PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Drums Question.

LeakyBung
11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Anyone know if you can use the GH:WT drums for pro-drums, or do you have to use RB3 or upgraded RB2?

ThatsFatalFury
11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure you need an official Rock Band drum set with the cymbal expansion to play Pro Drums. Otherwise, it registers as just the regular Drum setting.

Monstor
11-05-2010, 07:22 PM
No, you need a RB2/3 kit with cymbals, or the ION Kit and you need to buy an extra symbol

GILLHUHN
11-05-2010, 08:05 PM
No, you need a RB2/3 kit with cymbals, or the ION Kit and you need to buy an extra symbol Keep in mind there are 2 different ion kits one with no cymbals for $200 and one with 2 cymbals for $300. Also you can do pro mode with only one cymbal you can select which cymbals you have in the options menu.
Edit: Also just to clear your post up a bit the RB2 and RB3 kits are the exact same thing they shouldn't call them RB3 drums because its really just a RB2 kit with RB3 cymbals bundle

TwistedFate
11-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Edit: Also just to clear your post up a bit the RB2 and RB3 kits are the exact same thing they shouldn't call them RB3 drums because its really just a RB2 kit with RB3 cymbals bundle

No, they aren't the same. RB3 drums have been upgraded from the RB2 sets.

GILLHUHN
11-05-2010, 11:24 PM
No, they aren't the same. RB3 drums have been upgraded from the RB2 sets. That's not what i heard i heard there exactly the same no improvements what so ever. Not only that but i compared my RB2 kit to my friends brand new RB3 kit only difference his was newer mine was more worn from use.

TwistedFate
11-05-2010, 11:38 PM
That's not what i heard i heard there exactly the same no improvements what so ever. Not only that but i compared my RB2 kit to my friends brand new RB3 kit only difference his was newer mine was more worn from use.

Improved hit sensors, Improved velocity sensitivity in the pads, Improved drum roll response? There are others, but I don't feel like listing them all. Not every improvement comes with a visual indicator, but they are an improved set regardless what your visual inspection showed.

Stufin135
11-06-2010, 09:49 AM
GH drums do not work on Pro Mode, but they are half way there. The Orange pad now works as a Green Cymbal. So basically in drum fills you can use both green and orange for a crash and floor tom.

Aberrant Simon
11-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Note: You can play Pro with only one cymbal, but if your after the achievements with pro trainer, then you have to have all of them.

bjh_27
11-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Improved hit sensors, Improved velocity sensitivity in the pads, Improved drum roll response? There are others, but I don't feel like listing them all. Not every improvement comes with a visual indicator, but they are an improved set regardless what your visual inspection showed.

I can confirm this...I have both sets. The RB3 ones are awesome.