PDA

View Full Version : Possible Strategy for 'multiple player' achievements?

PeRFeCK
11-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't really have time to test this right now, but I thought I'd post here and see what reaction it gets, as lot of people are complaining about not being able to find another person willing to play through all the Free Play levels to get this achievement.

My idea: Trick Kinect into thinking there is a second person playing with you. Does anyone have an old cardboard cut out, or something that could look like a person that you could stand next to you? Obviously some games will be hard to complete with the other person not moving, but it still wouldn't be completely out of the question.

In addition, can anyone confirm the levels need to actually be 'completed'? Perhaps just starting to play it, then backing out to the menu and hitting the next level will work?

Comments? Ideas? Suggestions?

Whiskey Daniels
11-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Doesn't work lol. I have this giant teddy bear that I won at the fair like 5 years ago still laying around and the thing could be mistaken for the size of a 6 year old child and Kinect didn't even attempt to recognize it.

lucazzo
11-08-2010, 07:31 PM
It definitely does NOT work with a dress form wearing a jacket and pants.

Kinect is black magic, I'm telling ya.

Bubbi DK
11-08-2010, 09:09 PM
It definitely does NOT work with a dress form wearing a jacket and pants.

Kinect is black magic, I'm telling ya.

Your just about right..

Check my video where i filmed Kinect with a night vision camera:
YouTube - Kinect filmed with a night vision camera - HD

N30CHAOS
11-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Your just about right..

Check my video where i filmed Kinect with a night vision camera:
YouTube - Kinect filmed with a night vision camera - HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CFoOFZ6ifc)

Cool video ... Bubbi Dk, amazing technology.

Shelton
11-08-2010, 11:47 PM
It tracks your skeleton and (possibly) your body heat. Therefore, if you have a skeleton lying around, you could theoretically encase that in some sort of suit and blow hot air into it. Seems like it would be much easier to just ask a friend though...

PeRFeCK
11-09-2010, 05:37 AM
hmmm ok..how about some other form of trickery?

maybe.......a mirror, or multiple mirrors? after watching that video i guess it wouldn't see anything in the mirror, just the mirror itself blocking/reflecting light.

there's gotta be something! think guys!! :D this is going to be a problem for many kinect games to come ;) anyone have a cloning machine laying around? haaa

Greendisease
11-10-2010, 05:22 AM
Very cool video... and yeah... the infared keeps u from using trickery...

DubNut86
11-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm playing next to a massive mirror, and it will randomly add a 2nd person! Even though i'm the only one in the room!

Spoony Bard
11-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Just get a pizza delivered and lure the guy in front of the Kinect. Be advised that you might have to tip extra.

zalexzy
11-12-2010, 11:21 AM
well, just got "best buds" achievement by putting jacket on hangar with pants tied to jacket strands. Started rallyball and held hangar in my hand.

Lord WarLion
11-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Funny thread, but you can unlock this achievment online, can't you?

lethargicj
11-17-2010, 02:38 AM
Why not just play online legit? It's not time consuming and finding players is easy since it's the one game everybody has. I only played online for an hour a day over the past four days and I got it.

Miles Prower CC
11-17-2010, 08:09 AM
It's funny, using a dummy shouldn't work since Kinect uses infrared and x-rays to see your body. A cardboard cuttous has no skeleton and gives off no heat, so it shouldn't work in theory.

But I deffinitely will say that the Kinect will mistake certain objects in my house, specifically my door as a person for some reason.

KiddingPigeon
11-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Silly kinect when me and my GF starts jumping around all other the place looking like 2 mental health escaped patients on speed, the kinect will sometimes lose one of us, or even weirder clone my avatar?!
This game is not without its bizzare glitches, but on topic i decided to try a lil something and put my leather jacket on my ironing board and turned the heat up in my room, worked just about after about an hour... however the downside is the heat :/

Takeoverfuture
11-18-2010, 09:50 PM
i was surprised to see that my leather chair was recognised as a second player
must've been some body heat still left in it ...

Jimmy Hapa
11-26-2010, 06:40 PM
I can confirm that the hanger method works, just got it--last achievement, too!

I used a hat, large jacket, and dangled a pair of pants under the hanger, started to play the raft mini-game, and after a couple of seconds, the game added a second player. So if you're like me and have no friends in real life, this is the method for YOU to use! I keed, I keed.