PDA

View Full Version : Worth Buying???

traaped_under_ice
11-04-2010, 09:28 PM
i love yugioh and i've been waiting for this game with so much excitement but i've been reading that the game is not that good???
ive played the demo and i liked it, finally a decent yugioh online game i tought
i want to get it for the online
but people here says it sucks because people quit very often

so it is worth buying?? :S

ChemicalxRachel
11-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Its up to you, personal preference. Really, you should read the other threads because this has been discussed.

But, beyond that I find it a fun game. I haven't played much of the online, I'm building my deck. But if you have friends to play with, I'd say get it. I have friends that I can duel with, so I'm not worried too much about getting disconnected.

I'd say if you're looking for online play, look for some of your xbox live friends that have the game or are getting it. But I'm having fun with the single player mode so far.

traaped_under_ice
11-04-2010, 10:02 PM
ive made up my mind
ill get it right now XD
thank you for your comment

adriano28
11-04-2010, 10:21 PM
while on the topic, can i just ask if there is any more to the single player besides 1 tournament?

RunninManJ
11-05-2010, 12:01 AM
while on the topic, can i just ask if there is any more to the single player besides 1 tournament?

No there is not. The first part is a preliminary tournament of 3 matches to get to the main tournament. The main part consists of an 8 player bracket style best of 3 match. You have to play the single player at least twice to get both achievements

JamesStitches
11-05-2010, 10:59 AM
I think it's great for it's price. If you like the trail then go for it :)

The Destroyernatorer
11-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Assuming you're very familiar with the trading card game, and you have the patience to grind out matches to get a good deck, then it's worth it.

The single player mode is very thin, but the online options are great.

However it's quite a slow and tedious process getting cards as the only way is to keep playing the AI. You usually only get cards when you win too (occasionally you'll get one or two if you lose), and I still haven't got any really good ones. The AI will have specific decks though, with good cards and strategies. Some are easy to overcome, others are kind of unfairly powerful -- these tuner decks are crazy (I've had some AI characters spawning waves of powerful monsters in a row, whilst I've got nothing powerful enough to compete).

In short... it's the only Yu-gi-oh offering on the xbox. If you've been waiting for a yu-gi-oh game for a while, or just really want one on the 360, then for 800 msp it's worth it, yes. Just about.

Nazka Asmodeus
11-06-2010, 09:13 AM
It's Yugioh, so it's stays a deep strategy game, but for a 10$ arcade game, don't expect a lot of content. There's about 30 AI opponents to go against, each with their deck type and about 1000 cards in the game as of today. Compared to the DS and PSP games with their 150+ opponents/deck type and 4000+ cards, this game feels really gimped, but hey it's only 10$, and it allows you to play on a TV screen, which is a big plus for me! I hate playing on portable consoles...