stars / progress not saving

twisted poke

So all of a sudden, I can't get the stars i earn to save. I have been stuck on 322 stars for a while. I will play a game and the stars will show up after the game when I check my progress. For example, if I were to get 50 stars in a game, afterwards when I check my achievement progress, it would say 372 stars. However, if I quit the game (exit out of the game completely to the dashboard) the next time I play I am back to 322 stars. Not sure why this is happening as I am doing nothing different than I have in the past. Anyone have any ideas?

^^ Mine is stuck on an odd number, so I doubt it has anything to do with landing on an even number or any number for that matter.

If anything, it got stuck shortly after I first played ranked matches to get those achievements...

Have all you guys with the save glitch played ranked matches?

Edit:

Has anyone tried clearing the cache to see if that helps?

Edited by Prince_K

Haven't had a chance to try what I mentioned in my earlier post but will give it a go tonight.

Yes, I have played ranked games. Not sure when the glitch started happening but, now that you mention it, it was probably around the time I was playing ranked matches. Not positive though.

Well, I just got through redownloading the game, recovering my profile and clearing my cache. Played a game and unfortunately the problem still exists. Pretty much sucks to say the least. Hopefully somebody can figure something out or this gets fixed. I sent a question to Ubisoft's support link on their website. I doubt it accomplishes anything, but what the heck?

I thought about doing the marathon session. By my calculations it will take at least 6 hours of nonstop play if not more for me to get to 2000. What I am worried about is the game freezing. It has happened a few times during the loading screen. Would hate to sink several hours into it and have the game freeze. I might give it a try though.

I thought about doing the marathon session. By my calculations it will take at least 6 hours of nonstop play if not more for me to get to 2000. What I am worried about is the game freezing. It has happened a few times during the loading screen. Would hate to sink several hours into it and have the game freeze. I might give it a try though.

6 hours?

How many stars do you need?

I can average about 100 stars in a round in Hunt mode.

Deathmatch or Elimination rounds would probably go even faster.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just seen this thread and thought I'd add my input :)

I too have been stuck on 326 stars for quite a while now, I got up to about a 1000 and (as mentioned before) have come back a different day and it's totally wiped my progress :( I too also tried clearing the cache + redownloading and it made no difference, looks like I'll be sitting 1674 stars in one session.

It's a bit of a shame to be honest cause I've enjoyed this game even though it wasn't properly advertised and there's hardly any players online, I've had a laugh whilst playing it and to have to play for a couple of hours just to finish it off is frustrating.

UPDATE 2011-01-28: Even with extra precaution backing out of online matches, the processing achievements notification still sometimes fails to show up. If you check your achievements, they'll appear saved, but disappear when you exit the game or turn off your system! My new solution (PitA that it is), is to play through an offline game after your online rounds. If need be, just load up a deathmatch and walk away for 15 minutes. When you fully complete the Arcade (offline) Deathmatch, BGT should quick-save all achievement progress.

Heya guys,

I basically signed up to comment. I also had my progress halted. Not only was the 2000 achievement frozen, I was permanently stuck on 6/8 characters, no matter how careful I was to go down the list and play them all.

So here's what I did:

First, I tried playing a practice game. An offline game, by myself, against bots. And you know what? It worked! I crept closer to 2000 stars.

Then I got to thinking about just what it was that made my offline game different. After all, most of my achievements have come from online games. I knew that: 1) I'd been having a lot of games prematurely end due to connection problems. 2) The seems to calculate achievements AFTER the match, when you return to the main menu. So I figured my problem lay in the end-game (because an incomplete game won't earn you anything, right?)

That's when I discovered what I think has been holding me back.

In an offline game, after the match, you're shown the results, who got what stars, and if you'll notice it says hit the BACK button. That doesn't come naturally to me, I'm used to hitting the red B button, trying to get to the lobby/main menu as quick as possible.

So after a match, you have to wait patiently for the results screen. Wait, wait some more. Hope that the host doesn't disconnect you. Now carefully hit the BACK button to return to the lobby/main menu. Don't hit the red B button, it has to be back, I don't know why.

The game doesn't seem to save your stats until you get back to the main screen. Hit back, go to the main screen, and the progress saves.

It sounds simple enough, but ever since I started being real careful about how I return to the main menu after a game, I've been earning achievements fine. Each carefully finished match now brings me closer to 2000 stars. And last night, after an online game, I even got the achievement for playing all eight characters!

TL;DR

After a match, wait for the results screen to load. Be patient. Use the Back button rather than the red button to go back to the main menu, which is when the game calculates achievements. If you have problems, host the game yourself (no disconnects) or play single player offline games.

Edited by Uberachiever

• 2 weeks later...
Christ that's some good work right there if you're correct matey, thanks very much for posting :) this may help people who come here in the future!

No prob, buddy!

Unfortunately, achievements still sometimes don't "set in," they only appear saved until you turn off the system or exit the game.

For now, my pain-in-the-butt solution is to complete an offline Arcade game after your online matches. After an Arcade match, you'll see a "processing achievements" type notice, which appears in the middle of the screen and is gone in the blink of an eye. Then you know that your progress for the day has actually been saved. :)

Edited by Uberachiever

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, I just had this happen to me last night when I turned it off then loaded it up today and I was at 600 and somethin starts after signing off last night with 1300 or so, when you say play an offline arcade match do you mean sign completely out of live by disconnecting the ethernet or just play a game against bots/can still be signed into live?

I mean just play the "Arcade" game mode against bots. You don't have to sign out, or disconnect, or anything.

Make sure you complete the match (start a 15 minute deathmatch and walk away until it's done, if you like), then exit to the main menu afterwards, and look for a brief dark box flash in the middle of the screen that says, "Saving Achievements" or something like that. That's the key. As far as I can tell, unless that message flashes onscreen, the game hasn't saved anything.