PDA

View Full Version : Card Grinding and tips

Mikesahhh
11-06-2010, 02:27 AM
If your just trying to grind wins in single player for cards you want then i would suggest playing the 3 games in the preliminaries then quitting out and repeat

because the cards you win are just random it doesnt matter who you beat and its quicker to get them after every game rather then play a best of 3 match to get it

and also i think for every 20 points you get after a match you get a card so sometimes you'll recieve slightly more the same or less cards each time you win

Players earn points based off Result Items they earn in each duel.

I know you get an extra 50 points if you win a duel with a 100 life points left
but thats pretty hard to do
there is probably some fairly easy things you could do each duel which you wouldnt normally do to get some extra points...i'll look into it more

and also a tip i only figured out yesterday! if you play any traps or quick play magic cards in your deck that can be used at any time it will constantly ask you if you wanna play that card every phase and is very annoying but you can hold down the B button and it will stop asking you.

and on a sidenote god dam all you duelists who keep quitting ranked matches its tooo annoying especially on tag duels where any of the other 3 people can quit anytime and screw you all over I wish a computer would just take over the player(s) who quit mid game with there cards so it wouldnt just end the game or make them lose points on the leaderboards or anything!

SevenJesterHats
11-06-2010, 02:59 AM
yeah, this is what i have been doing, and be gettin ok luck with the cards im gettin as well... few destiny draws, mirror force, MST, all pieces of exodia(but right leg) etc...

i dont know too much about the pt system, but thanks for the post mike, good work :)

Mikesahhh
11-06-2010, 03:07 AM
Ive found a bit more on the point system

Win - 100 Points
Win by inflicting Battle Damage Only - 10 Points
Win without taking damage - 10 Points
Number of turns - 2 Points per turn
Number of times using a Spell - 2 Points per Spell
Number of times using a Trap - 2 Points per Trap
Synchro Summons - 4 Points per Summon
Tribute Summons - 4 Points per Summon
Unused Special Summons
Unused Spells
Highest number of Chain Links bonus
Difference in Life Points - (Difference of 8000) 32 Points
Maximum ATK
Maximum damage reflected
Number of opponent's monsters destroyed by an effect

and have also heard cards you win can be based off of the deck of the previously challenged opponent but no idea if its true

xfatboi904x
11-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Ive found a bit more on the point system

Win - 100 Points
Win by inflicting Battle Damage Only - 10 Points
Win without taking damage - 10 Points
Number of turns - 2 Points per turn
Number of times using a Spell - 2 Points per Spell
Number of times using a Trap - 2 Points per Trap
Synchro Summons - 4 Points per Summon
Tribute Summons - 4 Points per Summon
Unused Special Summons
Unused Spells
Highest number of Chain Links bonus
Difference in Life Points - (Difference of 8000) 32 Points
Maximum ATK
Maximum damage reflected
Number of opponent's monsters destroyed by an effect

and have also heard cards you win can be based off of the deck of the previously challenged opponent but no idea if its true
It seems like like the more points you get the rarer the cards are don't know if its just randomly happening like that but i usually get better cards when i get more points.