PDA

View Full Version : How to win every single player rock paper scissors

The Destroyernatorer
11-06-2010, 03:08 PM
I don't know if any one else has tried this, but it works for me every time:

Quite simply, mash the A button really quickly. Start before the options come up, and keep spamming it until you've selected. You'll pick scissors, and assuming you were quick enough, the AI will pick paper. If you're a tad late, they'll pick something else, but it's hard to not get it right, unless you're daydreaming, haha.

Let me know if this works for you guys, because like I said, it works every time for me.

DeeJayMark
11-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Well i'd say it worked 95% of the time for me, but it's something i kinda already do, i never bothered with the rock paper scisor thingy. As soon as it appeared i just push "a". and even when i loose the computer has a tendency to go second so...

The Destroyernatorer
11-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Well i'd say it worked 95% of the time for me, but it's something i kinda already do, i never bothered with the rock paper scisor thingy. As soon as it appeared i just push "a". and even when i loose the computer has a tendency to go second so...

It's kind of odd. I was speaking to someone with the game and they say this doesn't work for them, but it still works for me every time. I've played that many times that the odds of it being a coincidence are astronomical, so it's not that.

In addition, the few times i've lost (maybe 10 in all -- because I've forgot to spam A), they AI has always picked to go first, unlike you.

Weird.

DeeJayMark
11-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah, really weird, i dont know how the system works but anyway, its just rock paper scisor...

The Destroyernatorer
11-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Yeah, really weird, i dont know how the system works but anyway, its just rock paper scisor...

For my strategy (aka no strategy at all...), it helps to go first though. Seeing as the cards you get in this game are crap, it's more about stopping your opponent than it is carrying out your own strategy. At least until you've grinded out a good deck. So it helps to go first, to get your monsters out first, set traps and so on.

exit9500
11-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Your strategy seems to work fine for me in the preliminary rounds, but the ai also picks rock in the knockouts when I get that far (unless I sit for a while, daydream as you state it)

And the ai seems to pick going second 1 out of 3 times, or so, when I do lose.

The Destroyernatorer
11-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Your strategy seems to work fine for me in the preliminary rounds, but the ai also picks rock in the knockouts when I get that far (unless I sit for a while, daydream as you state it)

And the ai seems to pick going second 1 out of 3 times, or so, when I do lose.

I think you're right. I've noticed now, that I'm making it past the prelims each time, that it's not always working.

Well, it should at least work in the prelims. I'm not completely full of shite :p