PDA

View Full Version : no acheevo why

BOMB SQUIRREL
11-06-2010, 02:03 PM
im best friends with my boss and co worker and i still dont have the acheevo any help pls thx:confused:

NeoYggdrasill
11-06-2010, 02:42 PM
As far as I know you have to befriend with all of your peers, not just the boss and the co-worker. I think I got this with a sim that is at level 10 at the journalism career. I regularly trained charisma (which is know at level 10) and chose to meet peers at work. This sim has 26 friends know, of whom most I believe are also journalists.

Crimson Ridley
11-06-2010, 06:53 PM
I was in the Police Force when I got this, so it may be different. I just got my Co-Worker and Boss to Best Friend status, and my achievement unlocked.

If anyone is an Old Friend, it won't work, so you'll have to insult them until they aren't anymore then bring it back up to Best Friend.

ponypo2001
11-07-2010, 05:28 AM
I was in the Police Force when I got this, so it may be different. I just got my Co-Worker and Boss to Best Friend status, and my achievement unlocked.

If anyone is an Old Friend, it won't work, so you'll have to insult them until they aren't anymore then bring it back up to Best Friend.

Sadly that won't work. Once a sim is an old friend, you're screwed. They will simply go back to "old friend" status again once you've insulted them and built them back up. I know cause I just got dicked out of the achievement :/

BOMB SQUIRREL
11-07-2010, 08:48 AM
ok thx you guys ill give it a go atleast i know its not glitcht :woop:

Crimson Ridley
11-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Sadly that won't work. Once a sim is an old friend, you're screwed. They will simply go back to "old friend" status again once you've insulted them and built them back up. I know cause I just got dicked out of the achievement :/

It worked for me, thats why I said it.

ponypo2001
11-07-2010, 06:53 PM
It worked for me, thats why I said it.

Then you are a very lucky man then. I've looked on the net and the consensus is once someone is an old friend, there's no turning them to best friend again. If you ever figure what your secret was, please let us know as it'd be nice not to have to start over just for this.

Crimson Ridley
11-07-2010, 07:29 PM
I don't know what I did, other than invite her over, constantly insult her until she became an Acquaintance, then apologised, and was friendly again until she became a Best Friend.

My traits at the time were Hopeless Romantic, Good Sense Of Humour, Artistic, Childish and Brave, if any of them had anything to do with it.

In the end, it could just come down to being lucky, as this game seems to have a lot of little annoying problems. Sleeping being the new one for me right now.

RexDarr
11-08-2010, 12:14 AM
What I did was quit my old job (well retired), then started a new one, invited my boss over two days in a row, became best friends with him then when I was at work I selected 'meet co-workers' for 3 days then presto, cheevo.

Odessa
11-26-2010, 05:50 AM
ARGH! I wish I found this thread sooner. I've been trying to make my boss and coworker best friends for a week (in game time) with no luck. I was stuck in old friend hell. I finally got it changing to the military, but what a pain. Now I have to go back into my chef field and start all over with my garden. Bah.

Undead Immortal
11-26-2010, 10:44 AM
I put in minimalistic effort for this achievement..

All I did was alternate days where I'd suck up to boss and chat with Co workers.
Eventually you'll get this. But by alternating whom you're talking to each day, you don't fall out with your Co worker by sucking up..