PDA

View Full Version : Games that will have Kinect exclusive achievements.

CONKER1182
11-08-2010, 07:49 AM
That new Harry Potter game is the only game I`ve seen so far to have Kinect exclusive achievements. If more games in the future on 360 have Kinect exclusive achievements completionists are screwed unless they get Kinect.

Pixo
11-08-2010, 09:17 PM
I never thought about that. I doubt there will be that many games with Kinect exclusive chievos. It could get pretty bad for the completionists though.

Starstrukk X360A
11-08-2010, 10:35 PM
That's all being discussed here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=273755

Kaktus Fuz
11-14-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm gonna buy kinect anyway so it won't be a problem for me :) but I can see how some completionists won't like this.

rvlution
11-15-2010, 04:39 AM
I'm kinda interested in a Harry Potter game with Kinect now that you mention it lol. Too bad nowhere to rent games around here.

W1cked Seraph
11-15-2010, 05:33 AM
What do you mean Harry Potter has kinect exclusive wouldnt all kinect games have them?

Capn Doug
11-15-2010, 08:35 AM
What do you mean Harry Potter has kinect exclusive wouldnt all kinect games have them?

What they mean is that the new Harry Potter game does not REQUIRE Kinect to play, but it has Kinect support and some achievements require Kinect to get. Something about having spell fights with Kinect or something.

In a point that I make way too often: You are not forced to get all the achievements and you are not forced to play the game. It says right on the box "Enhanced by Kinect" (or something like that), so you know going in that Kinect is involved, though not essential. Just like achievements, I suppose. And out of curiosity, how many completionists do you suppose would not check the achievement list before buying the game? Why are people always complaining for other people? Never, "I'm a completionist and think this sucks," but "The completionists won't like this." If the OP has a problem with it, explain why, but don't hide behind another group for cover.

maur1c1o
11-16-2010, 04:27 PM
They are so smart microsoft will do whatever it takes to get people to buy kinect lol

Capn Doug
11-16-2010, 05:42 PM
They are so smart microsoft will do whatever it takes to get people to buy kinect lol

It has already sold a million units. There are 350,000 people who use this site, and many of them seem to have Kinect anyway, not just for the achievements (though the TA ratio of Kinect adventures is insane). I don't think Microsoft needs Kinect achievements to ship the hardware.

marklynx
08-25-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm not at all surprised here. Anyone recall the Vision Camera? Where some games needed it for some achievements? For example Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise? It's the same story but with a new technology. End up buying the new accessories to have our games completed. What else is new..

Maka
08-26-2011, 06:46 PM
This is no different than Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 needing the Xbox Live Vision camera to take a picture of your face.

It will happen, and I won't be surprised if Forza 4 has a few.

CraziedZombies
08-31-2011, 12:55 PM
This is no different than Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 needing the Xbox Live Vision camera to take a picture of your face.

It will happen, and I won't be surprised if Forza 4 has a few.

Forza 4 has one i believe witch is 10G or 5G witch is to use the kinect in a race