PDA

View Full Version : Worth Buying?

TealPavelski
11-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Anyone regret buying the Kinect yet? I am on the fence to buy one, but are the games available any fun?

Utako
11-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Anyone regret buying the Kinect yet? I am on the fence to buy one, but are the games available any fun?

I'm sure you can already find cheap kinect because there's always disappointed people

Bubbi DK
11-05-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm sure you can already find cheap kinect because there's always disappointed people

Either that or people who bought it, and didn't remember to think whether or not they have the space required for Kinect.

I'm definitely not disappointed at all.
We all know that we'll never play action FPS games or any of that kind on Kinect.
It's most likely to be sports games or dance/fitness games that will really
work well on Kinect.
And of course games like Adventures and Kinectimals.

So if you fell good about the different kinds of games available for Kinect,
and feel like having a good workout then I'm sure you won't be disappointed either..

Just remember, it can be really hard work playing Kinect... :)
It's in no way a relaxing "lay-down-on-the-couch" game style. ;)

nappster187
11-05-2010, 12:09 PM
i unfortunately cant buy it do to not having enough space, but my brother in law bought it and we were playing it yesterday....Lots of fun, but lots of work. It is similar to the wii but you have to work a lot more. so if you would find yourself bored of the wii, i wouldnt buy it, but it is definately fun.

dnodavila
11-05-2010, 12:16 PM
If you have the cash its worth buying. played for about 4 hours yesterday and I think its pretty awesome. It's a bit akward at first but you adjust quickly. The potential is there for some really good games to be made for it.

upindat
11-05-2010, 01:46 PM
I personally like mine. I do thinks some of the games will get boring after a while. Put i think that awesome things are to come. I really like the mic is built in. Didnt even notice it util i was playing red dead online and could talk to the other plays . BIG BONUS. I was kinda disappointed with the dashboard. I thought you could use your hands on the whole dashboard, not just the kinect part. Overall i think it is a great value. A great add on for your xbox and worth the price.

COLENBLOKER
11-05-2010, 02:18 PM
If you can get passed the one time cost of $150 and are slightly interested I think it is worth the money. Unlike Wii and Move, you don't need to continue buying wands or sub controllers to play with more people, which I think is a big plus. Kinect Adventures may get old after a little while, but I think that Dance Central and Kinect Sports will be fun for a long time. Plus you have a few "Core" games like the 2 Horror games from TGS, Steel Battalion, and Child of Eden.

St Jolly777
11-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Don't just buy one...buy two! (Come Christmas you will be able to sell the extra one for big profit! Remember Tickle me Elmo?) This is very cool and I think down the road regular games will be incorporating features of the Kinect for achievements.

Princesspea299
11-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes but unlike Nintendo, Microsoft has put out enough I would say to cover all the demand. Does anyone know if you can use the Kinect for "Your in the movies"? The old camera doesn't compare to the Kinect camera.

tEhHoLLoW
11-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Yes but unlike Nintendo, Microsoft has put out enough I would say to cover all the demand. Does anyone know if you can use the Kinect for "Your in the movies"? The old camera doesn't compare to the Kinect camera.

You can't use your Kinect for any Vision Camera Game yet. The games need Titles Updates for that, not sure if any Developer will even do that.

DarthSoth
11-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Either that or people who bought it, and didn't remember to think whether or not they have the space required for Kinect.

I'm definitely not disappointed at all.
We all know that we'll never play action FPS games or any of that kind on Kinect.
It's most likely to be sports games or dance/fitness games that will really
work well on Kinect.
And of course games like Adventures and Kinectimals.

So if you fell good about the different kinds of games available for Kinect,
and feel like having a good workout then I'm sure you won't be disappointed either..

Just remember, it can be really hard work playing Kinect... :)
It's in no way a relaxing "lay-down-on-the-couch" game style. ;)

That Star Wars lightsaber games looks like it is FPP for it or like punchout see the hands style FPP. and that will work for the kinect. But yeah I agree that they should keep away from FPS games on the kinect. The controller will be so superior and they would just flop if they were Kinect only. The Harry Potter game looks cool that you have the ability to play a seperate Kinect spell casting sp and co-op missions in it, and again that is a game style that kinect should work well with.

I'm going to say that that will be coming down the pipe. For all intent and purpose the kinect should be completley replacing the old camera. It already has for chat so it will be updated for use in old games. Not all of them but I would surmise a lot of them.

HatTrick190
11-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I'd buy it, its alot of fun. Cant wait to get more games for it :)

Pigmartyr
11-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Plus you have a few "Core" games like the 2 Horror games from TGS, Steel Battalion, and Child of Eden.

What 2 horror games?

Kinect adventures is fun if not a stand alone title, but dance central is very solid. Those two alone and im very happy. I cant wait to see what they come up with for games. Interested to see kinect's harry potter integration.

Like its been said before, If you have the cash its a solid accessory.

MangledRex
11-06-2010, 02:10 PM
I think its worth it.....but then again mine was free :/

staticz
11-06-2010, 05:26 PM
We had to move our couch for multiplayer but to me it is worth it. It gets my wife gaming and I cannot complain about that one bit. If you are willing to take a break from the norm then it will be worth it. If you are expecting to ever play "hardcore" games forget it - that isn't what Kinect is for.

sinista12
11-07-2010, 02:03 AM
I got it and really like it. Having enough space is a issue though. I'm going to have to move it into the other room cause I have right at 6 ft from it and my couch unless putting it on a shelf above my tv will work. I'm gonna try that later. Its a lot of fun and gives u a workout. I tried the dance central demo and it was fun but a workout. My kids love kinectimals. I'm happy I got it before they are sold out for christmas.

entity81
11-07-2010, 04:28 AM
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=1UuaBPMEgmY

litepink
11-07-2010, 05:47 AM
I love Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption, GTA, Bully, Soul Calibur, etc.

With that said, I'm having a blast with this. I think there is a lot of negative vibe from core gamers for this, like they feel threatened or something.

They can keep on hating and trolling, because this is fun and surprisingly accurate.

Jordbrett
11-07-2010, 06:26 AM
I too love COD, Red Dead, Halo, Splinter Cell etc as you can see by my gamer card but wow Kinect is fun. Shocked to enjoy it as much as I am. I do have to move the couch for multiplayer (NYC, apartment) but it's not a big deal.

H3ALY
11-07-2010, 11:33 AM

I was given mine by M$ but if i had to buy the product i wouldn't have had a problem doing so i'm very happy with it.

ChemicalxRachel
11-08-2010, 06:18 AM
I was skeptic about buying it, too. Then two of my friends got it day of launch and were having SO much fun with it, so I decided to go ahead and get it.

I'd say, get it, depending on what type of gamer you are. Now, I play Red Dead, Battlefield 2, Fable 3, Left 4 Dead, ext...but I'm having a blast with my kinect. It gives me an awesome workout, and basically replaces my regular workout routine. (I work out for at least half an hour a day, every day.)

And, for those who say it'd never be for hardcore games like COD or halo, I disagree. Simple voice commands would work.

But yes, make sure you have enough room. I have to use mine diagonally because of my room setup, and I'm considering moving the things in my room all together, just haven't worked out a way to do this yet. Even so, its tons tons TONS of fun!

Jedi sy
11-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Can't wait for Kinect, my kids will love it

osuzoo08
11-08-2010, 09:47 PM
It's worth it. I dont look at it as an add on for the 360 I look at it in the same light as a handheld. You are not going to play your DS all the time but you love the ds because thats were you can play unique games at.

KFZ Scrubs
11-08-2010, 10:03 PM
I was on the fence... bought it today... i love it!
It's so cool, and the game was kind of fun... but it's horrible at reading my movement in kinect adventures.... i still think it's cool though and i don't regret it yet.

Aini
11-10-2010, 02:30 AM
I love the Kinect but I dislike thisw game a lot, it's too whiny about the tiny space it gives you to move around in, i dislike the delayed jumps and what not. It's just not my type of game I guess... my husband liked it though. I wouldnt buy this if it didn't come with the kinect :/ I LOVE Dance Central, Kinectimals And Your Shape: Fitness Evolved though lol

Greendisease
11-10-2010, 05:18 AM
I love it... the Kinect is an absolute blast... it even got the family interested in playing some games too...

Craigpfc7
11-10-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm waiting for pay day then going straight down the shop to get Kinect. Just wish i had it now.....

Jedi sy
11-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Easy to set up and great fun to play. The kids love Kinect Adventures and the Wife likes Dance Central. I cant get back on Black Ops !!!!!!!

mando6599
11-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Kinect is a lot of fun for my family and me! My 6 and almost 5 year olds are having a blast with it! The Dance Central demo is awesome along with the Joy Ride demo too. My boys really liked that one.

DarthSoth
11-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Played some more Adventures last night before going out to play Hockey. 20,000 leaks is a blast. I really liked the space pop one too. My camera keeps taking out of focus pic of me in the game though, which is odd, my background in all in focus but my body and face are out of focus. I wonder how I can fix that? I did a calibration and finally fugured out what the hell that flash card was for.

It might be the lighting in my room that is causing the focus issue. I had a hell of a time with the flash card before I turned on the main light in the room.

Balc0ra
11-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Def worth it so far. But plz take note that if you live outside US, Canada, UK, Japan or Mexico... Speech recognition does not if you don't live in these countries. I don't, and its the only let down so far. It works offline tho. But still, kinda lame.

Other then that its good fun so far. Only have the full version of Kinect sport and Adventures so far. Have tested the demo of Sonic and Kinect Joy ride and both of em IMO did not work out that well. Sonic was clumsy and Joy ride felt just all wrong.

But I'm sure games will develop to get better later on. There are some issues ofc. Like if you move your arms to fast around, your avatar goes crazy and seems like his arm is broken. But if you don't work out to much like me. This will make up for it. After over 1 hour with it each day now since launch. I've got pains in body parts and muscle groups I did not know existed :D Advendures makes you jump a lot around. And sports makes your run a fair bit hehe.

Some of you may not feel it was worth it now. But come later I'm sure most of you will change your mind. Not many games I'm waiting for atm. But child's of Eden looks fun. The Original was good fun at least.

Lord WarLion
11-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Definitly, it is a lot of fun but it depends really on the game. For example, Kinect Adventures is really funny and it work's almost perfect, you can spend much hours playing this and having fun. But other games like Motion Sports are just extremly bad, neither they work right nor they make fun. So be careful.

The next game i'm looking forward to buy for Kinect is Sonic Free Riders, it was all selled at the release date. I thought it might be the game with the most potential at Kinect Release, but since Motion Sports was so bad, im a bit sceptic about it.

Jessy00
11-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Im still thinking about buying it, Ive heard you need a lot of space for moving and Im not sure is good for my living room. But I will change apartment in a couple of months so probably I will choose one with a big big living room only for the xbox and kinect ;)

TopNotched
11-18-2010, 02:42 AM
The kinect is definitely the system to have right now, it truly makes the wii look dated. You can really get into the game with the kinect. I am always let down with technology, and for once the kinect was better then my expectations.

Con: 1) You need a lot of space to play 2) It takes a lot of energy to play (not that this is bad, but get ready to sweat your b***s off!)

TopNotched
11-18-2010, 02:46 AM
I forgot to mention... I own Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports, they are both GREAT games. Adventures is a lot of fun, but a little too short (easy achievements though). Kinect Sports, might even be funner to play, it has a ton of FUN mini games, and the controls are right on, its unbelievable. Achievements are a bit hard (you have to be physically fit to get all the achievements).

tugboatman
11-19-2010, 10:47 AM
The kinect is definitely the system to have right now, it truly makes the wii look dated. You can really get into the game with the kinect. I am always let down with technology, and for once the kinect was better then my expectations.

Con: 1) You need a lot of space to play 2) It takes a lot of energy to play (not that this is bad, but get ready to sweat your b***s off!)

I completely agree with you mate im the same with tech and this blew my socks off im well impressed...
i am actually amazed by how responsive and accurate it is... I expected something similar to the eyetoy but i was blown away i really cannot believe how impressed i am with this bit of kit. Worth every penny in my opinion!!!!!!

master_shake_350
11-19-2010, 12:39 PM
I was planning on boycotting it, but my mum bought it up in a conversation so I went and bought it along with Kincetimals. I played for a good 4 hours last night and I rather enjoy it.

IMO its excellent!

xxm1llertimexx
11-19-2010, 11:54 PM
my wife picked it up 2 days ago and we love it!!!!.....she even stopped by the local gamestop on the way home and picked up 2 more games today.....she just told me she wanted to sell her wii which is shocking she LOVED it until kinect came along!!!!!......my advice drink a few and have some fun!!!!!

xamot
11-23-2010, 07:26 AM
yeah i tried out a friends playin adventures and kinectimals i luved the kinectimals havin a life like pet on my 32 inch lcd tv and the adventures just murdered my legs after playin that 4 2-3hrs it 5-6 days 2 recover from the pain ill be gettin my own kinect @ the end of the month i have just enough room 2 play the 6ft distance though wish i had a larger room

Foxxy kyle
03-13-2011, 11:29 PM
I love my kinect and i love this game also :)

Whatup14
03-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Definitely worth it! Bought it for my wife and I'm ending up the one playing it :D

Ralph 17
04-23-2011, 04:51 AM
It is pretty fun.

Ralph 17
04-23-2011, 04:54 AM
Pretty fun.

Ralph 17
04-23-2011, 04:55 AM
Haven't played other kinect games yet are they good?

Djason Warhees
06-12-2011, 06:23 AM
for those in doubt (of buying kinect), check out the E3 vids, lots of new games and features on the way :)

JRTowne
06-28-2011, 06:49 AM
The Kinect is a outstanding system and i'm very satisfied. i have a feeling that we will see even more incredible games and features in the future. we have only just begun to experience the Kinect

ResolventJet6
09-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Kinect is a lot of fun. I think Kinect Sports is one of the best Kinect Games at the minute.

Waspp
10-05-2011, 05:30 AM
There are alot of upcoming kinect titles that looks awesome.
I found it much less gimmicky then i expected.

Ang3lScream
11-03-2011, 03:32 PM
is good only for dance, if u like dance central buy it if not dont rly worth the $

i bought that only because of the dance central that you rly learn dance and is fun.

Psycho0022
11-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Just re-picked kinect about a week ago..it was $80 used. Finally played this game which was 2 bucks and loved it. It got me moving around. Also picked up Dance Central 2 for the missus and she loves it. While the kinect might not be for everyone, I love taking a break from playing all the AAA titles every so often to play something so fun and simple.

kerplunk9
11-27-2011, 03:32 PM
I personally like mine. I do thinks some of the games will get boring after a while. Put i think that awesome things are to come. I really like the mic is built in. Didnt even notice it util i was playing red dead online and could talk to the other plays . BIG BONUS. I was kinda disappointed with the dashboard. I thought you could use your hands on the whole dashboard, not just the kinect part. Overall i think it is a great value. A great add on for your xbox and worth the price.

i am in the dashboard update preview and with said update you can control the whole dashboard with kinect its pretty nice!

IFC3000
02-21-2012, 11:04 AM
sometimes i play games for 10 hours a day, laying down in bed and now i got kinect so i can stretch up time to time :)

Aluminum Cook
04-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I would chime in the same as most of the crowd... it is a fun addition to regular gaming - I do play Adventures and Dance Central from time to time - but it will probably never become the predominant method for gaming.

That said, it is fun and a good way to trick yourself into exercising. I'm sorry to admit this... but if the treadmill earned gamerscore, I'm sure that I would be more likely to use one.

killswitch x69x
12-05-2012, 06:34 PM
I regret buying a kinect. I thought I would like it because I like the Wii, but it seems really cheap. It's great for little kids though, you don't have to worry about your controllers getting sticky, haha.

gamingguy12
12-09-2012, 05:17 PM
The kinect could've been a lot better. I still don't know how I actually bothered to get some of the achievements in Kinect Adventures. It makes me worry sometimes about my achievement addiction :confused:

Squigglyo
10-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Great game. Ive played through the whole thing, and this is the first game ive tried to teach my toddler to play.

luigiGod99
12-19-2013, 05:17 PM
So-so, it's a good technology, but it can be improved, so, wait for the Xbox One games for Kinect :dance: