PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Star (On the Band Progress Bar)

Napp
11-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Has anyone reached it yet? I'm about half way there. I have a feeling this is what gives you the platinum icon

SebastianSB
11-07-2010, 07:11 PM
That would be awesome. I've really been hoping that the platinum isn't completely gone.

NathAttack
11-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm about a third of the way there, but I haven't been shooting towards it specifically. I'll get it in time.

A platinum icon for that rank would definitely be better than earning it via Endless Setlist.

SebastianSB
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Same here. I'm in absolutely no rush with the achievements/goals in Rock Band 3 because I know I'll be playing it for years.

Echilion
11-07-2010, 09:59 PM
You have to complete every goal to get there, yes?

institutions
11-07-2010, 10:30 PM
You have to complete every goal to get there, yes?

I'm pretty sure the progress bar goes up when you gain fans.
Not sure though.

I've only got 310 million fans so far, and it looks as if it's way over 1 billion for that star D:
Hope we get something good from it :P
EDIT: My estimate of way over 1 billion looks slightly off. It's probably 1 billion or barely over.

Napp
11-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Seeing as goals are added through DLC, you wouldn't HAVE to do all of them but maybe they made it so that you can obtain this without the DLC goals and I would assume you would have to do all of the ones that come with the game to get it..

It looks like 1 billion fans might actually be the cut off. I got about 500 mil and I'm half way there

toops
11-08-2010, 12:16 AM
other forums has said it's the rank "completionist" and you get it for completing all of the goals. it's currently unknown if that includes goals for dlc that you do not own and it's just complete the ones available to you or if it's complete every goal period.

i'm at around 500million fans and am around half way full

institutions
11-08-2010, 04:05 AM
other forums has said it's the rank "completionist" and you get it for completing all of the goals. it's currently unknown if that includes goals for dlc that you do not own and it's just complete the ones available to you or if it's complete every goal period.

i'm at around 500million fans and am around half way full

The goals thing sounds like it could be it.
I hadn't started any goals but the road challenges when I got to this rank, and when I started completing the guitar and bass ones the bar started filling up quickly.

I hope it isn't though, as I suck at expert drums, and any difficulty on vocals or pro keys D:
Plus, i'm not shelling out 280$ for the pro guitar when it comes out. Maybe when I get a job.

lostmotiv
11-08-2010, 04:13 AM
i've also been wondering what happens when you reach it.. i'm a lil under halfway there but not even close to being done with this game :D can't wait for the pro guitar

Fr33701ays
11-08-2010, 04:49 AM
Im approx 3/4 there, and i think i have about 640M but ill check when im done with the HoF for Vox Harm

EDIT: I am about 5/8 to the end, and the fan count is 624,312,576
so 1 Bill sounds very plausible

x352x pH
11-09-2010, 12:19 AM
100% Retail-
Just Cause
GRAW 2(1000/1250)
King Kong
F4:ROTSS
Guitar Hero 2
HALO 3 (1250/1250 possible)+All Vidmasters :D
Clive Barker's: Jericho
Rock Band
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Guitar Hero 3
Rock Band 2
Mirrors Edge :
Left 4 Dead :-----All within 2 weeks :D
Dead Space :

100% Arcade:
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Galaga
UNO

Working on:
ARMY OF TWO(960/1000)
Just so you know there is a possible 1750 gamerscore in Halo 3 not 1250...

Fr33701ays
11-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Just so you know there is a possible 1750 gamerscore in Halo 3 not 1250...

Lol yea i know there is 1750, i have the 1750, i just haven't updated my sig in a while, that list is much larger now.

But i thank you for reminding me.

As stated to x352x my sig is updated.

x352x pH
11-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Lol yea i know there is 1750, i have the 1750, i just haven't updated my sig in a while, that list is much larger now.

But i thank you for reminding me.

As stated to x352x my sig is updated.
lol, no problem :D

ohioman101
11-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Has anyone reached it yet? I'm about half way there. I have a feeling this is what gives you the platinum icon I was just looking through the goals and when I looked at the individual instrument goals, there is a challenge on medium, hard, and expert that are question marks and says I need more fans to unlock. Maybe those challenges will be completing all Rock Band 3 songs in a single setlist on the respective difficulty to unlock the different icons.

institutions
11-09-2010, 11:49 PM
I was just looking through the goals and when I looked at the individual instrument goals, there is a challenge on medium, hard, and expert that are question marks and says I need more fans to unlock. Maybe those challenges will be completing all Rock Band 3 songs in a single setlist on the respective difficulty to unlock the different icons.

I had those when I was doing the Guitar challenges. After I completed the '5 star all Rock Band 3 songs on easy/medium/hard/expert' challenges it showed up as 'Medium/Hard/Expert Hall of Fame Induction'.

It's an 8 song setlist that you need to earn more than 32 stars on to complete.

Capn Doug
11-10-2010, 02:18 AM
I had those when I was doing the Guitar challenges. After I completed the '5 star all Rock Band 3 songs on easy/medium/hard/expert' challenges it showed up as 'Medium/Hard/Expert Hall of Fame Induction'.

It's an 8 song setlist that you need to earn more than 32 stars on to complete.

Actually, all you need to do is pass every song on one instrument to unlock it for that instrument. 5 stars isn't needed, though if you can 5 star every song, you can easily get the 32 stars needed, since it is just 4 star 8 of the hardest songs on the instrument.

Mongolian Beef
06-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Bumpin an old thread! (yay!)

I'm sure some of you have unlocked this by now right?
So how many fans and/or goals did it take?
Completionist every instrument?

THABEAST721
06-19-2011, 03:27 PM
I haven't gotten it yet, but to quote someone from scorehero.com

"All you get for having 1 billion fans is having a completionist rank and you unlock two pieces of clothing, one for males (The one with a bunch of plug sockets and stuff.) and one for females (The one with the fox)"

Skode
06-25-2011, 09:17 AM
I dont think you need "every" challenge to get this but you do need the majority of them so it should be far too expensive for most when you consider how many challenges are based in DLC and Pro instruments etc. Not to mention you dont get new challenges with DLC despite peoples saying otherwise - if your achievement appeared all of a sudden it wasnt because it came with a DLC but because you finally unlocked the minimal requirements to unlock it (ie play X amount of Indie rock RBN songs)

smacd
06-26-2011, 10:54 PM
if you look at the in-game fan leaderboard, there are several people with well over 1 billion fans (at least last time I checked a few months ago).

However, I'd guess that 1 billion is the silver star (judging by where Im at in the bar and my number of fans). And I'd further guess that 1 billion would be the amount for all of the non-DLC goals. So with DLC you could probably break 1 billion without doing everything for the on-disc. Course, just a guess.

I like the goals, try to get them when i can, but I'm not nearly as interested as at least making sure I get all the achievement goals. I found myself making a list of all the DLC I'd need to get all the DLC-related goals, and found too many songs in there I'm just not interested in getting, unfortunately (like the spongebob and gorrilaz and coheed&cambria crap).

Coma White CPW
06-26-2011, 11:32 PM
I am at 995,000,000 something fans...so ready to be done with this! 1250 G yesterday, thank GOD!

Coma White CPW
07-02-2011, 01:03 AM
Just for anyone interested, Completionist doesn't earn anything besides a couple accessories or something for your character, but one cool thing is once you hit a billion, goals earned go from 1.3 mil a piece to 8 to 11 something, depending on what you get.

Skode
07-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Just for anyone interested, Completionist doesn't earn anything besides a couple accessories or something for your character, but one cool thing is once you hit a billion, goals earned go from 1.3 mil a piece to 8 to 11 something, depending on what you get.

Surely when you get to a billion there will be few and far between goals left to conquer anyway - no?

I will never reach completionist myself no matter how much i play the game because so many goals are dedicated to the Pro instruments which i either have no interest in owning or have no interest in playing. Shame really but ive seen what you unlock already and it sure as hell aint enough of a motivation after all these years to throw large sums of money at new instruments yet again and starting from scratch on the learning process (this was the main factor Keys didnt do it for me - spend enough time doing expert on other instruments only to fail Pro Keys on Easy removes my patience in double quick time)

Bl°°dwolf
07-02-2011, 06:11 PM
I jumped in on pro keys tutorials right away when I got it... First set cake. Second set cake. Third set, ok, I can do those with a bit of work no problem. fourth set = wtf?!?!?

Regular keys aren't too bad, other than the tight ass timing and the fact your fingers tend to depress with streak breaking aptitude when you get tired. ;)

Coma White CPW
07-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Surely when you get to a billion there will be few and far between goals left to conquer anyway - no?

Depends on the amount of DLC and export goals you have obtained. I have a good majority of most of the instruments finished, but a few here and there not done...no 5 star all drums and pro drums (Llama) and no 5 star on all keys (Antibodies and Roundabout). Missing the last few tiers of Pro guitar and bass 3 stars, and all of the 5 starring of the pro guitar/bass on hard or expert. My weakness is Pro Keys, in which I am sitting at 37 of 60 something goals. I haven't even completed half of the songs on hard, and none of the sets on expert. It is possible to be a completionist and suck hard at one of the instruments, but you definately will need to do decently well on Pro Guitar and Bass to reach that damn star.

KFCwithgravy
07-06-2011, 01:28 AM
i thoght it was bullshit i spent 6 hours doing that endless setlist and all i got was a stupid hat