PDA

View Full Version : List of Songs Helpful For Getting the 'HOPO-cidal Maniac' Achievement (WiP)

Steadysphere
11-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Please note this is work in progress. I do have a lot of DLC, and I'll add any songs I come across, but I can't remember every song with a lot of HO/POs, so rather than ranting at me to fix this, please just help me by informing me politely.

What is the HOPO-Cidal Maniac Achievement?
This achievement worth 25 gamerscore is for hitting a whopping 53,596 Hammer-ons and Pulloffs. You must not strum them for them to count, and it must be on guitar. Obviously this is a lot of work, but you can cut down some of your time by playing these songs, which have moderate to heavy use of HOPOs.

If a song is green like this, it is fairly easy even for players of lower skill.

If a song is orange like this, it means that a skilled player shouldn't break a sweat but if you are new to this game you may have trouble.

If a song is red like this, it means that you should take caution with these songs if you are an average player as they are difficult to even pass.

RB3 Songs
Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Break on Through (To the Other Side)
In The Meantime
Crosstown Traffic
Saturday's Alright For Fighting
Something Bigger, Something Brighter
Freebird
Rainbow in the Dark
Before I Forget
25 or 6 to 4
Jerry Was a Race Car Driver

DLC (Price)
Laid to Rest (160msp)
Chiron (160msp)
Less Talk More Rokk (80msp)
The Metal (160msp)
Bulletproof (160msp)
Inside the Fire (160msp)
Woman (160msp)
Hallowed Be Thy Name (160msp)
Love Spreads (160msp)
Guns of Summer (160msp)
Satch boogie (160msp)
Joker and the Thief (160msp)
YYZ (160msp)
Tha Shnizit (160msp)
Levitate (160msp)
Caprici Di Diablo (160msp)
Rude Mood (160msp)
Hanger 18 (160msp)
China Cat Sunflower (160msp)
My Last Words (160msp)
My Name is Jonas (160msp)
Blue Sky (160msp)
The Way that it Shows (160msp)
Synchronicity II (160msp)
Tuesday's Gone (160msp)
Godzilla (160msp)
Are You Dead Yet (160msp)
Waking the Demon (160msp)
Nightmare (A7X) (160msp)
Another Way to Die (160msp)
Aesthetics of Hate (160msp)
Hysteria (160msp)
Afterlife (160msp)
Lucretia (160msp)
The Entertainer (160msp)
Sweet Home Alabama (160msp)
Sleepwalker (160msp)
She's always a Woman (160msp)
Through the Fire and the Flames (160msp)
Check My Brain (160msp)
Landslide (160msp)
Made of Scars (160msp)
Gasoline (160msp)
Tweezer (160msp)
Stash (160msp)
Burn It To the Ground (160msp)
Walk (Pantera) (160msp)
Black (160msp)
Even Flow (160msp)
Do You Feel Like We Do (160msp)
Rattlesnake Shake (bordering on Red) (160msp)
Unholy Confessions (160msp)
Welcome to the Family (160msp)
Hypnotize (160msp)
Aerials (160msp)
Two Weeks (160msp)
The Trooper (160msp)
Giddy on Up (160msp)
Writing on the Walls (160msp)

RB2
Bodhisttva
Painkiller
Panic Attack
Alabama Getaway
Spirit in the Sky
Alive
Ramblin' Man
Shackler's Revenge

RB2 Free 20
Prequel to the Sequel
Like a Fool
I Wanna Be Your Man
Ashes to Fire

RB1
Green Grass and High Tides
Flirtin' With Disaster
Outside
Vasoline
Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld

Lego Rock Band
Dig
Grace

Rock Band Network (Price)
Push Push (Lady Lightning) (80msp)
Persistence of Vision (80msp)
Tripolette (160msp)
Laceration (80msp)
Modern Mathematics (80msp)
Guitar Sound
Guitars Sucks (160msp)
Betty and Me (160msp)
Special Effects (80msp)
We Collide (beginners may need no-fail for the intro) (160msp)
Dogs can Grow Beards All Over (160msp)
A Christmas Rock Medley (80msp)
Cameleon Carneval (160msp)
Veil of Illumination (Part 1) (160msp)
Veil of Illumination (Part 2) (160msp)
For The Love of God (160msp)
Hangman (80msp)
Obfusication (160msp)
Dreamchaser (160msp)
Henchman Ride (160msp)

Jester0700
11-04-2010, 10:43 PM
"The Metal" and "Bulletproof" are good ones to.

blurbia
11-05-2010, 01:32 AM
Yeah "The Metal", "Inside the Fire", and "Woman"

A CATSHOVEL
11-05-2010, 03:15 AM
I'm not sure how much effort it would take, but it would be cool if you could add the song length to HOPO ratio for songs. I think "Hallowed Be Thy Name (Live)" by Iron Maiden has quite a few.

Steadysphere
11-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the suggestion guys, added them to the list. I haven't got time to work on it now, because I'm off to school in a few, but I'll get to work on adding ratios. I assume this is the kind of thing you mean...

GGaHT with a ratio of 11 (length) to about 8 (lots of hammer-ons in both of it's epic solos). I'd write it like this

11:8

psymatiq
11-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Just play the game... got like 45 k atm and havent even focused on the cheevie.

Monstor
11-05-2010, 08:17 AM

You come on an a website about achievements and say that.

Llama by Phish
Rainbow in the Dark by Dio

BigApple3AM
11-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Bang Camaro - Push Push (Lady Lightning) 80 points

Tons of HOPOs, pretty easy to play on hard, and can be used for "Shameless Self-Promotion" cheeve.

psymatiq
11-05-2010, 08:31 AM
You come on an a website about achievements and say that.

Llama by Phish
Rainbow in the Dark by Dio

cause ived focused on everything else and just came back to watch how far the hopo was and it was at 45 k. A full song of less talk more rokk gave me around 1 k ish hopos btw.. something close to that when i got 99% notes hit.

Hopo songs

Love spreads - DLC
Persistence of vision - RBN
Prequel to the Sequel - 20 FREE DLC
Tripolette - RBN
Guns of Summer - DLC
Satch boogie - DLC
Laceration - RBN

Shelton
11-05-2010, 08:47 AM
GGaHT with a ratio of 11 (length) to about 8 (lots of hammer-ons in both of it's epic solos). I'd write it like this

11:8 Just say how long the song is and how many hammer-ons/pull-offs there are in the song. I'm sure people will be able to figure out the average amount per minute, based on those figures. Unless they failed basic math...

Shaynringan
11-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Does using the tiny buttons to play hopo in solos count as "not strumming"?

LeakyBung
11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
DLC Hysteria by Muse 160msp. A lot of HOPO's in this song, especially on bass. I would venture to guess somewhere around 800 notes.

AlmightyZing
11-05-2010, 05:49 PM
DLC Hysteria by Muse 160msp. A lot of HOPO's in this song, especially on bass. I would venture to guess somewhere around 800 notes.

hitting about 95% on bass gives you about 600 so that estimate isn't too far off. this is what i'll be doing to get mine.

Steadysphere
11-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Hysteria on bass would be good, but it's under guitar goals so as far as I'm aware it can only be done on guitar. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I have no clue if hammer-ons count if you use the solo buttons, I'm gonna research it and let you know.

As for the average ratio, it would be quite difficult to do if I have to count every hammer-on in a song because some of these songs I may not actually own, so how would i count it if I don't own it?

Have added all the suggestions above to this list.

Jester0700
11-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Another good song for the achievment is "Joker and the thief." If your a skilled expert player then its a good pick, but it could be a challange at the first playthrough or two.

LeakyBung
11-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Some more songs for guitar are:

RB2 Bodhisattva - Steely Dan
RB2 Pain Killer - Judas Preist

DLC YYZ - Rush

Steadysphere
11-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Added the last three suggestions, and also added a colour code system to the list which ranks them on difficulty. See OP for details. Also can someone inform me what Laceration is like on guitar? I don't have that song myself.

Monstor
11-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Here are a couple other good ones, I'll use your color system too!

Modern Mathematics - Terrorhorse RBN
Tha Shiznit - Snoop Dogg

Spade422
11-06-2010, 07:00 AM
if you are really good (were talking like best of the best) and want to get this fast:

- Caprici Di Diablo (DLC - Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force)
- Rude Mood (DLC - Stevie Ray Vaughn)
- Hangar 18 (DLC - Megadeth)

i recommend no fail for any of these

Didi Mau
11-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm not sure how much effort it would take, but it would be cool if you could add the song length to HOPO ratio for songs. I think "Hallowed Be Thy Name (Live)" by Iron Maiden has quite a few.

"Chiron" is 4:24 and gives an average of 800 HOPO's per run, though that's the only one I know specifically. I think it's safe to say that Less Talk More Rokk is the best song for this, as it's 4:59 and has about 1,000 HOPO's per run with an easy pattern for the fingers to play (it's also very cheap to buy at 80msp).

Random things to add from my experience with the achievement; I got 20,000 HOPO's from doing all the individual guitar goals and the Endless Setlist III, so you may as well do them first if you're a completionist. The achievement itself is actually very easy to get if you decide to grind the songs, playing a strong HOPO-based chart can get you the achievement in under six hours if you start from scratch and under 3.5 hours if you get the other guitar goals done before grinding. I relate it to the 10,000 scratches/5,000 crossfades in DJ Hero, it's a lot less daunting than it sounds.

Not everyone enjoys playing the guitar, I certainly don't even though I'm well above average at it. I'll never have as much fun flailing fingers as I do hitting the crap out of my drums, so it's nice to just get these achievements out of the way fast.

Steadysphere
11-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Added caprici, rude and hanger 18 to the list, and I also played levitate by I mother earth (metal pack exclusive) and that had quite a lot of hammer-ons in it, not too hard to play either though not as easy as Tears for Fears.

SebastianSB
11-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Hysteria on bass would be good, but it's under guitar goals so as far as I'm aware it can only be done on guitar. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Definitely true. You can't do any goals on the wrong instrument.

hartlesdalegend
11-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Alabama getaway from RB2 has quite a few also and its very easy and quite short.

Falk3r
11-06-2010, 04:17 PM
This list REALLY needs total song length and total possible HOPO's, otherwise it's just a bunch of speculation as far as I'm concerned.

SebastianSB
11-06-2010, 05:05 PM
This list REALLY needs total song length and total possible HOPO's, otherwise it's just a bunch of speculation as far as I'm concerned.

I hereby volunteer you to watch every single guitar chart on the list and count every single one of the thousands of HO/POs yourself.

Personally, I'm just going to play them all (that I have) and see how close I am by then.

A CATSHOVEL
11-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Rock Band 3 Disc Songs:
Break On Through (To the Otherside): 152, 2:29
In the Meantime: 196 HOPOs, 5:05
Crosstown Traffic: 165 HOPOs, 2:27
Something Bigger, Something Brighter: 717 HOPOs, 5:19

DLC:
Inside the Fire: ~ 530 - 550, 3:50
Hallowed Be Thy Name: ~850, 7:52

SebastianSB
11-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I hit 797 HOPOs in Hallowed Be Thy Name; I'd estimate that it has around 850 total. I'm not sure about the Live version, but the studio version of the song is 7:12 (I'm assuming that the Live version is longer). It definitely isn't the most efficient song, but it is fun. You can probably delete it if the list gets too long.

You can view the length of any song in Rock Band 3 by hitting the additional details button. (yellow on guitar)

A CATSHOVEL
11-06-2010, 06:16 PM
You can view the length of any song in Rock Band 3 by hitting the additional details button. (yellow on guitar)
Oh, really?

Spade422
11-06-2010, 10:05 PM
song: everybody wants to rule the world
song length: 251 seconds
possible HOPOs on expert: 312
average HOPOs hit per second: 1.243

song: break on through to the other side
song length: 147 seconds
possible HOPOs on expert: 151
average HOPOs hit per second: 1.027

song: in the meantime
song length: 298 seconds
possible HOPOs on expert: 191
average HOPOs hit per second: 0.641

song: crosstown traffic
song length: 146 seconds
possible HOPOs on expert: 157
average HOPOs hit per second: 1.075

song: saturday night's alright for fighting
song length: 305 seconds
possible HOPOs on expert: need link for guitar chart
average HOPOs hit per second: need link for guitar chart

song: something bigger, something brighter
song length: 315
possible HOPOs on expert: 671
average HOPOs hit per second: 2.130

song: freebird
song length: 578 seconds
possible HOPOs on expert: 1169
average HOPOs hit per second: 2.022

song: llama
song length: 212 seconds
possible HOPOs on expert: 226
average HOPOs hit per second: 1.066

song: rainbow in the dark
song length: 255 seconds
possible HOPOs on expert: 683
average HOPOs hit per second: 2.678

NOTES:
- this was manually counted, so there may be SLIGHT errors
- i did not base time on the in game information, so it might be slightly off
- just because an average HOPO p/s count is higher does not mean its a better song for the achievement.

Steadysphere
11-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Firstly, thanks to the guys who have started to work on the ratios for these songs. I appreciate it greatly ;)

I will work on these myself, but obviously it's gonna take some work. I'm not going to be adding adding any more songs to the list until I can get on top of adding the ratios so give it some time. Any help in this will be appreciated. Speaking of which, can anyone help me with the ratios for 'Modern Mathmatics' and 'Tha Shnizit' as I do not own either of those songs? Thanks in advance.

simmias
11-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Less Talk More Rokk has about 1120 HOPOs on expert, is 5:04 (3.68 HOPO/second!), and is awesome. If you played GH2 (who didn't?), you're already good enough at it to get at least 1000 each run through.

YouTube - less talk more rokk - Music Video (!)

YouTube - Less Talk More Rokk - Freezepop - Rock Band 2 Expert Guitar 100% FC - 100% FC video

DJ Satan UK
11-07-2010, 06:21 PM
What about those of us who don't play on expert?

A lot of these songs mentioned (Like Everybody Wants to Rule The World) don't have any HOPOs on Medium.

I can recommend Green Grass and High Tides from RB1 which has about 250.
Last by NIN also has quite a few. (DLC)

Didi Mau
11-07-2010, 07:29 PM
What about those of us who don't play on expert?

A lot of these songs mentioned (Like Everybody Wants to Rule The World) don't have any HOPOs on Medium.

I can recommend Green Grass and High Tides from RB1 which has about 250.
Last by NIN also has quite a few. (DLC)

If you're playing on Medium I really doubt there's an efficient time-saving method of getting this achievement. For the "85% guitar solos" achievement I took Rainbow In The Dark and Crazy Train down to Hard difficulty, and they had next to no HOPO's even though they're filled with them on Expert and I only went one difficulty down.

If Green Grass has approx 250 HOPO'S it'll take over 200 runs to get the 53k, you're looking at 36 hours worth of grinding doing that. I'd imagine it'd be more efficient just playing the songs you enjoy on Medium and improving passively, maybe throwing GG&HT into a setlist once a day to make some progress.

SebastianSB
11-07-2010, 07:34 PM
250 in GGaHT? That doesn't sound accurate at all. It's a massive song with huge solos packed with HO/POs. The weaves and triplets at the very end should take it well over 250 on their own, and they only make up about 30 seconds of the song!

Granted, I'm not about to count them.

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I just realized you're not talking about expert. Reading comprehension fail.

LobsterCat
11-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Ok well i just played "hey man nice shot" on bass and it has a bunch of HOPO's. the chorus is all hopo's and even the other parts have a few hopos too. its not overly hard song either on expert bass, so thats a good one.

Also, the Metallica pack 1, those 3 songs are hard as balls but they have alot of hopo's in the solos if your good. i played on expert no fail mode and i got a few lol.

Spade422
11-08-2010, 12:42 AM
name: caprici di diablo
song length: 269 seconds (4:29 minutes)
possible HOPOs on expert: 1828
average HOPOs hit per second: 6.796

not that this song is the best choice, but i dare anybody to find a song with a higher HOPO ratio than this monster. give me the guitar chart and i will find the ratio.

edit: also, adding on to this:

IF this song has the highest HOPO ratio in the game AND it takes a total of 20 seconds (average) to restart the song, you COULD POSSIBLY get this achievement in 2 hours 25 minutes.

MooTrain
11-08-2010, 02:27 AM
Check China Cat Sunflower by The Grateful Dead
YouTube - China Cat Sunflower FC (Rock Band Expert Guitar)

It's a fairly easy song. I used it to get accustomed to HO/POs.

Creed Braton
11-08-2010, 07:07 AM
somdthing bigger, something brighter I feel like is the best because its slowish and has a TON of ho/po but are spaced enough so its hard to miss them. I can play on expert, but i normally just strum anyway, so this song is a breeze for me (without strumming)

LoopyChew
11-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Does using the tiny buttons to play hopo in solos count as "not strumming"?

Only on HOPO notes, and only if you haven't broken combo. If you select the HOPOcidal Maniac goal (or, indeed, any of the "X HOPO notes" goals) from the goal menu interface, the star counter gets replaced with a counter of how many HOPOs you've managed to hit in your career. Very useful for spading this kind of thing out (which reminds me, Spade422: DAMN!).

davepeck
11-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Haven't counted, but I just played "Before I Forget" on Hard Guitar, and there's a good amount of HOPOs there.

MagicMurderBag7
11-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Alabama Getaway by The Grateful Dead from RB2 is almost all Ho-Po's and Like A Fool by Shaimus from the 20 free has quite a bit as well
and My Name is Jonas by Weezer has a lot and is a bit easier for those who are not so good on expert

Failboatz
11-13-2010, 05:21 AM
Don't think it has been mentioned, but "Guitar Sound" by Ronald Jenkees on RBN is really good for this. According to a guide on TA it has about 1600 HOPO's on Expert and 1200 on Hard and it's a pretty easy song to play (especially on hard).

institutions
11-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Just wanted to say something regarding HOPO-Cidal Maniac.

If you play a song and at the stats screen hit yellow to replay that song, the HOPO counter in the corner seemingly will revert back to however many you had before you played the song the first time.

Luckily though, this seems to only be a visual glitch. I had around 51,700 HOPOs and played Less Talk More Rokk, which brought me up to around 52,800. On the stats screen I hit yellow to replay it, and when it restarted the song, the counter was back down to 51,700. After the song, the counter was back around 52,800 again, but it gave me the achievement anyway, so it seems that behind the scenes it is still counting all of your HOPOs.

SebastianSB
11-17-2010, 05:37 AM
Shaimus - Like a Fool is another excellent song to play for progress toward this, and it's one of the free 20!

There's no way in hell I'm going to count the HO/PO's but the song is packed with extended sections that are made up entirely with them.

YouTube - Rock Band 2 - Like A Fool - Shaimus - Expert Guitar - 100% FC 5GS - [Team Cena]

It's kind of like Less Talk More Rokk - Lite.

Steadysphere
11-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the song suggestions, have added them to the list. As for hard guitar, I can't really give much advice. Like someone has said, I played Rainbow in the Dark, which on expert is flooded with hammerons, on hard for the guitar solo achievmenet and I don't think I saw a single hammer-on on the song.

SebastianSB
11-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Guitars Suck (RBN) also has a ton of HO/POs...because it's basically Jordan.

YouTube - Rock Band 2: Guitars SUCK 1st Ever 100% FC Expert Guitar

160msp.

Steadysphere
11-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Added to the list. Also, with RBN songs, can you guys try to follow suit like SebastianSB and post a video along with the price? Thanks.

Maka
11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Muse - Hysteria
Sixx A.M. - Life is beautiful
All that Remains - Chiron

Spade422
11-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Shaimus - Like a Fool is another excellent song to play for progress toward this, and it's one of the free 20!

There's no way in hell I'm going to count the HO/PO's but the song is packed with extended sections that are made up entirely with them.

YouTube - Rock Band 2 - Like A Fool - Shaimus - Expert Guitar - 100% FC 5GS - [Team Cena] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqHsLE4oWLc)

It's kind of like Less Talk More Rokk - Lite.

336 HOPOs total
213 seconds long
1.5775 HOPO ratio

not a bad song, since all the HOPOs are quite easy to hit. and yeah, the song is free.

Bump because i dont want to let this thread go down the drain

xXAKill3rTacoXx
11-22-2010, 08:56 AM
snow by red hot chili peppers dlc...if you can hit them XD

SebastianSB
11-22-2010, 02:48 PM
snow by red hot chili peppers dlc...if you can hit them XD

That's a horrible suggestion, imo. There are very, very few HO/POs in that song. This is a thread about songs with lots of HO/POs, not songs that are hard or have a lot of notes.

The main riff only has two in each repeat, and the other sections of the song have absolutely none.

Spade422
11-22-2010, 09:19 PM
That's a horrible suggestion, imo. There are very, very few HO/POs in that song. This is a thread about songs with lots of HO/POs, not songs that are hard or have a lot of notes.

The main riff only has two in each repeat, and the other sections of the song have absolutely none.

well, harmonix has recharted a lot of dlc songs when imported to rock band 3. for example, aesthetics of hate (OP should add to list btw) is now almost entirely composed of hammer-ons. i dont know of harmonix recharted snow (i dont have the song or access to a rb3 chart) but it wouldn't surprise me if they recharted the entire riffs to be HOPOs instead of awkward strumming.

but if its the same chart as in rb2, then yes, snow is a horrible choice.

eburkulosis
11-23-2010, 04:12 AM
I just tried some RHCP...and yeah, horrible suggestion

Didi Mau
11-23-2010, 10:02 AM
well, harmonix has recharted a lot of dlc songs when imported to rock band 3. for example, aesthetics of hate (OP should add to list btw) is now almost entirely composed of hammer-ons. i dont know of harmonix recharted snow (i dont have the song or access to a rb3 chart) but it wouldn't surprise me if they recharted the entire riffs to be HOPOs instead of awkward strumming.

but if its the same chart as in rb2, then yes, snow is a horrible choice.

It's still all strums on RB3, so I have no idea why he mentioned it haha :p

eburkulosis
11-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Man, I don't know how you guys do it.

I can only get like 250 HOPOs on Freezepop - Less Talk More Rokk. I'm just retarded and can't get the timing and it moves so damn fast. Same with most heavy HOPO songs.

Sometimes I just stop playing and watch the notes fly by and call the game a bastard.

What is the significance of the 53,956 number?

Does anyone have tips on nailing the common HOPO strings of it going all the way up and down the scale? Besides practice? :P

Boy, this *cough* trophy *cough* will make a man out of me. Even if it is very HOPOsexual.

JohnnyR74
11-23-2010, 03:21 PM
YouTube - Rock Band 2 (RBN) - Betty And Me - Expert Guitar - 100% FC

Betty and Me - 160msp (Rock Band Network)
Really fun song where you're actually playing the banjo. I wouldn't know where to place it, it's somewhere between orange and red. Orange would be my bet. A lot of hammer-ons throughout.

YouTube - RB3 - My Last Words 100% FC Expert Guitar

My Last Words - 160msp
Lots of hammer-ons in this song, mostly during the intro, the main guitar riffs (4 of them), and the solo. Not much playing during the verse, and the outro is mostly fast strumming. Definitely very hard for the average player.

MagicMurderBag7
11-24-2010, 12:19 AM
i would put Betty and Me in red

My Name is Jonas - Weezer (160)

(not sure why Keyboard cat is there)
YouTube - My Name is Jonas FC (Rock Band 2 Expert Guitar)

I love the thread by the way keep up the good work

MagicMurderBag7
11-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Just thought of another one

Dig - Incubus (Lego RB)
YouTube - LEGO Rock Band - Dig - Expert guitar sightread (-2?)

SpiralGamerpro
11-24-2010, 02:24 AM
I Wanna Be Your Man-Endeverafter-20 Free Song Pack
The song has quite a bit of HOPOs, especially in the solo.

Steadysphere
11-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Added all the suggestions (except Snow of course) to the list, good to see some Green songs for the inexperienced players. Keep going guys! Also made Betty and Me red, it's devil tier in RB2 for a reason!

eburkulosis
11-24-2010, 06:17 PM
It sucks that there aren't more easy songs, as I am a Novce player compared to all of you it seems.

These easy songs have a low amount of HOPOs anyways and not really worth playing. Also, even just looking at the Tears for Fears album art makes me want to rage let along play through it over and over.

but by definition HOPOs = hard song. (not really by definition)

I have played most of these songs on the list and I'll say that Freezepop - Less Talk More Rokk is by far the most cost effective.

I can only manage to get about 500 HOPOs per playthrough but that a lot better then struggling through songs with less Hammer-ons.

I'm now at 12,000 HOPOs. Hopefully someone finds some exploit for this like they have every other cheevo :P

PS: My Name Is Jonus sucks for HOPOs - what are there like 100? Few and far between and not that easy to nail

Didi Mau
11-24-2010, 07:05 PM
I have played most of these songs on the list and I'll say that Freezepop - Less Talk More Rokk is by far the most cost effective.

I can only manage to get about 500 HOPOs per playthrough but that a lot better then struggling through songs with less Hammer-ons.

To be honest I think this one will end up being your best bet even if you're only reaching 500 in it- I just played through Free Bird on Hard mode to see if the slower chart still had a lot of HOPO's and there's less than 500 in it, and that's a 10 minute song :/

Afro Ninja
11-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Caprici Di Diablo and Rude Mood in my opinion are the best songs for attaining many HOs/POs.

PanocideX
11-25-2010, 12:30 AM
From playing naturally i've only gotten about 5000... this is gonna take a while. Thanks a lot for the song suggestions, at least with some variety this won't be so much of a chore to grind out...

Itsbrown4606
11-25-2010, 03:25 AM
Err, Panic Attack?

The solo and the intro/outro are ripe for a few.

SpiralGamerpro
11-25-2010, 06:08 AM
Grace-Supergrass-LEGO Rock Band
This song actually has quite a bit of HOPOs, and it even has two sections dedicated to HOPOs.

SpiralGamerpro
11-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Beast and the Harlot-Avenged Sevenfold-Rock Band 3
This song has tons of HOPOs. I'm kind of surprised it's not already included.

Didi Mau
11-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Beast and the Harlot-Avenged Sevenfold-Rock Band 3
This song has tons of HOPOs. I'm kind of surprised it's not already included.

Bad choice in my opinion- it's a 5:41 song with zero HOPO's in both the verses and the choruses, so it's very dependent on hitting the solo (which is one of the harder ones on-disc). I'd say the average player isn't going to hit more than 250 in this song (a quick run of 80% solo and FC of the rest got me a measly 215), which means if there's no DLC to for the player to choose from novice-to-average players would be better off grinding Everybody Wants to Rule the World (320~ HOPO's and a shorter song), whilst people that can hit (a decent portion of) the BatH solo are still better off playing Something Bigger, Something Brighter (670~ HOPO's and again, a shorter song).

You might want to add A CATSHOVEL and Spade422's ratio findings into the first post Steady, I know the list isn't finished but they're going to start getting lost in the middle pages of the thread at this rate. Honestly though, I don't think we're going to find a better song than Less Talk More Rokk now :p

Itsbrown4606
11-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I just tried Panic Attack and I managed 852 HOPOs... so... I hope you like Panic Attack...

EDIT: Fun fact for Guitars Suck. Just counted the HOPOs... or rather, lack thereof, in the first solo. Of the 1,028 notes in the first solo, only 26 are not HOPOs. So, if you can FC that first solo... you bank 1,002 HOPOs.

tl;dr:
Solo 1 is 1002 HOPOs to 26 regular notes.
Solo 2 is 344 HOPOs to 5 regular notes.
Solo 3 is 254 HOPOs to 13 regular notes.

Now this is all in the span of about 3:15 and I haven't count the HOPOs NOT in a solo yet... and I probably won't.

dt new york
11-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Not too sure about the #s. Maybe 700ish HOPOs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eFKwVMEZm0

eburkulosis
11-26-2010, 10:41 PM
playing for 6 straight hours today, ugh. The same song over and over and over and over.

48,500 HOPO's @_____@

must....keep....going.....

*Edit* Finally got it! THanks for the help guys.

I ended up playing Less Talk More Rokk 92 times to get this!

Maka
11-27-2010, 07:05 PM
For the people asking for help hitting more HOPOs in Less Talk More Rokk, try tapping your foot as an intro to every sweep, and strum at the beginning of every sweep. (Even though it wont count towards the counter, you are more likely to hit it, if you strum at the beginning).

Using the tapping foot method, I get about 1,000 to 1,100. If you add the strum, take away about 100 or more.

Spade422
11-27-2010, 10:37 PM
outside - tribe

middle difficulty (expert)

rock band 1 export

i really dont want to count hopos right now...

xXAKill3rTacoXx
12-04-2010, 09:09 PM
RBN
Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over by The Devil Wears Prada

mikachu93
12-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Waking the Demon (160msp) is a great devil-tiered song that is filled with HOPOs, yet isn't another Guitars Suck or Caprici di Diablo. Personally, I'd put it on par with Like A Fool from the 20-pack, but most would probably say otherwise.

EDIT: Well, I had a video that worked when I viewed it on YouTube just an hour ago, but Sony has apparently blocked it.

Son of Kyuss
12-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Shackler's Revenge on Expert is fairly decent, 80% of the song is HO/PO's and it's not that excruciatingly difficult to FC up to and after the solo.

YouTube - Shacklers revenge Expert Guitar - 100% FC

Arcanon
12-14-2010, 04:16 AM
Half helpful post, half shameless plug.

There are a lot of RBN songs that have tons of HOPOs. Sometime Wednesday I'm gonna look through what I have to see what is the most HOPO-riddled material. I know off the top of my head that Steve Vai's "For The Love of God" has a metric ton of HOPOs in it, although it's a bit on the hard side. Same for "A Christmas Rock Medley" by Richard Campbell, I had the honor of testing that song and it's filled with HOPOs.

The shameless plug part is that I can name two songs my authoring group has released that have lots of HOPOs or are primarily HOPOs.
Far Wanderings (guitar only song, mostly HOPO-filled solos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QpuO39D4_Q

Creatures ov Deception (verse, chorus and solo HOPOs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uELKAzKfQ98

I linked full videos so you can evaluate and see if they would be helpful for the achievement. I haven't counted the number of HOPOs in each song. Both songs are 80 MSP.

I'll post back here once I've gone through my RBN library and determined what songs are the most HOPO-tastic.

TpYourHouse
12-14-2010, 11:23 PM
*Yawn* Before I Forget over and over... And over again...

SpiralGamerpro
12-15-2010, 02:22 AM
Jerry Was a Race Car Driver-Primus (This light green lettering means between this green and this orange, you can pick.)
Anyway, the song has quite a bit of HOPOs, especially in the solo.

SebastianSB
12-15-2010, 05:01 AM
Excellent dollar track for this (80 RBN):

YouTube - Rock Band 3 - A Christmas Rock Medley (Expert Guitar 96% Gold Stars)

eraserhead
12-15-2010, 04:16 PM
less talk more rokk.
this. and this only.

noob-proof and fairly short. the hopo/duration ratio is just huge.

MagicMurderBag7
12-16-2010, 05:12 AM
The Entertainer by Billy Joel (160)

YouTube - Rock Band 3 Billy Joel - The Entertainer Guitar FC 100% expert

TH4DJ4RV1S
12-19-2010, 09:10 AM
name: caprici di diablo
song length: 269 seconds (4:29 minutes)
possible HOPOs on expert: 1828
average HOPOs hit per second: 6.796

not that this song is the best choice, but i dare anybody to find a song with a higher HOPO ratio than this monster. give me the guitar chart and i will find the ratio.

edit: also, adding on to this:

IF this song has the highest HOPO ratio in the game AND it takes a total of 20 seconds (average) to restart the song, you COULD POSSIBLY get this achievement in 2 hours 25 minutes.
\m/ i knew beasting this song would pay off some day

"For the "85% guitar solos" achievement I took Rainbow In The Dark and Crazy Train down to Hard difficulty"

n00b... lol jk :p

SpiralGamerpro
12-19-2010, 06:06 PM
"For the "85% guitar solos" achievement I took Rainbow In The Dark and Crazy Train down to Hard difficulty"

n00b... lol jk :p This is a thread about HOPO-cidal Maniac, not Bleeding Fingers.

mikachu93
12-19-2010, 08:01 PM
This is a thread about HOPO-cidal Maniac, not Bleeding Fingers.
He was quoting Didi Mau, but for some reason decided against the Quote button.

SpiralGamerpro
12-20-2010, 02:03 AM
I just got this Achievement. Thanks to everybody who contributed to this thread.:)

SirDooblay
12-20-2010, 02:15 AM
RBN

Hey Baby, Here's That Song You Wanted - blessthefall

The Great Plains- Scale the Summit
1348- Umphrey's McGee

DLC

Life is Beautiful - Sixx A.M., the bass is all hammer-ons
The Entertainer - Billy Joel
Sweet Home Alabama (Live) - Lynyrd Skynyrd

SpiralGamerpro
12-20-2010, 02:53 AM
RBN

Hey Baby, Here's That Song You Wanted - blessthefall

The Great Plains- Scale the Summit
1348- Umphrey's McGee

DLC

Life is Beautiful - Sixx A.M., the bass is all hammer-ons
The Entertainer - Billy Joel
Sweet Home Alabama (Live) - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Bass HOPOs don't count, but otherwise, good list.

SebastianSB
01-06-2011, 03:54 AM
The new Freezepop song "Special Effects" is almost entirely HO/POs and is only moderately difficult. Nowhere near as bad as Less Talk More Rokk. 80msp.

YouTube - Special Effects - Freezepop Expert RBN

Fai1cookie
01-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Afterlife by Avenged Sevenfold has some good ones. Also, Seize the Day by Avenged Sevenfold. During the solo parts are at least 100-200 notes that are nothing put HOPOs alternating between each other.

Archer0T8
01-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Surprised to see that Hysteria by Muse isn't in the list. Don't have an official count for it on Expert Guitar, but by my count there is 426 hopos in the song.

Not to mention it clocks in at 3:47 (227 seconds), so it has at about 1.8767 hopos per second and really isn't that difficult a song to play (probably count it as an orange one on the list).

Spade422
01-15-2011, 08:50 AM
aesthetics of hate. harmonix completely re-did the chart for rb3, and the hopo count is absolutely beautiful.

mattpacman
01-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Nightmare by A7X has a few, not sure exactly how many though.
Another Way To Die- Disturbed is also prty good

mattpacman
01-16-2011, 01:03 AM
Are You Dead Yet- Children Of Bodom
Waking The Demon- Bullet For My Valentine

both have HUGE ammounts of HoPo

Sampson
01-16-2011, 03:59 AM
Thanks, Man. Horrible achievement :(

agentnnc
01-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla has a TON of hopos. The majority of the song has them.

SebastianSB
01-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Children of Nova - We Collide has tons of pretty slow HO/POs, though inexperienced players may need No Fail Mode to get past the very beginning.

YouTube - We Collide - Children of Nova RBN Expert Full Band

160msp

Seanakin66
02-04-2011, 04:19 AM
To whomever asked the significance of the number 53,596, it's a continuation of a joke that started with Dead Rising's "Zombie Genocider" achievement which required killing 53,594 zombies, or the population of the town of Willamette, Colorado. Left 4 Dead upped the ante with "Zombie Genocidest" which unlocked after slaying 53,595 undead. So "HOPO-cidal Maniac" takes it one step further.

A few suggestions that strike a balance between high HOPO concentrations and playability:

Alabama Getaway (I know it's already been mentioned)
Ramblin' Man
Blue Sky (Damn you, Dickie Betts)
Synchronicity II
Tuesday's Gone

All of these put out the HOPOs even at Hard level and are manageable at Hard with an occasional challenge, e.g. the solo in Blue Sky.

LeGrimmReaper13
02-04-2011, 08:26 PM
This is a guitar only achievement right??

SebastianSB
02-04-2011, 09:35 PM
This is a guitar only achievement right??

Yes. Like every other achievement, this is tied to one of the goals that's built into the game. It's a guitar goal.

ConstantxMotion
02-05-2011, 02:43 AM
can you get this by playing online?

SebastianSB
02-05-2011, 02:09 PM
can you get this by playing online?

Yes, but you still have to be the one playing guitar.

Kinky Mong
02-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned Alive by Pearl Jam. The verses are mainly HOPO's, there's quite a few in each chorus and the ending solo has a metric shit-ton of them.

Plus it's one of the few songs I can get through most of on Expert without having the runway flashing red at me constantly. ;)

LeGrimmReaper13
02-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Yes. Like every other achievement, this is tied to one of the goals that's built into the game. It's a guitar goal.

Thanks, I was curious :)

Jajuka2099
02-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Not sure exactly how many are in the song, but "The Way That It Shows" by Richard Thompson has a lot of HOPOs in the solo, which makes up the last half of the song (and is one of the best guitar solos in RB ever, for those that prefer variety over mind-numbing HOPO staircases.)

Jajuka2099
02-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Also, I suggest "Spirit in the Sky" for players that are having a hard time with some of the other suggested songs. Definitely check out "Special Effects" as well for some easier HOPOs that will add up quickly.

Piculiar
02-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Of the on-disc songs, I find those already on the list to be the most fitting, along with 25 Or 6 To 4. Assuming you can do well at the solos.

Panic Attack from RB2 works pretty well too.

Blue Sky should also definitely be on the list. It has a bazillion hopo's, and it never gets boring to play.

Steadysphere
02-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Huzzah for an update!

Apologies it took me so long to update the OP, but I totally forgot about this thread, it wasn't till yesterday when someone on Xbox Live reminded me and was like ''update the freaking thread already'' and I was like ''what thead?''

Anyways, thanks for all the suggestions, most of them worked out however, someone posted videos which didn't work for me, and another posted RBN songs without a price, or an indication of how hard it is. Please remember to post RBN songs with an indication of how hard they are and their price-with main DLC, I have it all so I can roughly work out but I barely scratch the RBN surface, so have little clue about the songs.

bearmod
03-02-2011, 02:59 AM
Ashes to Fire from Ghost Hounds is also a good one. It's from the RB2 free download pack that you got for buying the game. Another good/easy one is Life is Beautiful from Six:A.M., last time I checked it was 160 MSP

chipotlaid
03-05-2011, 05:32 AM
Sleepwalker by Megadeth is one of the harder songs but it has a lot of HOPO's. I played through it and got 97% through the whole song and got around 1200. It is 350 seconds long so that puts it around a 3.428

DLC
160msp

kallik12
03-10-2011, 07:53 PM
This achievement takes foreverrr

Steadysphere
03-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Updated with Ashes to Fire and Sleepwalker, plus I've added a suggestion of my own. This song is very mild, but is basically a huge chain of Hammer-ons throughout.

She's Always a Woman (160msp)

YouTube - She's Always a Woman - Billy Joel Expert (All Instruments) Rock Band 3 DLC

P5 Defender X
03-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Should add Through the Fire and Flames -- Dragonforce, to the list, as that is chop full of them.

AxS Kamikaze
03-28-2011, 04:13 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Check My Brain by Alice in Chains has a decent bit of HOPOs and it's pretty easy to play.

discostu1337
03-31-2011, 06:39 AM
After playing a bunch of these suggestions for the past hour, I have come up with the two best songs for a majority of players to get through without trouble:

Incubus - Dig
Freezepop - Special Effects

These two get roughly 500 each on a decent play through. Just turn on no fail mode for Freezepop since a lot of it sucks. Most of the suggestions here seem to be for the crazy people who can FC everything on expert. Heck, even "My Name is Jonas" has nearly impossible to hit HOPO's and it's set as easy in this guide. I couldn't even get 200 in that song!

This obviously won't be for everybody, but I'm damn good at most of this game on expert and been playing Rock Band for 4 years. These 2 songs are by far the best for us normal players :)

UPDATE: I just timed it all out. It takes 9 minutes to play both of them in a row, and I got 1058 HOPO's. This breaks down to almost exactly 2 per second, which is pretty good and actually really easy.

Inferno9000
04-07-2011, 04:33 AM
Antibodies on Expert bass has TONS of HOPO's

And I'm pretty sure it's not a guitar only achievement, I've checked it, iirc, it's under epic goals, and I literally checked my count, played a song on bass, and then checked it again and it went up in HOPO's

Majica8
04-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Antibodies on Expert bass has TONS of HOPO's

And I'm pretty sure it's not a guitar only achievement, I've checked it, iirc, it's under epic goals, and I literally checked my count, played a song on bass, and then checked it again and it went up in HOPO's

It's under:
"Guitar" > "Epic Guitar Goals" > "Hopo-Cidal Maniac"

It even says "Play 53,596 HOPOs on Guitar"

It's guitar only.

I've got just less than 10,000 to go. Wish I had enough points to get She's Always A Woman, getting bored of the few HOPO-filled songs I have.

Made of Scars - Stone Sour has quite a lot btw.

MJAussie360
04-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Prequel to the Sequel worked best for me. Loads of hammer-ons and pull-offs

YouTube - Rock Band 2 guitar - Prequel to the Sequel 100% FC Expert

Inferno9000
04-07-2011, 08:31 PM
checked again, you're correct, I guess I didn't play a song on bass, even though I thought I did, thanks

twitchinmonkey
04-14-2011, 02:03 AM
Landslide by Fleetwood Mac (just released as DLC) is about 90% HOPOs on expert, and on hard even an average guitar player should be able to get 300 to 400 HOPOs in a little over 3 minutes

T-Prime
04-14-2011, 07:46 AM
"Gasoline" by Audioslave is actually half-decent for HOPOs. My skill is probably mid-range at best (I'll never get the "5 star the disc" achievement), but I think I would classify it as an orange song.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOEdt1KLCWA

I haven't counted the HOPOs, but lately I play with my HOPO counter in the corner. When I started Gasoline I had 30,511 and when I ended I had 30,997 and I know I didn't hit them all, so I think ~500+ for a four-minute song in a middle difficulty-tier isn't bad.

reaper527
04-15-2011, 09:31 PM
checked again, you're correct, I guess I didn't play a song on bass, even though I thought I did, thanks

its possible you looked at the wrong thing under your goals. there ARE some in game goals for hammer ons for bass. (just no achievements)

Steadysphere
04-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Updated with Through the Fire and the Flames, Check My Brain, Made of Scars, Landslide, Gasoline and three of my own-the new Andromeda songs on the RBN, which are balls hard but filled with so many HO/POs, the pros can sweep these songs for the achievement.

Cameleon Carneval (160MSP)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udXHOCyyfYo

Veil of Illumination (Part 1) (160MSP)

YouTube - RBN Expert Guitar: Veil of Illumination Pt. 1 by Andromeda 100% FC

Veil of Illumination (Part 2) (160MSP)

YouTube - RBN Expert Guitar: Veil of Illumination Pt. 2 by Andromeda 100% FC

chupon462
04-29-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm getting pretty close and I still haven't played about 70 songs in my back catalog. I have a lot of DLC. I haven't really been trying for this one, but I figured it'd come naturally.

rockhopper
05-07-2011, 02:38 AM
Landslide by Fleetwood Mac (just released as DLC) is about 90% HOPOs on expert, and on hard even an average guitar player should be able to get 300 to 400 HOPOs in a little over 3 minutes

I came here to post my support of this song, and noticed you'd already suggested it. I highly second this recommendation. "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac. It's a beautiful classic song and on expert guitar you can get around 800 HOPOs in just over 3 minutes! It's not a hard song, and you can play practically the entire thing without strumming. I just went from 15,000 HOPOs to 54,000 in no time at all.

Inferno9000
05-10-2011, 02:03 AM
Get Llama off the list, it's a terrible song for hammer-ons, it really only has them in the solo, which is pretty short, it's not worth it, even if you're good. Also, for DLC you should add For the Love of God (Live), song has plenty of Hammer-ons. Also, anyone know why the hell that song is a 5 and not impossible? It's clearly one of the hardest guitar songs out there

Steadysphere
05-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Get Llama off the list, it's a terrible song for hammer-ons, it really only has them in the solo, which is pretty short, it's not worth it, even if you're good. Also, for DLC you should add For the Love of God (Live), song has plenty of Hammer-ons. Also, anyone know why the hell that song is a 5 and not impossible? It's clearly one of the hardest guitar songs out there

Haha, I'm not sure why Llama is on there, you're right it's terrible for HO/POs. As for For The Love of God (Live), it was downgraded from devil-tier to 5 from the transistion from RB2 to 3. It's hella hard, don't let it's tiering fool you guys. Also, some suggestions of my own...

Hangman (80msp)

YouTube - Hangman - Drugstore Fanatics - Rock Band 3 - Expert Guitar

Tweezer (160msp)

YouTube - Phish - Tweezer - Rock Band Expert Guitar

Stash (160msp)

YouTube - Phish - Stash - Rock Band Expert Guitar

JunkieXL100
05-17-2011, 12:55 AM
I noticed that Burn It To The Ground by Nickelback (160mp) works too and I'm sure Vasoline (RockBand)by Stone temple Pilots work as well.

Piculiar
05-17-2011, 07:11 AM
I don't know if it's already been suggested, but Obfuscation (160MSP) by Between the Buried and Me (RBN) has a simply RIDICULOUS amount of HOPOs.

JunkieXL100
05-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Walk by Pantera, (160mp)
Black and Even Flow by Pearl Jam,
Do You Feel Like We Do (live) by Peter Frampton.

A ZombieTwinkie
06-03-2011, 05:31 AM
Timmy and the Lords of the Underground has an ok amount of HOPO's in it. I think it's from RB2? Not for sure when/where I picked it up, TBH.

LoopyChew
06-15-2011, 12:23 PM
"Rattlesnake Shake" by Mötley Crue is pretty heavy on the HOPOs. Half of them are gimmes, half of them are a little more difficult to get. It's definitely an orange, if not red.

LoopyChew
06-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Timmy and the Lords of the Underground has an ok amount of HOPO's in it. I think it's from RB2? Not for sure when/where I picked it up, TBH.

It's a bonus song from RB1.

Majica8
06-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Unholy Confessions - A7X has a decent amount and isn't really that hard (certainly the easiest A7X song)

Shadowiii
06-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Finally got it!

Best song for me was "Dreamchaser" by Amberian Dawn (RBN). I got about 900-ish per playthrough. This was also using the "solo keys" (ones further up the fret) during their insane solos.

Basically any Amberian Dawn song will work (and the RB3 ones are all great) and helped with this.

Also practicing hitting hammer-ons without strumming not only gets you progress, but it also makes you better at the game. Though you should probably really go for it after learning to strum up and down. :)

Yah! I am a total Rock Band nerd now! :P

XxFrAsZeRxX
07-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Some other good ones:

Welcome to the Family by Avenged Sevenfold (160 mp)
Henchmen Ride by Testament (160 mp)
Hypnotize by System of a Down (160 mp)
Aerials by System of a Down (160 mp)
Two Weeks by All That Remains (160 mp)
The Trooper by Iron Maiden (160 mp)

lordopus99
07-26-2011, 06:10 PM
A few songs I have been using not listed in OP...

DLC
Giddy On Up by Laura Bell Bundy
‪Giddy On Up - Laura Bell Bundy Expert Full Band Rock Band 3‬‏ - YouTube
Writing on the Wall by Underoath
‪Underoath - Writing on the Walls - Rock Band Expert Guitar‬‏ - YouTube

Steadysphere
12-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Updated, sorry it took me 7 months to do :P

iTz WaffleS v2
02-04-2012, 06:29 PM
How has no one mentioned Green Grass and High Tides? On an average Expert run for me I net about 1500 HOPOs. And Thats only hitting about 90% of the notes.

Nirumano
02-21-2012, 03:05 AM
saturday night's alright for fighting does NOT deserve orange color, it should have red -.- those fucking hopo chord things mess me up. All those in red are easier than this song imo.

LoopyChew
05-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Bombtrack by RATM is a pretty easy one for HOPOs.

Kindness123
02-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Any new songs in the last couple months that can be added. If I hear Landslide one more time I might cry.

Sinful Samhein
02-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Landslide by Fleetwood Mac on expert a few times a day and you will have this in no time.

Pedle Zelnip
05-05-2013, 12:36 PM
If you have Rock Band Blitz, then Jungle Boogie is awesome.

I hit 76% of the notes (was playing horribly as I'm not that good & it's a bit tough), but in spite of that still scored 372 HOPO's in 3:09 for an average of 1.97 HOPOS per second. I'd venture a guess that there's upwards of 500 in the song. 590 Looking at the video & counting, I counted 590 HOPOs. That' means a FC would net 3.12 HOPOS per second!

I'm also a little surprised that the OP didn't mention Wanted Dead or Alive from RB1. It's an easy song, and nets you in the ballpark of 400 HOPOs in 4:10, or about 1.6 HOPO's per second.

Im Blackened
05-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is a good one. There's about 2-3 minutes of constant hammer-ons.