PDA

View Full Version : 5* Caught in a Mosh

GearsFan4Life
11-03-2010, 08:45 PM
This is probably the hardest song in the game for every instrument. And i was wondering if anyone has any helpful ideas for how to 5* Caught in a Mosh on Expert so i can get the Rock Band Immortal Achievement. I am decent at all instruments on Expert but I am by far the worst at Vocals. And I already counted Drums out of the question. I can only 4* the song on Expert Guitar and Bass. I just cant seem to get the strumming pattern down and I am using the RB2 Fender Guitar.

Any help would be appreciated!

spockroxfaces
11-03-2010, 09:12 PM
i down strummed the whole thing and didnt have an issue. the only things i can recommend are trying to alter your od usage and practicing down strumming and alt-strumming. good luck

Tee!
11-03-2010, 09:37 PM
I didn't find the Bass part to be nearly as challenging as the Guitar part, 5 starred it on a sightread and probably couldn't get anywhere near that for the other instruments without a lot of practice.

In short, Bass is going to be your closest shot to getting it.

However, if that seems to far out of the question, I just watched the drum part on Youtube and it really doesn't look too bad minus a few choke-points, which isn't an issue here because you aren't going for an FC. The patterns for the song are generally pretty basic, just at a much higher BPM than you're used to. With a practice what currently seems impossible WILL get easier but it's not gonna be a walk in the park =/

Lucent Beam
11-03-2010, 09:50 PM
I actually found it really easy on vocals. I guess since I had already sung it before in Smash Hits and knew how it went. If you're really that worried, I would practice on vocals because it requires (for me at least) by far the least effort.

RealistIdealist
11-03-2010, 10:06 PM
singing is the way to go, most of it is just talkie parts.

theshieguy
11-03-2010, 10:42 PM
I actually found it really easy on vocals. I guess since I had already sung it before in Smash Hits and knew how it went. If you're really that worried, I would practice on vocals because it requires (for me at least) by far the least effort.

singing is the way to go, most of it is just talkie parts.

What they said. :cool: And here's even better advice:

Skip practicing the song and just sing it with on No-fail mode turned on. It is a VERY easy song to sing. I FC'd it on a sightread without even trying and I don't even know the song THAT well. Play it as many times as you need to.

BadAssNipples
11-03-2010, 11:47 PM
I just 5* the song on vocals on my first try and I had only heard the song once before when I tried to play it on drums. The talkie parts will win it for you, just learn a couple of the vocal parts and use your overdrive wisely and you'll get it.

Spade422
11-04-2010, 01:53 AM
hardest song for all instruments my left nut.

its so easy on vocals its not even funny

but besides vocals i recommend guitar

Doominatorx6
11-04-2010, 02:47 AM
I 5*ed it on my guitar sightread. Its piss easy if you've ever played it in Smash Hits, the RB3 chart is way, WAY easier (except many of the notes ARENT hammer ons this time). I have yet to do less than a 5* on my expert songs played so far.

Vocals in it were mostly talky in SH, maybe they are here as well...

Maka
11-04-2010, 05:06 AM
Expert Vocals. Even for someone like me who is completely tone-deaf, I managed it on my second try. I sang twice before today.

The only thing I have left is Llama, any tips? I'm trying bass, on expert right now, and honestly, I got 4.95 stars, but can't manage to get up there again...

RealistIdealist
11-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Expert Vocals. Even for someone like me who is completely tone-deaf, I managed it on my second try. I sang twice before today.

The only thing I have left is Llama, any tips? I'm trying bass, on expert right now, and honestly, I got 4.95 stars, but can't manage to get up there again...

Also a very easy song to do on vocals. Don't let the fast words intimidate you. I got 100% the first time I tried it (I had practiced for a bit though).

Panda
11-04-2010, 03:31 PM
I 5*ed Llama. I didn't think there was a harder song in the game. I'll try Mosh in a sec and reply with what I find o.o.