007, 08:11 PM
i hope this is the first step of many that set the bengals on the right path... way too many problems going on with them lately.

chris henry was the greatest 3rd wr option in the league last year (when he actually played)

SteelerXBox360
05-23-2007, 09:18 PM
chris henry was the greatest 3rd wr option in the league last year (when he actually played)

I agree. He has the Steelers # and I won't miss seeing him out there for the 1st half of the season but even though I hate them and all, I really wish that they turn things around as it is no fun kicking guys when they are down...

Jdm
05-28-2007, 03:42 AM
I'm not a Bengals fan, but I'm glad that Chris Henry is in the clear. I hope this can begin a new rep for the Bengals.

I'm hoping for the best for "Pac-Man" Jones and Tank Johnson as well. I don't like seeing players, not playing.

Fonkey Monkey
05-28-2007, 03:51 AM
thats good, but damn theres still like 20 other bangals in trouble