PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Kinect Game as of 11/7/10

Blarghinator
11-07-2010, 11:05 PM
I have recently got Kinect and the only game I have is Kinect Adventures as it comes with Kinect. I'm not quite sure what game to get next so I thought I would see what the x360a community finds most interesting.

Please post why you like the game because I may not like what you do. Thanks

Note. I left out Dance Central and Dance Masters because I am definitely not interested in Dancing Games, and I left out Kinect Adventures because anyone who has Kinect most likely has Kinect Adventures. Also, to clear any confusion, by 11/7/10, I mean out of the games released before the date.

AltruismIsDead
11-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Although you might not be interested in Dance Central you still should've left it as an option! (As the topic suggests "What is your favorite Kinect game?" :p )

Anyways, back on topic, I've picked up Fighters Uncaged, Kinectimals, Kinect Sports and Sonic Free Riders. Out of the games so far I had the most fun playing Kinect Adventures, although I've only played that, Kinectimals and Fighters Uncaged.

Heard Sonic & Fighters Uncaged got trashed pretty good in the reviews. I wasn't really planning to pick up Dance Central since I am not interested in it (mainly dancing around looking retarded) but I've begun to change my mind after hearing a lot of good things about it. I was probably in the same boat as you thinking I probably wouldn't like it, but people are saying it's a blast to play.

Blarghinator
11-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Although you might not be interested in Dance Central you still should've left it as an option! (As the topic suggests "What is your favorite Kinect game?" :p )

Anyways, back on topic, I've picked up Fighters Uncaged, Kinectimals, Kinect Sports and Sonic Free Riders. Out of the games so far I had the most fun playing Kinect Adventures, although I've only played that, Kinectimals and Fighters Uncaged.

Heard Sonic & Fighters Uncaged got trashed pretty good in the reviews. I wasn't really planning to pick up Dance Central since I am not interested in it (mainly dancing around looking retarded) but I've begun to change my mind after hearing a lot of good things about it. I was probably in the same boat as you thinking I probably wouldn't like it, but people are saying it's a blast to play.

Yea, well it only aloud 10 choices so i took out the ones that looked least interesting sorry.

x MrsMassacre x
11-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Dance Central is really fun so far.

bathori
11-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Dance central is the best that I've tried.
I am not a dancer at all but this game is really fun.

My wife is liking Biggest Loser best so far.
Due to our work schedules, I haven't seen her play so I can't comment on what its like but she said she enjoys it

DarkReign2021
11-08-2010, 12:49 AM
I don't own the Kinect myself yet, but I've been playing a few games at my buddies place and I have to say I'm really enjoying Kinectimals. Kinect Adventures is fun and Fighters Uncaged is decent once you get the hang of the controls, but Kinectimals has a cutesy little charm to it. Now I'm a 21 year old male and I like my blood and gore and games like Halo and GoW, but I still like to kick back and enjoy some of the more casual games out there like The Sims and Viva Pinata as well. Kinectimals fits well into that category (except not so laid back. I actually have to get up and do physical stuff.

litepink
11-08-2010, 02:34 AM
Whether your interested in dancing or not, Dance Central would be a waaaaaay better choice than half if not practically all of your choices listed. This thread title is a little misleading to me, as I thought we were compiling the site's opinion, rather than "what game should you get next". :/

I'm just going to say what I like rather than vote: Kinect Adventures is my favorite so far, despite x360a's unfavorable review. Having a blast with it so far, looking forward to getting some more achievements in it. Kinectimals I have spent a few hours with and it's fun so far. Nothing revolutionary to report except the fact that the cats are cute as hell! Oh yeah, and there's HALO stuff to unlock in it. Kinect Sports is really fun. Bowling gave me minor frustrations, and for the first time felt like the sensor "didn't get it" but I changed my delivery and it's better now. Soccer was super fun, looking to delve into other events later.

Dance Central was checked out, so my impressions are only based off the demo. Not to knock a demo...but listening to 2 songs gets old, fast. The detection is eerily spot on and you can do a variety of dance moves, even with two songs. The dancing was fun and I'm curious so see what the 30+ songs hold. Really wanted to rent it but it'll have to wait.

Deyankees1
11-08-2010, 07:59 AM
I just played like 3 hours of Kinect Sports at a friends yesterday and it was fun. I really enjoyed it plus looking back at the videos of us playing you would think we were drunk lol. The best kinect game I played. I did play fighters uncaged and Kinect adventures so out of those 3 I picked sports.

Bill 777
11-08-2010, 07:20 PM
This poll will be much more meaningful in about a month. I love Dance Central and Your Fitness is in the mail. I haven't played any other games. Zumba doesn't even come out for another week or so.

I was ordered by CINC-home not to buy anymore games as my birthday and Christmas are coming up soon. :woop:

KFZ Scrubs
11-08-2010, 08:33 PM
So far i only have the game it came with, so that'd be my obvious answer.... BUT I WANT KINECTIMALS!

Dark Apparition
11-09-2010, 02:33 AM
Dance Central by far.

Braiiins
11-09-2010, 03:25 AM
I only own kinect sports and kinect adventures, and really enjoy them both.

I've played demos of dance central and joy ride and they were fun. Joy ride was a lot better/responsive that expected.

I'm really looking forward to child of eden.

newbsicle
11-09-2010, 10:12 AM
I've only played a few games but I like dance central the most so far.

Evo Kazz
11-10-2010, 10:04 AM
We bought it today with Kinect Sports, but I am not allowed to play it as its daughters birthday present so need to wait till weekend. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( :(:(:mad:

Looking at youtube reviews, and community etc, the top games to buy seem to be:

Kinect Adventures
Kinect Sports
Kinectimals
Dance Central
Your Shape Fitness Evolved

The other games have pretty bad reviews, I was looking forward to Fighters Uncaged, but video reviews I have seen it looks awful, and reviews have trashed it also.

NCGrimbo
11-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Since one of the main reasons I bought the Kinect was for the fitness aspects, I voted for "Biggest Loser". Any game that gets me moving and off the couch is a plus.

Bleeding Star
11-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Only played Kinectimals but it was brilliant

Vail13
11-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Kinect adventure is realy fun with friends.... I try biggest loser: the ultimate workout (I dont need to loose weight but....) and it seem to be a real good game for those who are too lazy to go to the gym.

brabbijt
11-11-2010, 10:48 PM
dance central

though i can`t vote for it.

Mariofan141
11-11-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm really digging Kinect Sports. I like Sonic Free Riders too, but you jump a lot and lean your back backwards which is kind of painful. Looking into getting Kinectimals soon. :woop:

Tokin White Guy
11-12-2010, 03:21 AM
I'd say go for Kinect Sports, Dance Central looks like a good game, and sounds easy in theory, but it's not, and frankly I don't enjoy people laughing at me while I try to swing my hips, hahah. My girlfriend loves it, and I'm sure many women will get a kick out of it, but as a man, I say nay. Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures are where it's at. Happy buying.

Maaaahty
11-13-2010, 01:46 AM
I'm genuinely enjoying 'Your Shape' it's responsive and (as an added bonus) gives me a reason to do actual exercise :P

sinista12
11-14-2010, 05:03 AM
Dance Central is the best. Next is Kinect Sports.

Panda
11-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Dance Central is the only game worth getting Kinect for so far. Should have left it as it's the only game that undeniably utilises Kinect properly.

Binaryjam
11-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Got to admit dance central is great and that's just the menu system about the best of the three titles I currently have.

TakahashiDemon
11-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Why no Kinect Adventures? I have Sonic Free Riders but I feel as if its a broken game.. sometimes it doesn't realize I jump at all, trading it in tomorrow for Kinectimals or Dance Central.

Giga
11-14-2010, 09:31 PM
kinect sports and adaventures are lots of fun so far and my son love's the kinect going to be getting Kinectimals next im thinking

Nebthtet
11-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Dance Central and that Ubisoft Fitness thingy are awesome. But be aware you'll be sore in followong days (I was when we previewed this at work hehe).

InfinitiPJ
11-15-2010, 01:36 AM
I only have Kinect Adventures that came with my 360 and it's definitely a game MS shouldn't have included. :(

I'm going to pick up Dance Central at Old Navy's Black Friday sale for $25 :D

Barad
11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
I've only played Kinect Sports round my mates so thats pretty good I guess lol

nhl556
11-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Dance Central. Provides challenge and is a lot of fun when hanging with friends.

Sovereign xx
11-17-2010, 01:17 AM
I would have to say Kinect sports because i love bowling, but i did enjoy the kinect parts on the new harry potter game.

master_shake_350
11-18-2010, 05:10 PM
I have Kinectimals and Kinect Adventures but adventures doesn't work, that means so far my favorite is Kinectimals.

Painkiller Q8
11-19-2010, 03:03 PM
So far I almost played all Kinect games, and all are good, but Sonic Free Ridersis the worst game ever played on Kinect !

I rate it 2/10

thedaydreamkid
11-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Thus far I have 100% Kinectimals and currently working on Kinect Adventures. Kinect sports and Dance Central are still in plastic wrap.

Sooo.....Kinectimals at the moment but ultimately I'm seeing Kinect Sports becoming my fav.

Thomasxo
11-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Kinect Sports is the best for me so far, havent played any of the dance games yet but the sports are super fun with friends! :D

chickenhead87
11-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Dance Central by far is best game followed by kinect sports, sports motion or whatever its called is rubbish. Kinect Adventures is fun my favourite game is the ball one but the leaks are also cool. Adrenaline misfits or Crossboard 7 as its called in Europe is rubbish and havent got round to joyride or sonic and kinectimals was taking too long to get into the actual game so me and my mate stopped that but i suppose once your on it could be fun.

master_ben
11-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Played a few of em and Kinect Sports is the best one, most accurate movement i've found.

RichXbox360
11-21-2010, 06:22 PM
I am currently addicted to Bowling on Kinect Sports! Best thing I ever bought! And Your Shape Fitness Evolved craps on Wii Fit from a great height IMO, best fitness game ever! Last week I worked up a right sweat playing Track and Field on Kinect Sports, and broke the World Record for Javelin throwing, only just though, the record was 7 metres, I managed 7.05 metres.

Also, I downloaded and played the demo of Joyride last week, fun game, and normally I hate driving games!

wozza1971
11-23-2010, 02:36 PM
well i had motion sports but found it rubbish apart from the hang gliding and not worth 40 quid. so traded it and bought kinect sports which is lot's of fun even my other half likes to play it too. and although you dismissed dance central it's by far the most fun game to play. nobody wants to look stupid playing the games. but come on admit it stand in front of a mirror and watch yourself you already look stupid but your having fun right so forget it and embrace the fun.
my only concern is out of the launch games how many are actually any good. kinectimals looks fun but very short lived same with the driving game very simple. so what is the future for kinect there was a lot of fuss made about it getting here and now we have it what's in store for the future? simple party game's or proper add on to enhance our console

Kaktus Fuz
11-24-2010, 11:46 AM
I like Your Shape: FE.
Makes me actually work out and have fun :)

rephen
11-27-2010, 05:32 AM
Definitely Dance Central. But I like switching to Adventures for playing together and Your Shape for real exercise. I haven't got Kinect Sports yet :(.

CyanideSpirit
11-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Kinectimals and Kinect Adventures :)

xTGMx INF3RNO
11-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Joyride is fun. Sonic is very very good.

RichXbox360
11-28-2010, 08:49 PM
I had to replace my copy of Fighters Uncaged last week, the original copy I had wouldn't load.. I'm trying really hard to like the game, but is there any way to just play the game without having to go through the highly annoying tutorials?