PDA

View Full Version : Another Farming Method

ParoXysm QC
11-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Make a comment if it was helpful for you!

What you need:
You want a freaking awesome automatic weapon with a great Fire Rate! You also want an infinite ammo MOD and a great shield!

Tutorial:
Kill all the turrets on the MINAC and follow him until he open his door to drop claptraps. When he does, shoot even if you don't see any claptrap. This will kill around 50 claptraps every minutes. Repeat this process and pick up as many objects on the floor as you can! You should get your collectibles achievements in no time!

Collectibles Farming Guide

I learned that the weapons I'm using are modded so you cant find them anywhere!

Xyntorz
11-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Yeah where did you get that gun....and that shield? Nice video btw.

Pinion13
11-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Nice, I'll have to try that.

q WhiZ KiD p
11-06-2010, 11:44 PM
good stuff i did this for a while last night i have like 3 bobbleheads if i can figure out a way to get them i will let you know

ParoXysm QC
11-06-2010, 11:51 PM
good stuff i did this for a while last night i have like 3 bobbleheads if i can figure out a way to get them i will let you know Thanks! It would be great!

Firvagor
11-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Yup, that's exactly what two friends and I did. Two of us would chase MINAC and make huge piles of crap, while the third stayed back and yelled at us if he found something other than a motherboard. We randomly switched as people finished their collections.

DocRevolt
11-07-2010, 04:06 AM
The regular farming method is great for lazy people though. Also, I think our avatars have come to an impass Diamondz...

Iv AJay vI
11-07-2010, 04:15 AM
Thanks for this. Just unlocked my Bobble-Head achievement. It seemed like a lot of the shit that was under the INAC would disappear when he drives over it, but you still get a lot more collectibles this way.

ParoXysm QC
11-07-2010, 11:52 AM
The regular farming method is great for lazy people though. Also, I think our avatars have come to an impass Diamondz...
Yeah!
I don't know if you played the Afro Samurai game but.... Kuma is so freaking hard to kill on Hard!

Firvagor
11-07-2010, 03:35 PM
It seemed like a lot of the shit that was under the INAC would disappear when he drives over it...
Yeah, I think he tends to drag a lot of stuff around, which would explain why we'd find items in random places.

WeemanNewYork
11-07-2010, 03:40 PM
I will given it try later. Thank for video xDIAM0NDZ.

ADenton109
11-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the vid will give it a go and will have to kill Crawmerax a few more times to get that gun!

gealt
11-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Interesting method, gonna have to try it out, the passive method isn't yielding enough bobbleheads. FYI, most of the guns showed in that vid are modded (including the one used) crawmerax is NEVER gonna drop those...

ParoXysm QC
11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Interesting method, gonna have to try it out, the passive method isn't yielding enough bobbleheads. FYI, most of the guns showed in that vid are modded (including the one used) crawmerax is NEVER gonna drop those... To be honnest with you, my friend gave me these guns and he told me he found them by killing crawmerax. I'm actually disappointed...I was sure they were legit!
Thanks for the info! I will delete my older post.:)

gealt
11-07-2010, 08:14 PM
I kinda figured that was the case, a lot of that sort of thing going around. Any time a weapon has a double name (shredder shredder, bitch bitch, etc) it is modded. Likewise almost any weapon that has the twisted prefix is modded. There's a good thread over at the GBX forum that goes into more detail about how to tell (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=101893).

Almsivi
11-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Nice, I'll have to try this out :)

ParoXysm QC
11-07-2010, 11:08 PM
I kinda figured that was the case, a lot of that sort of thing going around. Any time a weapon has a double name (shredder shredder, bitch bitch, etc) it is modded. Likewise almost any weapon that has the twisted prefix is modded. There's a good thread over at the GBX forum that goes into more detail about how to tell (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=101893).
Oh! Thank you! But I think I'm done with this game! I played over 72 hours!
I'll take a look!

PIKERB10
11-08-2010, 12:02 AM
i did that b4 i saw this post with a shotgun its better than leaving your xbox on 4 10+ hrs

IKickedABaby
11-08-2010, 12:15 AM
can you duplicate me the modded weapon man? i would love you long time

AngryBearTony
11-08-2010, 03:41 AM
Thanks for this alternate method, Diamond. I've been having a beast of a time getting oilcans and pizza, of all things. Maybe I can put those stupid collectibles to bed tonight.

x_mania
11-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Method works like a charm. Started it 2 hours ago and got all collectibles within this time frame! Nice one!

Creeping monte
11-08-2010, 03:30 PM
good stuff i did this for a while last night i have like 3 bobbleheads if i can figure out a way to get them i will let you know

After taking the patch im finding bobbleheads in the environment. I found 3 in about 20 minutes just laying around

ParoXysm QC
11-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Method works like a charm. Started it 2 hours ago and got all collectibles within this time frame! Nice one! I'm glad this helped!

AngryBearTony
11-09-2010, 08:32 AM
I also offer my testimonial for this method. Finished 'em all last night. Mucho thanks.

chaz hvy2
11-09-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm glad to see a method was found that didn't involve leaving a brand new Xbox on for 8-10 hours straight. Thanks! =D

tayboone
11-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Yay, thank you so much for this! I just got my last three collectible achievements today using this. It took me about 3-4 hours total of farming to get all the items necessary, but it was far less grueling than restarting maps over and over again.

Neo_HK
11-17-2010, 06:43 AM
no wa...all are rare weapons???please kill me. another question is are you playing on playthrough 2? i saw the enemy's level is 69. thanks for providing this method.

Ice Car
11-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Nice Twisted Serpens.

I have a nice Madness Hellfire Bitch that has red rarity. It has 200x4 Damage and 20.5 fire rate and x4 Incendiary and it's totally legitimate. You should totally take my guide seriously.

ParoXysm QC
11-17-2010, 10:03 PM
no wa...all are rare weapons???please kill me. another question is are you playing on playthrough 2? i saw the enemy's level is 69. thanks for providing this method. Yeah! Playing on playthrough 2!

reigie
11-18-2010, 07:40 PM
do oil cans you collect on the same play through in someone elses game count towards your achievement?

ParoXysm QC
11-18-2010, 10:04 PM
do oil cans you collect on the same play through in someone elses game count towards your achievement? I don't think so! But I'm not sure!

ZERATUL PL
11-19-2010, 12:31 AM
3 looooong hours but it was worth it... 1750/1750 :) Thanks

Turkdaballa6
11-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Is the drop rate better in playthrough 2? I get my ass handed to me on playthrough 2 to bother with this method but playthrough 1 its a joke...

Drucifer82
12-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Yeah where did you get that gun....and that shield? Nice video btw.

The shield is called the Impenetrable Ironclad, it's the highest capacity legit shield in the game. The gun is the Twisted Serpens. Both are pearlescent weapons. Check the Knoxx Threads and see if anyone is willing to dupe for you. :uzi::Bounce:

Ryuukishi
12-01-2010, 08:33 PM
What is the enemies' level cap in PT1 in the Claptrap DLC? Thanks.

ParoXysm QC
12-01-2010, 10:03 PM
What is the enemies' level cap in PT1 in the Claptrap DLC? Thanks. I could not tell you!

murakumo222
12-02-2010, 02:32 AM
nice job! thanks a lot! i have been stuck with this achievement with the low drop rate...

safemachine08
12-02-2010, 02:59 AM
willing to do co-op just throw me friend request and message and i am down to help

emandstu
12-03-2010, 02:15 PM
After taking the patch im finding bobbleheads in the environment. I found 3 in about 20 minutes just laying around

where abouts are they just laying around? lol I am getting loads of oil cans and pizzas from this farming method, it's great!

However I've only got one bobblehead in about the last 10 hours of gameplays (and that wasn't through this farming method :() But hopefully I'll have maxed out my pizza and oil cans soon and that'll just leave bobbleheads

this set of acheivments are so lazy!

Drucifer82
12-03-2010, 07:28 PM
I can also confirm this farming method works. I spent about three hours in the final boss fight shooting at the claptraps as they exited the MINAC. It took a couple hours for the first achievement to unlock, but within an hour of getting the first one, the other two I was missing unlocked.

I know it's been said by some that the claptrap bobbleheads are the rarest items, but that was the first achievement that unlocked for me, followed by "What a Party!" with "The Lubricator" being last.

emandstu
12-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I know it's been said by some that the claptrap bobbleheads are the rarest items, but that was the first achievement that unlocked for me, followed by "What a Party!" with "The Lubricator" being last.

I just got the 'Lubricator' and then about an hour later I got 'What a Party!'. I said above that no Bobbleheads were spawning for me, but as soon as I posted that above I went back to the game and I am now the proud owner of 10 Bobbleheads... just 5 to go and I can stop playing this damn DLC!!!

This farming method is definitely the best of all that have been suggested.

Tycoon788
12-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Ima go try this ASAP these achievements are driving me nuts! Thanks for the tip!

emandstu
12-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Yep, can confirm it's definitely the best, played another hour this morning and got my 5 Bobbleheads... just one more Maxxi cheivo and I'm 1750 on this game! woohoo!

jung4ever
12-11-2010, 08:00 PM
hell yeah, thanks! farming this stuff has been a pain!

emandstu
12-11-2010, 09:19 PM
hell yeah, thanks! farming this stuff has been a pain!

lol that's quite a restrained understatement!! :whs

Xenolith666
12-15-2010, 02:58 AM
This was a great method when I was playing, would get at least 10-15 claptraps when the door opened.

After awhile though, I was going to bed, so I used the other method and hid behind the rock and let the MINAC roll around. When I checked it in the morning there were parts all over the frikin place! Finished all my collectible achievements that way.

LynnTerra
12-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Another good excuse is if your wireless controller needs to be recharged, just fire up borderlands, go to the zone, hide out as noted and let the controller charge AND get your goods when you wake up. :woop:

kiratachibana
12-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the info and video, I started farming today and now only Bobble-head left :)

ParoXysm QC
12-30-2010, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the info and video, I started farming today and now only Bobble-head left :) The same thing happened to me! It took me a while to get all those Bobbleheads!
I'm glad you appreciate the vid! ;)

americansychos
01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
just wanted to add to this. this method is faster then the other (lazy mans way) posted but for any one with out mods you can just destroy all the guns and follow minac around standing next to it (to avoid the lazer) when it stops stand almost in front of the tank treds on either side and the claptraps will kill themselves inside minac. the more that die the more you get. just get out of the way before it moves again and so on and so on

Rixiden
01-03-2011, 05:59 PM
oil cans! in 2 hours of using this method ive only found 2! is it because i have find rare items +2 equipped, and the oil can isnt rare? that seems stupid, but who knows? im good on everything else just damn oil cans:mad:

ParoXysm QC
01-04-2011, 05:14 PM
just wanted to add to this. this method is faster then the other (lazy mans way) posted but for any one with out mods you can just destroy all the guns and follow minac around standing next to it (to avoid the lazer) when it stops stand almost in front of the tank treds on either side and the claptraps will kill themselves inside minac. the more that die the more you get. just get out of the way before it moves again and so on and so on
I should give it a try.. that's a bright idea!

oil cans! in 2 hours of using this method ive only found 2! is it because i have find rare items +2 equipped, and the oil can isnt rare? that seems stupid, but who knows? im good on everything else just damn oil cans:mad:

It's different for everyone. I had trouble with the Claptrap Bobbleheads and some are having trouble with the pizzas and the oil cans.
For me, there was tons of oil cans so, the only way is to farm as much as possible!

Rixiden
01-05-2011, 12:32 AM
oh, i didnt mention before but awesome guide by the way!

Aristottle19
01-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Probably had this achievement for bobbleheads and oil cans unfinished for the last month. In 4 hours I completed these, and was able to knock out "what a party!"

Big help with the vid.

The Bum-Mobile
01-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Huh, I'll give that a try this weekend. Do have ridiculous firerate guns (NOT modded mind you!) so I'll hopefully get mah cheeves this weekend. I need Oil Cans (GODDAMN are they hard to get!) some stuff for "What A Party" and Bobbleheads, but I haven't seen one of those yet!

GOWnage
01-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Where did you find all those pearls?!

DugDigger
02-08-2011, 03:35 PM
This worked great! A lot faster than the passive method, I prefer this one!

Off Topic: Yea nice avatar GOWnage! Alexisonfire rocks! Met them a few times!

SavageD49
02-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Ive already killed this boss, does he respawn?

ozgoon56
02-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Ive already killed this boss, does he respawn?

Yes, and all the sub-bosses on the way there.

IceBlox
02-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Yes, and all the sub-bosses on the way there.

Cool I was just about to ask if he respawns... good looking out :)

Spanish Assault
02-13-2011, 05:06 PM
This is so funny. I did something similar to this and it took me and my brother in law about 4 hours to get all the collectibles achievements. I was gonna post a thread but looks like you already figured this out. Way better method then the other one.

We both had modded shields and pistols so it was pretty easy that way. One person blasts the opening and kills all the clap traps and the other collects the loot. Make sure one of you has a solider with an ammo regeneration mod.

Funny the rarest item for me was pizza's.

ShawnSig
02-17-2011, 09:56 AM
I don't think I've ever found a single oil can, and I need to get 25 of them. I was trying this method on playthrough 1 with my level 45 soldier. Maybe I should try the other farming method(other thread) and just hide in the corner while the Kamakazies blow their own asses up.

I've found a shitload of 3D Glasses, Panties and Fish. 3 Bobbleheads and 5 pieces of pizza?

swatnflyz
02-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Don't mean to be a tard.

Will someone explain to me how you get a weapon that powerful? I thought if you messed around with your 360 it would diable the achievements.

Spanish Assault
02-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Don't mean to be a tard.

Will someone explain to me how you get a weapon that powerful? I thought if you messed around with your 360 it would diable the achievements.
well if you mess with your xbox you could get banned...

with that said this guns are all ready modded and entered into the world. Post HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=185663)and ask for one.

KaosL0RD
03-01-2011, 03:56 AM
Can you still do what the video does with the latest patch???

Junkdewd
09-02-2011, 01:59 AM
If anyone wants the one shot guns and unbreakable shield, msg me on live and we can play a round. I'll give them to the first 5 people that respond. Pistol, rifle and the shield.

StayonTarget
09-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Huh. I've been doing the same thing, except with a sniper. lol It's a OHK, is electric, and has 40 shots. Just spray that into the chamber. I've been doing this for about 2 hours on and off. So I'm probably half way or so. Just need Bobbleheads, Oil Cans, and Pizza now.

JuSt BLaZe
08-06-2012, 12:26 PM
This takes forever but I like this active-farming method. I'm level 69 (playthrough 1) and using a strong combat rifle for this, no mods.

AR490.0 Glorious Massacre (Damage-327, Accuray 93.9, Fire Rate 8.8)
with fire element x4
+100 Magazine Size (124 shots before reload)
+76% Recoil Reduction
+70% Accuracy

The only thing I've noticed so far if I kill them all very fast, there are too many items at one spot and when MINAC drives over them or the bombs he left explode near the collectibles a few simply dissapear. Looks like a glitch to me. So either I have to pick 'em up fast or get the things that are left. I want to avoid getting overrun.

So far I'm looking at:

6 Pizza, 10 Oil Can and 4 Bobbleheads. Oh well...

Edit: My end-stats after 5h of farming with this method:

Pizza - 18
Panties - 35
Clapfish - 37
3D Glasses - 35
Oil Can - 25
Bobblehead - 16

I died a looot but then again I also had enough money hehe. One more DLC (the best) to go and I'm done with this game. :)

ParoXysm QC
08-09-2012, 11:45 PM
This takes forever but I like this active-farming method. I'm level 69 (playthrough 1) and using a strong combat rifle for this, no mods.

AR490.0 Glorious Massacre (Damage-327, Accuray 93.9, Fire Rate 8.8)
with fire element x4
+100 Magazine Size (124 shots before reload)
+76% Recoil Reduction
+70% Accuracy

The only thing I've noticed so far if I kill them all very fast, there are too many items at one spot and when MINAC drives over them or the bombs he left explode near the collectibles a few simply dissapear. Looks like a glitch to me. So either I have to pick 'em up fast or get the things that are left. I want to avoid getting overrun.

So far I'm looking at:

6 Pizza, 10 Oil Can and 4 Bobbleheads. Oh well...

Edit: My end-stats after 5h of farming with this method:

Pizza - 18
Panties - 35
Clapfish - 37
3D Glasses - 35
Oil Can - 25
Bobblehead - 16

I died a looot but then again I also had enough money hehe. One more DLC (the best) to go and I'm done with this game. :)

Awesome game with a few annoying achievements ;)
What's your favourite DLC? I personnaly prefered The Secret Armory of General Knoxx!

JuSt BLaZe
08-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Awesome game with a few annoying achievements ;)
What's your favourite DLC? I personnaly prefered The Secret Armory of General Knoxx!

Well as I already posted in another thread here I'd say both CLAP TRAP'S NEW ROBOT REVOLUTION (because of the fun) and The Secret Armory of General Knoxx (because of CRAWMERAX' awesome loot drop).

I checked everywhere, every single chest on PLAYTHROUGH 2 and Crawmerax has without a doubt the best rare weapon/mod drop ever.

Blechfaust
09-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks. This one still works very good.

xXthefragileXx
09-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Gonna have to try this 'active' farming method for pizzas. I've done the other version (hiding behind the rock) three or four times for a total of probably 15-18 hours. Last night was the longest (8.5 hrs) and I STILL didn't get all the pizzas I needed (only found 3-4 among thousands of items. Did finally pop the Lubricator achievement though =)

VanillaJaguar2
10-03-2012, 09:28 AM
I will try this ASAP those stupid collection achievements are the last ones I have left.