PDA

View Full Version : Official Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Bitching Thread.

Gareth Dent
11-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Made this in an attempt to keep the forum clean.

Everybody seems to be making posts/threads about how the AI and the starter decks sucks.
Well heres your chance. Share your storys or give some advice.

Either way, go wild :)

Bleeding Star
11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
No offence but I see 1 topic on each, hardly need for an "Official bitching topic"

Gareth Dent
11-03-2010, 05:02 PM
It will and or is likely to grow it's only the first day, instead of putting an idea down why not contribute. No offence to you or anything but if people contribute as to how to avoid such errors rather then saying. AI R DUMB HELP MEH then the need would slowly fade away.

Don't you just hate "No Offence" its like saying, Hey im about to insult you but by saying no offence it makes it A-ok :D

Not wanting to start a flame war. But you basically just said my idea is stupid and a waste of a post. No offence

You wasted your time saying that? You could have spent that valuable time breathing or thinking

Talk about late night trolling.

keymanu1
11-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Well put it this way, i can barely win Rock, paper, scissors; let alone a duel. The AI are crazy skilled, also i have no idea what cards are good so i don't know what cards i should have in my deck.
Is there any certain type of card i could go for or something?!

:)

Bleeding Star
11-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Late night trolling at 5pm? Whatever you say

Creating a topic specifically for bitching will just encourage it, fair enough if the whole 1st page was full of bitching topics then I could understand merging them all into one

But where there are 2 topics (and one isnt really bitching at all) why the hell do we need an "Official" one?

ProtoEXE28
11-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I thought that I had made the game harder by buying the game (won my first duel in the Trial, bought it, and then it got retardedly hard).

I've only come close to winning since that one victory once, and I was skilled as hell at this game back in 2006 (stopped mid-GX sets).

The fact there's only tournament mode too kind of blows, but that's what you get for $10...

JPX Brutality
11-03-2010, 05:29 PM
for the tournament you can literally quit at the point you're at if you're going to lose then restart from the same point you started the duel at. So, say I win the first one but on the second duel I'm about to lose. Quit out and then start single player again and there you go you have 1 win still and you can reface until you win. It looks as though this is possible for every stage of the tournament. You still get cards for losing, but winning gives you more and better cards. I suggest editing your deck often.

ChemicalxRachel
11-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Well, why don't everyone just get along, huh? Kay? Mkay! =). Anyway, yeah the AI are stupid hard, I haven't won a duel yet.

Maybe it doesn't help that I'm not used to 5d rules, I always seem to get caught by AI pulling out syncro summon guys, however you spell that word. I'm learning, and doing better and better with each duel. I keep getting close, but no cigar =(...at least I'm able to see the mistakes I made that could have won me the game.

For example, the last duel I just did I should have used my trap card to negate the spell card she put down, instead I used it on one of her other spell cards, and that right there cost me the game. Oh well, ya win some and ya lose some.

But...I guess I haven't really won some yet lmao. I'm going to do terrible in the tournament, I can tell. But, fingers crossed that I get better by then! Lol. All in good fun, eh?

andami
11-03-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm glad it wasn't just me getting their butt handed to them by the AI. I thought that maybe I had lost my skills :P

Snake Eyes1499
11-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh games need one main thing fixed and I know it would be hard to sort out but if you lay down cards like 'Rush Recklessly' or 'Dust Tornado' for example, nearly every step in the game (not just the phases) it will give you a message to use your card and it bugs me to the point I'm considering not to buy the game!

It's just so persistant I use the card out of spite to get rid of the constant messages and I know it's there to help but give me delayed time or something else because this just does my head in. </3

Gareth Dent
11-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh games need one main thing fixed and I know it would be hard to sort out but if you lay down cards like 'Rush Recklessly' or 'Dust Tornado' for example, nearly every step in the game (not just the phases) it will give you a message to use your card and it bugs me to the point I'm considering not to buy the game!

Agreed, specially when the starter deck contains alot of those kind of cards.
Scapegoat being most annoying tbf

KFZ Scrubs
11-03-2010, 06:47 PM
This is freaking insane... on the first move of the zombie guy, he summoned three monsters. on level 8 with 2600, a level 4 with 2000 and a weak 1000 monster... but it was all on his first move.
These guys are god's sometimes, no lie.
All in all.. the Ai is pretty damn brootal

shadowkid717
11-03-2010, 07:03 PM
The one-sided-ness in the game is overwhelming. Not to mention you don't start with any good cards, and it's a pain to earn any. Another thing that's really pissing me off is that the ban list isn't even correct, I mean really? 3 Dark Strike Fighters? WTF Konami? Hopefully Konami will actually come out with support and an update for this within the week, because we all know what's going down next Tuesday.

~shadow

JamesIsBroken
11-03-2010, 07:10 PM
i won 2 of the first 3 battles so far but this last one is sooooo hard. keeps putting my card out of play

Mr Waggy
11-03-2010, 08:08 PM
The guy who can remove cards from play with every single card he has and uses it to restore life points and power up a 0 ATK 0 DEF monster needs to die.

JPX Brutality
11-03-2010, 10:10 PM
is anyone else confused by the fact that the only way to unlock cards is to win the ridiculously hard single player? I've beaten the first tourney and beat Yusei and I still don't have that good of a deck.(at least I can syncro summon now though)

xEmoRangerx
11-03-2010, 10:23 PM
What the hell is wrong with everyone having the same deck that removes card from play, necroface and soul absorption are a pain in the ass

xFortyseven
11-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Why does all opponents play Solemn Judgment? It's getting old..

KFZ Scrubs
11-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Why does all opponents play Solemn Judgment? It's getting old..
Half their lifepoints is pretty sweet though... specially if they're starting out at 8k.

xEmoRangerx
11-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Yusei is a lucky guy, lost to him and both of the times he was left with 400 LP, and i dont even know how he found that i had Des Koala set, the little f*cker had to summon a weak monster.

Mr Waggy
11-03-2010, 11:32 PM
This game is stupidly hard to even win a match. I've only won a few games (usually very cheaply).

I did just unlock Obelisk the Tormentor though. :D

Mr Waggy
11-04-2010, 03:56 AM
The final fight: A monster with 5000 attack? Blue Eyes and Red Eyes coming out of his ears? Just what the hell are you supposed to do at this point? You can't earn any more cards without purposely failing the tournament and fighting through the earlier rounds all over again.

KFZ Scrubs
11-04-2010, 04:08 AM
The final fight: A monster with 5000 attack? Blue Eyes and Red Eyes coming out of his ears? Just what the hell are you supposed to do at this point? You can't earn any more cards without purposely failing the tournament and fighting through the earlier rounds all over again.
You talking about with Jack or Yusei?
You just got to be prepared for them and assume they're always going to bring out something big (of course luck has a lot to do with it as well). I basically had a bunch of trap cards to kill off his big monsters early handy and also some monsters to attack his LP directly combined with swords of revealing light.

KillerBEA
11-04-2010, 10:05 AM
I do believe the dice rolling is rigged, during the prelims one of my opponetts had Zorc and every roll was a 3 so i kept losing my defenses. :(

DeeJayMark
11-04-2010, 11:34 AM

It's just so persistant I use the card out of spite to get rid of the constant messages and I know it's there to help but give me delayed time or something else because this just does my head in. </3

Like the DS game, if you hold down the :bbut: button, it wont ask you anything, but be careful cuz if you hold it down to long and the opponent enters battle phase, you wont be able to activate trap for the first attack.

DeeJayMark
11-04-2010, 11:36 AM
I do believe the dice rolling is rigged, during the prelims one of my opponetts had Zorc and every roll was a 3 so i kept losing my defenses. :(

Naaaah, when my opponent put out Zorc, he used his effect and rolled a 6 on the first roll destroying himself and the 2 other monsters he had clearing the field for me :) Happened to me twice

hydrosugar
11-04-2010, 12:03 PM
after all this i feel great that i won my first duel in the trial...but lost my next 2(came close in both but no cigar)

i did win all three paper rock scissors though(and i picked a diffrent move for the three matches winning all of them)

KillerBEA
11-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Naaaah, when my opponent put out Zorc, he used his effect and rolled a 6 on the first roll destroying himself and the 2 other monsters he had clearing the field for me :) Happened to me twice
It must be my game then. cause 8 3's in a row ain't natural

TheMullofKintyre
11-04-2010, 01:29 PM
i know that.

sVx Shadow
11-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Kind of a complaint/question

Why can't I summon Turbo Warrior(needs "Turbo Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters) when i have face up on my field Turbo Synchron and other cards that add up to more than enough?

shadowkid717
11-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Kind of a complaint/question

Why can't I summon Turbo Warrior(needs "Turbo Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters) when i have face up on my field Turbo Synchron and other cards that add up to more than enough?

Synchro Summoning requires you to have the correct Tuner (if specified) and a number of Non-Tuners whose levels add up to EXACTLY the level of the Synchro Monster, no more no less.

~shadow

sVx Shadow
11-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Synchro Summoning requires you to have the correct Tuner (if specified) and a number of Non-Tuners whose levels add up to EXACTLY the level of the Synchro Monster, no more no less.

~shadow

ok. didnt know it had to be exact. i thought it was like the tribute summons.

ChemicalxRachel
11-04-2010, 09:41 PM
I wish there were a more in-depth story mode. Like character customization and a in-game store to buy card packs that consist of cards already in the game.

Pretty much like the Nintendo DS game. I like the idea of creating your own duelist and not just using the pre-set.

That being said, I also wish there was more to the story. Now I haven't beaten it yet (since the AI are too dang hard), but from what I've heard its just the same thing.

Well, I guess it was just $10...so whatever. At least you get to duel and play your friends too =).

Phoenix BLK
11-05-2010, 05:45 AM
the ai are insane!

i can't get any good cards or if i do i can't use them.
my deck is horrible but i guess ill have to power through and hopefully catch a break...

i keep making the mistake of thinking its like magic:
destroy doesn't mean negate the spell and destroy it... the spell still works and then goes to the graveyard anyway... i just wasted a good trap card!

hydrosugar
11-05-2010, 06:38 AM
gah after playing the trial yesterday(and winning the first match) i bought the game today...and in my first match i was winning 6000lp to 200lp. but i was out of cards with none on the field. so i drew...f****g neos wtf - so i did nothing and ended my turn. but then the moron played a card that has us discard our hands and draw 5 cards, which was nice. but then she summened all these 2500atk monsters out of nowhere and finidshed me off before i could use them.

and whats insult to injury was the cards i got
one that let me draw one card at the cost of 1000lp, and a fusion monster that needed dark fusion AND monsters i dont have

anyway im gonna persevere, yet to tribute summon a monster:mad:

joeymadman
11-05-2010, 03:17 PM
I hate Crow's blackwing deck -_- with the cards I've got, it's hard to counter a swarm deck like his, though I think I managed to beat him after some trial and error.

OmegaXP
11-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Crow, and Aki are damn near impossible to beat with the starter deck (Hell, even an Altered Deck barely stands a chance). Yusei was a pushover though <_<, first duel he summoned 3 Turbo Warriors 3 turns in a row, each bit the dust right after getting summoned. Then i just slowly wailed away at him. In the second duel, he pulled a Turbo Warrior with like 7500 attack, so i just Magic Cylinder'd it XD.

Though, i heard Jack was insane. (Some of the other random AI's are too, especially Kuwabara and Yuma and Nelly).

Only thing that pisses me off about this game is how hard it is to earn the cards you actually want, 50ish duels and i STILL dont have a single god damn Non-Fusion E-Hero card. (I have all the friggin Fusions excluding the newer ones, but none of the regulars)

jonesat
11-05-2010, 08:03 PM
i agree, the started deck is so shit that you only win from luck!! they failed on that haaard

iHeartSlampigs
11-05-2010, 10:26 PM
What this game needs is a better way to get the cards you want..besides having to purchase them later for msp. I have played countless matches just to get the cards I want and I get a ton of ones I don't even need..However I did get Obelisk..Though I have never gotten a chance to use him. =(

KillerBEA
11-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Crow, and Aki are damn near impossible to beat with the starter deck (Hell, even an Altered Deck barely stands a chance). Yusei was a pushover though <_<, first duel he summoned 3 Turbo Warriors 3 turns in a row, each bit the dust right after getting summoned. Then i just slowly wailed away at him. In the second duel, he pulled a Turbo Warrior with like 7500 attack, so i just Magic Cylinder'd it XD.

Though, i heard Jack was insane. (Some of the other random AI's are too, especially Kuwabara and Yuma and Nelly).

Only thing that pisses me off about this game is how hard it is to earn the cards you actually want, 50ish duels and i STILL dont have a single god damn Non-Fusion E-Hero card. (I have all the friggin Fusions excluding the newer ones, but none of the regulars)

I had little problem with Jack; once I figured out the hole in his strategy he has little to go with. Keep future fusion from ever happening and your fine for the most part.

i agree, the started deck is so shit that you only win from luck!! they failed on that haaard

It has some incredible cards though, like heavy storm and magic cylinder. Once you start taking out the dead weight cards like alien dog and elemental hero neos the deck gets easier to use.

What this game needs is a better way to get the cards you want..besides having to purchase them later for msp. I have played countless matches just to get the cards I want and I get a ton of ones I don't even need..However I did get Obelisk..Though I have never gotten a chance to use him. =(The idea behind the game is play until you get what you want. I have been really lucky so far almost every win has dropped incredible cards on me Jinzo and yubel for example

sVx Shadow
11-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Its stupid that if someone quits from a game you dont get the victory. The same thing happened in Magic: The Gathering. Hope this gets fixed soon.

xfatboi904x
11-06-2010, 04:21 AM
Its stupid that if someone quits from a game you dont get the victory. The same thing happened in Magic: The Gathering. Hope this gets fixed soon.
i totally agree

LocustDawn
11-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Put simply: the difficulty level is fucked as there isn't one, nor is the game easier at the start.

hydrosugar
11-06-2010, 12:29 PM

~shadow

aww man that sucks i can summon my fairy dragon easy but not my lv 8 one

hydrosugar
11-06-2010, 12:33 PM
I had little problem with Jack; once I figured out the hole in his strategy he has little to go with. Keep future fusion from ever happening and your fine for the most part.

It has some incredible cards though, like heavy storm and magic cylinder. Once you start taking out the dead weight cards like alien dog and elemental hero neos the deck gets easier to use.

The idea behind the game is play until you get what you want. I have been really lucky so far almost every win has dropped incredible cards on me Jinzo and yubel for example

yubel is not good it says here they have to attack you for them to lose life points. and its summon requirements and keeping it there...it does nothing. i got it early. but i would trade it in a heartbeat and then some for jinzo. i dont have a god card but i probably want jinzo more

EDIT: actually on the topic about bitching this game. everyone has a structured themed deck that allows them to do very annoying and sometimes insane things. no matter how much you play there is almost no way you can have a themed deck up to the standard of anyone in this game. im not sure if ill ever make more than one deck, the game pretty much forces you to rely on the raw power of some cards, and even then your only allowed one copy of the good ones.

of course theres still room for outsmarting them. when i was versing hunter pace near the end he had 1025 lp(continuly using solemn judgement to stop my big moves) and i had 1300lp(he kept respawing the skull to deal me 1000lp everytime...even if i didnt kill it in the first place he found a way. he had five monsters(one of which with 2600, the rest were weaker.) i just had my fairy dragon in defence(2100atk, 3000def) anyway i was afraid he might find a way to finish me off soon, but then i got scapegoat. i placed it down, hoping the weaker monsters would switch to attack position to kill them...they did:) then the next turn i switched my dragon to attack, and attacked one of his monsters(the skull) who had 1000atk points. i win and he still had 4 monsters;)

see computers arent that bright, they just have insanely good decks

hydrosugar
11-06-2010, 01:47 PM
lol i just rememebered something else to bitch about
the crush card virus

they put the full power god cards in the game but i remember crush card being at lot stronger. its possible im wrong but i remember seeing the first series of the show. im pretty sure you didnt have to sacrifice a dark monster with less than 1000atk. plus i think it lasted for the rest of the duel not just 3 turns. well even after all that i still use it, but yeah

btw just then after beating jack in the first duel, i lost in the second. in the third duel i got him down to 350lp before getting mauled by his five mega dragons, with blue eyes being the weakest wtf. every turn he seems to summon a ridiculous amount of dragons.

also whats up with dust tornado. its supposed to be a trap card. in the second duel i used it to destroy gold sarcophagos(knowing he was gonna get future fusion). but i chained it, gold sarcophagos was destroyed, but its effect still aplied. this has happened to me before as well. i know theres some sort of prioty timeing thing going on but a trap card should do its job.

DeeJayMark
11-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Because dust tornado doesnt negate the "ACTIVATION" of the magic card.
You should have wait for him to play Future Fusion, then Dust Tornado Future Fusion because its a card that need to stay on the field in order to keep his Five Headed Dragon.

hydrosugar
11-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Because dust tornado doesnt negate the "ACTIVATION" of the magic card.
You should have wait for him to play Future Fusion, then Dust Tornado Future Fusion because its a card that need to stay on the field in order to keep his Five Headed Dragon.

lol thats a better idea, hopefully he wont destroy it by then. in the duel i won against him i just used magic jammer on the sarcophagous(lol i have no idea how to spell that word.

i wasnt aware future fusion had to stay there, gotta pay less attention to the army of dragons and more to the back zone...FOCUS:drunk

daz343
11-06-2010, 02:13 PM
something that annoys me is why they using a old ban list. i had a look and believe this is the ban list which comes from march 2009
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/March_2009_Lists

DeeJayMark
11-06-2010, 03:43 PM
something that annoys me is why they using a old ban list. i had a look and believe this is the ban list which comes from march 2009
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/March_2009_Lists

Ya i agree real 2 years bacl Ban list
Best Exemple: Dark Strike Fighter (BAN)
Goyo Guardian (Limited to 1)

and it goes on and on....

DeeJayMark
11-06-2010, 03:44 PM
lol thats a better idea, hopefully he wont destroy it by then. in the duel i won against him i just used magic jammer on the sarcophagous(lol i have no idea how to spell that word.

i wasnt aware future fusion had to stay there, gotta pay less attention to the army of dragons and more to the back zone...FOCUS:drunk

Ya because "Future Fusion" is treated as an "Equip Spell Card"
So destroying it mean no more FGD before or after he summoned it.

Jonjo
11-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Maybe it's just me but does the opponent's move not go so fast that you don't really understand what they just did and why you just end up losing all your monsters etc?

Maybe I'm just too used to the cartoons where everyone declares what they're doing.... :)

Difficulty of course is a factor too.

DeeJayMark
11-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Maybe I'm just too used to the cartoons where everyone declares what they're doing.... :)

Yeah like:

I used my spell card "Pot Of Greed" wich allows me to draw 2 cards.
(Like nobody knows what that does right ? :P)

Oh and please have an angry voice tone and yell when you activate a card..

... and now i activate... MY SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

The Destroyernatorer
11-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm sick of these synchro monsters. It feels like the game's broken sometimes.

For example, in one game on the AI's FIRST turn, they pulled off a string of moves which resulted in them having 3 synchro monsters on the field, all with 3000+ attack, factoring in effects and equips, I kid you not. I don't even have a card in my possession with that much attack, seeing as as the cards I keep getting are crap.

Things like this keep happening, and the only way to usually deal with it is via trap cards. However mine are kinda crappy, and the AI has loads of powerful counters.

It's an unfair game alright, and I suspect it's intentional, so when they release paid for packs everyone's desperate to buy them.

pandawalol
11-07-2010, 01:46 AM
I honestly didnt think the starter deck was that bad for a starter deck. I won every match pretty easily, havent fought Jack yet, but I just got the game.

I just threw out like 5 cards and replaced it with one card, great maju garzett, easily best card for fighting AIs. Why? AIs are retarded. All they do is a set combo, like Yusei, I beat him in a few turns, because he was dumb enough to kill off all his monsters and left me open to use Maju.

Second time I fought him I just brain controller his dragon and got Maju up to 5000 attack, lol. I dunno how I got him in my hand both times, but I feel like everytime the decks are dealt out, there is a way to win no matter what, just gotta know how to do it.

For example when I was going against that witch chick, I thought I was dead meat 400 LP against 700 LPs. Lucky I got a card to bring out a ground type with 1500 or less att/def (i forget which, probably def) and I already had skyscrapper in effect, so i brought out Elemental hero Wildheart to take out her monster, thank god, eh?

UK Dennis
11-07-2010, 01:58 AM
I'm sick of these synchro monsters. It feels like the game's broken sometimes.
For example, in one game on the AI's FIRST turn, they pulled off a string of moves which resulted in them having 3 synchro monsters on the field, all with 3000+ attack, factoring in effects and equips, I kid you not. I don't even have a card in my possession with that much attack, seeing as as the cards I keep getting are crap.

Things like this keep happening, and the only way to usually deal with it is via trap cards. However mine are kinda crappy, and the AI has loads of powerful counters.

Yeah, Synchro monsters are probably the worst thing that has been added to the new series. They are way to easy to summon, they should have restrictions. Such as:
tuner + 'a specific monster'
can only be summoned when a certain field spell is active

I could go on forever.

Nazka Asmodeus
11-07-2010, 04:00 AM
Yeah, Synchro monsters are probably the worst thing that has been added to the new series. They are way to easy to summon, they should have restrictions. Such as:

I could go on forever.

Most of them have restrictions, except Goyo Guardian, which in my opinion is waaaay too strong for a lvl 6! He should have been lvl 8 at the very least! Other than that, the most recent ban list partially solved some problems... like no Darkstrike Fighter allowed... but the game seem to use an old ban list... as a matter of fact, the whole game feels very old! Where are all the new monsters?? XD

Shorty11857
11-07-2010, 04:11 AM
Some of the people playing tag duels online are incredibly stupid, it's so annoying when you set up the field for your team mate and then they just...screw up completely.

hydrosugar
11-07-2010, 05:34 AM
well lokoing above im pissed off i dont have a goyo guardian yet.

also someone mind telling me what the hells going on with crow. at first he seemed just like jack, but a little weaker, so i got head and stayed ahead. first match win again. i tend to get ahead of these computers at the start, as i did, but in BOTH matches 2 and 3 when he was on less than 2000lp he got one of his monsters to gain like 5000atk points. not only that he somehow took it all out of my life points. 7700lp was the number i remeber. i have the general idea but can someone eleborate on how he stole the match from me twice with the exact same unbalanced crap at the end

EDIT:nm i just vs him again and beat him in 2 matches without dropping a life point(i think, if i did it wasnt much)

Phoenix BLK
11-07-2010, 10:54 AM
this game is rigged. i can still win matches but most of the time when i set up a combo and im just about to beat him, the ai picks up the one card that could stop me... this has happened alot!

there should be a rule on what you can summon. they start and on their first turn they summon a monster, get another one (with the first cards effect). summon a 3000 atk tuner, get another two monsters on the field with that cards effect, set some spell and trap cards, then use them and effects on the monsters to drain half my life points...

so my first turn i have 4000lp, and im up against 3 monsters with around 3000 atk each

i seem to get all the cards i don't want and theyre all mixed types. they need a better way to get the cards you want like themed starter decks or something. at least the list is out now so im not wasting time looking for cards that don't exist

The Destroyernatorer
11-07-2010, 12:24 PM

I could go on forever.

Definitely. When I was playing Yusei I couldn't get him to stop summoning his synchro monster. He just kept doing it, again and again. It wasn't that powerful, but coupled with his traps and things I couldn't find a way to keep destroying them. Eventually I won of course, on the third attempt -- with my first cool card (some Exodia thing which has 10 stars, can only be special summoned by removing all your monsters from the graveyard into your deck, and then every time you attack with it you have to put one monster from you hand or deck into your graveyard, and for each normal monster in the graveyard it gets 1000 attack... basically it's pretty neat!) :p

duelingk
11-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Synchro's did a very interesting thing for the metagame. It completely changed it, and sped up the game intensely. I have to say for alot of players this was a good thing. Change is fun and interesting. And complaints about specific synchros are invalid due to the fact this game uses a 2 year old ban list. Most of the issues anyone would have is already dealt with in current lists. You think synchros are bad? Wait till you start seeing pre-nerf blackwing/glad beast/lightsworn decks. They will trash everything you have, and they will rarely have to use synchros themselves.

For example: pre nerf I think lightsworns won about 60 to 70% of all tournaments, with glad beast and blackwing making up the other 20 to 30%. It was near impossible to see any other deck.

What makes no sense to me about this game is the fact some of the newest cards made it in, but the ban list is so old. It just unbalances everything completely.

Dragon Master
11-09-2010, 03:31 AM
The tops 3 most annoying thing about this game is that the ban list old, there a lot of cards missing, and single player too short.

giantsfan940
11-09-2010, 03:40 AM
What I'm about to says is not constructive in any fashion: THIS GAME IS TOO F***ING HARD! My win loss ratio has gotta be 1:30, the cards you get at the beginning are crap and the AI is relentless. Most games start out easy to help you build your skills, then once you've advanced enough and have earned more experience (i.e. cards) you'll be ready for some tougher opponents, but not this game, it beats your ass down the second you hit the start button. Now I like a fair challenge but it's like a you're 2 year old fighting Mike Tyson. Wonderful concept but the merciless AI (I can't tell you how many times that I was one turn away from winning and the AI drew the only card that could possibly save him, and went on to slaughter me.) and difficulty unlocking new cards really hurt this game, and my head.

Cronofuge
11-11-2010, 06:39 AM
I was fighting that plant bitch and she got a 2800 monster and a 1500 monster on the field on the first turn, I try to use a magic and it gets solemn judgemented, the next turn she attacks my facedown monster (with the 2800 monster) and I use sakaretsu armor, only to have the 2800 activate it's ability that lets it sacrifice a plant to negate a trap, magic, or effect. Instead of offering the other plant on the field (like a smart person) she tributes the 2800 (the one attacking), I swear the AI are weird. Needless to say I monster reborned it and won on my second turn (which is considered turn 4).

hydrosugar
11-11-2010, 07:29 AM
i dont see how people are losing more than winning. i dont even have a themed deck and im wiping the floor with them. sure akiza was difficult at the start i even made a thread about it but now its definately more than a 50% win rate. probably closer to 80%. the hardest would be crow then jack/akiza. yusei is an absolute joke in comparison.

duelingk
11-11-2010, 10:22 AM
i dont see how people are losing more than winning. i dont even have a themed deck and im wiping the floor with them. sure akiza was difficult at the start i even made a thread about it but now its definately more than a 50% win rate. probably closer to 80%. the hardest would be crow then jack/akiza. yusei is an absolute joke in comparison.

Not all of us are lucky in our card draws. Ive done tons of duels and still dont have enough decent cards to put something respectable together.

hydrosugar
11-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Not all of us are lucky in our card draws. Ive done tons of duels and still dont have enough decent cards to put something respectable together.

well i know for a fact im not lucky in my draws. thats why i dont beat around the bush with my deck. no monsters requiring tribute and no fusion/ritual monsters. other than the spells, any card i draw can protect me from attack in some way. 17 monsters, 10 spells and 13 traps make up my deck. if you dont trust your draws dont set up an eleborate deck but insted fill it to the brim with cards like nightmare wheel, negate attack and magic cylinder

it may not work all that well against an online jinzo user(havent been online though) but it works fine against AI

half of those monsters are tuners which usually adds up to 7 stars, in which case i frequently summon dark strike fighter. ive finished off duels so often using his ability after attacking with him and another monster;)

Kinky Buns
11-12-2010, 07:26 AM
What pisses me off is that I have well over 300 cards now and still have not received any spell/trap/card that lets me do fusions. So now I have all these fusion cards I can't use. Same as synchro summoning, they fucked that up too.

Oh yes and let's not forget how the AI always seems to get EXTREMELY lucky on everything. I had Jinzo and two other monsters with 2500+ attack out and one def monster with 2700 def that gives an effect where the opponent has to draw a card every turn no matter what. The AI was down to 1 card a turn in his hand so I had pretty much won guarenteed. He draws that stupid little effect monster that sends every monster on the field to the graveyard then on the next turn manages to synchro summon a monster with 3000 attack power and win.

The Destroyernatorer
11-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Another complaint I have is how unlucky a lot of my draws are.

I have a 50:50 split of monsters to spells/traps; 21:21, but in my last two games I drew 8 consecutive monsters at the start, and then 7 consecutive spell/traps in the other game. The odds of that happening as often as it does, seem pretty slim. I can't help but think the game just doesn't like me :/

Edge_hammer
11-12-2010, 01:38 PM
I accidently overwritten my game and had to start all over. The strange thing is, after beating some AI multiple times, I am not able to unlock their deck recipies.

duelingk
11-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Another complaint I have is how unlucky a lot of my draws are.

I have a 50:50 split of monsters to spells/traps; 21:21, but in my last two games I drew 8 consecutive monsters at the start, and then 7 consecutive spell/traps in the other game. The odds of that happening as often as it does, seem pretty slim. I can't help but think the game just doesn't like me :/

Happens to me all the time. I think the deck shuffling is broken.

I once had a deck with way too many monsters. I go online to duel someone and I get a hand full of magic and traps, when I had only about 12 of them in the deck...

The Destroyernatorer
11-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Happens to me all the time. I think the deck shuffling is broken.

I once had a deck with way too many monsters. I go online to duel someone and I get a hand full of magic and traps, when I had only about 12 of them in the deck...

In my last game I started by drawing all 5 of my level 5+ monsters. :mad:

I'm not even going to attempt to work out the odds of that happening.

SynysterChris
12-05-2010, 08:48 AM
The fucking grinding is just getting on my damn nerves and makes me want to just punch my T.V. when I get my thousandth Tribute to the Doomed/Swords/other limited shit I already have six billion of. It would have been nice for the programming to set it so that you don't get cards you already have the max of, unless they were planning on adding trading in the game. But I highly doubt that because they wouldn't have stopped the limit of cards in your inventory at 3. Even the limit 1/2 cards you can have 3 of WTF is up with that? It's I think I'm so damn obsessed with this game to get all the cards I need/want, it getting to the point where I don't want to play it anymore, but I just can't stop.

Other things that piss me off are Syncros, like why even bother with polymerization anymore. When I could just smash two or 3 cards together and not have to worry about using polymerization. It kind of ruined fusion in my eyes, as to why bother.

Also glad-beast/lightsworn/blackwing decks are just broken in this game, their ability to swarm the field and the limitless potential to counter everything is unreal. Though the AI can be stupid at times, but they are so damn lucky when your about to win they manage to pull some Yugi, shit out there ass everytime and comeback from the brink to win, which is BS. I feel like the AI say's Screw the Rules, I can cheat the system, and draw whatever card I need. Muhahahahaha

Mr Waggy
12-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Synchro monsters are flat out bullshit. Dark Strike Fighter can kiss my ass. That effect should be limited to once per turn.

Melon Bread
12-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Although true it does suck that you pretty much have to keep losing to get good cards. Since they give you cards based on points I just tried to score point in things that gave you hih points in other Yu-Gi-Oh! games until I got a solid deck. But besides that for 800 M$ it is not that bad, and you know later down the line they are going to be throwing out tons of cards/decks/recipes in DLC form.

Nazka Asmodeus
12-05-2010, 03:35 PM
The fucking grinding is just getting on my damn nerves and makes me want to just punch my T.V. when I get my thousandth Tribute to the Doomed/Swords/other limited shit I already have six billion of. It would have been nice for the programming to set it so that you don't get cards you already have the max of, unless they were planning on adding trading in the game. But I highly doubt that because they wouldn't have stopped the limit of cards in your inventory at 3. Even the limit 1/2 cards you can have 3 of WTF is up with that? It's I think I'm so damn obsessed with this game to get all the cards I need/want, it getting to the point where I don't want to play it anymore, but I just can't stop.

This is by far the worst grinding system (hell, make that the worst everything) in all yugioh games! Why doesn't Konami make one kick ass game that they could release multi-platform??

Other things that piss me off are Syncros, like why even bother with polymerization anymore. When I could just smash two or 3 cards together and not have to worry about using polymerization. It kind of ruined fusion in my eyes, as to why bother.

Well, most issues were dealt with the most recent ban list... which unfortunately wasn't integrated in the game!!! Again, good job Konami! XD But on constructive note, I found that some builds like elemental hero decks can be very effective at getting Polymerization, with cards like King of the Swamp and Elemental Hero Woodsman. Also Polymerization + Miracle Fusion = 2 powerful fusion monsters in one turn, which is very bad ass in my book... if you can them on the field before those unrestricted synchros destroy you...

Also glad-beast/lightsworn/blackwing decks are just broken in this game, their ability to swarm the field and the limitless potential to counter everything is unreal. Though the AI can be stupid at times, but they are so damn lucky when your about to win they manage to pull some Yugi, shit out there ass everytime and comeback from the brink to win, which is BS. I feel like the AI say's Screw the Rules, I can cheat the system, and draw whatever card I need. Muhahahahaha

Again, most issues with these decks were resolved in the form of the most recent ban list... like Rescue Cat was banned, so no more instant Test Tiger for glad-beasts decks... Black Whirlwind was limited to one, but in my book it should have been banned! As much as Blackwing - Gale the whirlwind.. man this card is just too powerful... For Lightsworn deck, they've limted Lumina and Charge of the light brigade...

Synchro monsters are flat out bullshit. Dark Strike Fighter can kiss my ass. That effect should be limited to once per turn.

Dark Strike Fighter has been banned for more than a year, so it shows how dated the ban list in the game is! Lame Konami, very lame!

Ok, I'm done bitching... for now! :p

DannyD
12-06-2010, 07:55 AM
I hate getting book of mooned 3 times in the first 2 DAM turns.. what are the odds

R4ndom Gren4de
12-18-2010, 01:40 AM
The AI is not that tough. It's actually really dumb. The AI does get harder when you get it's lifepoints down to 2000 or less. I remember one time, I was destroying an AI with 3 monsters on the field and the AI had no monsters. I had 8000 lifepoints and the AI had 1600 lifepoints. The AI pulls out a Swords of Revealing Light, a Lightning Vortex, and manages to pull off a Synchro summon in one turn. I'm like WTF?

But, this only happens rarely. I suggest using a Lightsworn deck because it's VERY cheap and you'll usually win the duel in a few turns.

Mr Waggy
12-18-2010, 10:33 AM
As much as Blackwing - Gale the whirlwind.. man this card is just too powerful..Yeah that card is ridiculous.

Anyone noticed a problem with the Fish Deck AI? For some reason she always activates that ability one of her cards has, that allows her to tribute one card to destroy another - even if it means destroying her own cards.

R4ndom Gren4de
12-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Yeah that card is ridiculous.

Anyone noticed a problem with the Fish Deck AI? For some reason she always activates that ability one of her cards has, that allows her to tribute one card to destroy another - even if it means destroying her own cards. The Ancient Gear Deck AI uses a card and next thing you know, he has 2 Ancient Gadyllion Dragons in the FIRST turn.

SynysterChris
12-19-2010, 04:37 PM
People saying the game is easy, ya the AI is not hard to beat by any means but a lot of the time they seem to pull of ridiculous shit out of their ass. Like literal YUGIOH TV show shit.

And I just hate Syncro's I don't use them and I think they are cheap as hell, makes having tribute monsters in your main deck pointless unless you run off them, and fusion monsters as well because you never need to have a poly in your hand to have to do mix something. Just my opinion though.

But yes I have like 970 unique cards and still no Poly, its bullshit. I just want my E Hero deck. ARrggggg...

Mr Waggy
12-19-2010, 04:49 PM
People saying the game is easy, ya the AI is not hard to beat by any means but a lot of the time they seem to pull of ridiculous shit out of their ass. Like literal YUGIOH TV show shit.

And I just hate Syncro's I don't use them and I think they are cheap as hell, makes having tribute monsters in your main deck pointless unless you run off them, and fusion monsters as well because you never need to have a poly in your hand to have to do mix something. Just my opinion though.

But yes I have like 970 unique cards and still no Poly, its bullshit. I just want my E Hero deck. ARrggggg...

The Evil Hero fusions are generally better anyway.

SynysterChris
12-19-2010, 04:55 PM
The Evil Hero fusions are generally better anyway.

Ya I guess, I have a Evil Hero deck but I think I prefer the Elemental Heros.

Mr Waggy
12-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Ya I guess, I have a Evil Hero deck but I think I prefer the Elemental Heros.

I use both together. Seems to work pretty well. :D

Pegasus Tenma
12-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Dragon decks have sooo much support, i dont see why dragon's mirror and REDMD are not yet limited maybe cuz they slow?, i used to run a cyber d/gadget machine deck back in the day then my cyber d and overload fusion got limited slap

H3LL_F1R3
12-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Couple of bitches about the insane AI:

Nelly can go die in a fire. Every card I use gets removed from play and he gains life points so often it's not funny. I think I lost to him once and he'd got up to 29,000 life points.

Also, I think her name's Rolo or something. Very first turn she puts out two spell cards that can deal 1000 direct damage for every standby phase passed since they were put out (Can't remember the name of the card). So basically I'm dead in 4 turns unless I can destroy them :/

And, the one that can summon a plant monster from the graveyard, tribute that to summon a monster with 2400 attack, and then somehow pull out a monster with 2600 attack, all in one turn. WTF?

XCinX
12-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Also, I think her name's Rolo or something. Very first turn she puts out two spell cards that can deal 1000 direct damage for every standby phase passed since they were put out (Can't remember the name of the card). So basically I'm dead in 4 turns unless I can destroy them :/

You're talking about the Wave-Motion Cannons. Yeah, those are a pain to deal with. Though, I shouldn't complain since I deck three of them. I've actually had a few games where I've gotten all three out on the first turn.

H3LL_F1R3
12-25-2010, 11:48 PM
You're talking about the Wave-Motion Cannons. Yeah, those are a pain to deal with. Though, I shouldn't complain since I deck three of them. I've actually had a few games where I've gotten all three out on the first turn.

Yea that's the one. I wouldn't mind so much online, because if you lose you lose and play someone else, but in a tournament, when you lose you either have to start again, or you quit out knowing you'll probably have to face the same bullshit again straight away!

Also, most likely mentioned before, the fact that if you have a spell card in your hand that can be activated at any time, it will ask you about 17 times per turn if you want to use it. I've lost count of the amount of times I've played a card just to stop it asking me if I want to play it over and over!

Shinkuu
12-28-2010, 02:01 PM
I was anticipating this game's release, expecting it to be the ultimate YGO video game. Was hoping for the online play of the DS games, the graphics of the PSP games, plus the ability to update and patch the game so it could theoretically last forever. Guess I had my hopes set too high...

I don't think the game's AI is a problem. I do think it sucks, though, that they all have these constructed theme decks and it's so hard for you to build your own. I seriously do not understand why they don't use the system they used for pretty much ALL previous YGO games... earn Duel Points, spend points to buy packs. The cards you got were random, but at least by selecting certain packs you could try to get the cards you wanted (like in real life!).

Also stinks you can't trade cards with friends... which is just compounded by the random card system.

I'm wondering why they made single player mode this tournament, and you can only play through it over and over again. Even the most basic of old YGO games would have a list of duelists and you could challenge individual ones to a single duel. A fleshed-out story mode would be a nice thing but not necessary... just wondering why they went with what they did.

And of course the card selection seems odd. Like others have mentioned, they have Skilled Dark Magician but no actual Dark Magician? I found the card list on GameFAQs and it listed Mystic Swordsman Lv 2 but not Lv 4 or 6?? Sasuke Samurai's already in there so I don't see why they would include the Level 2 but not 4 or 6...

Anyway... Lots of issues, but I'm still glad to finally have a YGO game for my 360... Hopefully it can get better?

applepie774
12-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I've pretty much gotten used to most of the flaws in this game but the disconnect notice that I always get when I host a match is really really annoying.

The Stray
04-01-2011, 12:12 AM
I hear what you guys are going through, and yes its a pain, I've also run into several occasions in which you guys had the same issues and tatics that I've also went up against, somtimes funny and sometimes pissed, but in the end, you get used to it.

PoMoGub
04-05-2011, 07:11 PM
I have to concur with everyone else in saying that syncho summons are absolute bullshit and are on the verge of ruining the game for me. It seems like I can't go one duel without the ai just pulling an overpowered synchro summon out of their ass with some broken effect that defeats everything I have. Synchros would be much more reasonable if they ALL required a specific tuner. That and if they had updated the game with the latest fucking banlist. Nice job there, Konami. What's worse is the game won't give me any tuners so I can't fight back. There should have been some sort of currency earned based on points that you could buy specific cards with.

/rant

aosiding
04-12-2011, 06:07 AM
Earlier tonight I played against Crow. Just when I was about to win he summons 5 monsters from an empty field, and out of nowhere thanks to one of the blackwing's effects, another blackwing gains roughly 11600 attack. Really?

rabidruffryder
04-12-2011, 08:20 AM
hahaha, yeah some times the AI are a challenge but thats good, its no fun when its to easy..........i have had my arse handed to me many times by i think its leo's morphonic deck..........i would prefer a nice selection of new cards, than a ban list.........though heavy storm is really annoying.