PDA

View Full Version : does the game autosave after you collect something?

Vanilla Coke Zero
11-06-2010, 08:03 AM
i collected my 41st manuscript following the guide on this site, but when i reloaded my game after quitting i found the same manuscript. however, when i checked my stats before collecting said manuscript, it said 41 found instead of 40.

Milesprower1986
11-06-2010, 09:31 AM
This is normal. The game saves collecibles in your stats as soon as you get them. They will also be back if you die short after getting one. I'm not sure if you need to collect them again for achievements because i collected them again, just to make sure.

R3vengeance
11-08-2010, 01:42 AM
The second you collect something, it gets added to your total, as stated above. If I'm not mistaken, just picking it up once (regardless of whether you die or not after) will be sufficient to nab the collectible achievements.

Z3R0 S1X
11-10-2010, 06:49 PM
If you pick something up and then die, always check your stats after the game reloads. It should save automatically upon the pick-up but better to check and be sure than get to the last chapter of the game while missing one collectible.

SithFloor
11-10-2010, 07:55 PM
No. If you pick something up and then die right after you will lose that collectible if you have not reached a checkpoint. If you die you WILL have to pick it up again. I think manuscripts are the exception. Once you find one its yours regardless if you die without reaching a checkpoint. Thermoses, radios, etc will have to be collected again.

Prelude2disastr
12-01-2010, 09:31 AM
i collected my 41st manuscript following the guide on this site, but when i reloaded my game after quitting i found the same manuscript. however, when i checked my stats before collecting said manuscript, it said 41 found instead of 40.
I'm pretty sure I've died after collecting supply boxes/thermoses/pages and before a checkpoint and they are still counted. I think it should be OK since I never revisited one of the supply boxes again but got the acheivement... Although, to be on the safe side, I'd make sure you get to a checkpoint before quitting or anything.

Baihu1983
12-01-2010, 11:44 AM
No. If you pick something up and then die right after you will lose that collectible if you have not reached a checkpoint. If you die you WILL have to pick it up again. I think manuscripts are the exception. Once you find one its yours regardless if you die without reaching a checkpoint. Thermoses, radios, etc will have to be collected again.

Not true. When you collect something the game saves, if you die shortly after it will reapear but you dont have to pick it up again.

And Manuscirpt pages allways re spawn when playing a level again cause they actually have something to do with the story.

Xen0pi
12-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Not true. When you collect something the game saves, if you die shortly after it will reapear but you dont have to pick it up again.

And Manuscirpt pages allways re spawn when playing a level again cause they actually have something to do with the story.

That's true!