PDA

View Full Version : Make something Fireproof? How?

BrassBallz
11-04-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm LV10 in Handiness and I have no option to make the stove or fireplace "fireproof" though the game is asking me to do it. How?

oO Renf Oo
11-04-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm LV10 in Handiness and I have no option to make the stove or fireplace "fireproof" though the game is asking me to do it. How?

I only had to get to handiness Lv3 and it unlocked the fire-proof & self-cleaning upgrade options... =/

Have you tried a variety of stoves?!...

RexDarr
11-04-2010, 11:03 PM
What are your traits? Maybe a handyman trait is there? (I havent checked)

oO Renf Oo
11-05-2010, 12:05 AM
What are your traits? Maybe a handyman trait is there? (I havent checked)

There is trait regarding to the handiness skill...However, I didn't take it so it doesn't explain my unlocking of the options!...

My traits are: Bookworm, Friendly, Computer Whizz, Genius & Artistic

And no, I didn't base it on my own traits...Lol...Only way i could get the professional author Lifetime Wish i wanted... =P

lijnloos
11-05-2010, 07:09 AM
I think you need a "bad or cheap" stove for this to work, I'm on lvl 6 or so and have the Fireproof-option on mine. But I did notice that now that I have a new stove, that option is not there anymore...

oO Renf Oo
11-05-2010, 01:22 PM
I think you need a "bad or cheap" stove for this to work, I'm on lvl 6 or so and have the Fireproof-option on mine. But I did notice that now that I have a new stove, that option is not there anymore...

I have the 2nd most expensive stove...The "Tri-Stove" or whatever, The one that helps you learn to cook faster...So again...I dunno if that's the problem... =/

xxx Mini Miii xxx
11-05-2010, 02:06 PM
You need to get all the upgrades below the fireproof before you can upgrade it to fireproof. Also you have to be in a good mood- if your sim needs to pee they won't do it.

BrassBallz
11-07-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm LV10 Handiness and I've made all the Self-Cleaning upgrades. Using the Festus stove.

J4ckyb0y1
11-19-2010, 06:09 AM
You need to get all the upgrades below the fireproof before you can upgrade it to fireproof.

Not true.

Buy a cheap stove and you can fireproof it. No traits required. Just have your handiness skill up to 4 for stoves or 6 for a fireplace.