PDA

View Full Version : Price cuts, and DLC, and DVD/Blu Ray, Oh my!

MC Kazoo
11-08-2010, 08:43 PM
So for those of you who have held out, Scott Pilgrim is getting a price cut for this weeks DotW, until Nov. 14th I believe. It's going from 10 bucks (800msp) to 5 bucks (400msp). So get to buying!

Also, the Scott Pilgrim vs. The World DVD/Blu Ray drops tomorrow (Nov. 9th)

And you know what the movie release means?! DLC for the game! While no specific date has been released, it has been said it will be around the time of the DVD/Blu Ray release. Visit another thread I made for what the DLC contains here. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266665

Better even, this DLC will only cost 2 bucks (160msp)!

And finally, the creator of the graphic novels has revealed that a collectors box and poster will be released with all the books, or can be bought as a stand alone for those of us who already own all the books.

I dunno about everyone else, but I love Scott Pilgrim. November is shaping up to be an awesome month for fans of the series!

[Waggly Bean]
11-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Yep, logged onto my Xbox this evening and nearly wet myself to see this up on DOTW. Instant buy, and very happy too! :D

Schism
11-08-2010, 09:48 PM
the box set comes out on the 16th? I think so. its got all the books and a badass poster. great news and great game :D picking up the blu-ray movie when i get paid :D

Mellar
11-08-2010, 10:16 PM
After watching the film for the first time last night (I didn't like the trailer so I didn't bother to watch it) I have to admit I was blown away by how good it was! The Blu-Ray doesn't come out until December 27th in the UK, but I pre-ordered it straight after I watched it. Then this morning I found the game half price on the Xbox with DLC on the way. Now I find out about the graphic novel collectors box set! Can it get any better?

Now the question I want to ask is are the graphic novels any good?

Secondly, does anybody know where I can pick up the graphic novel collectors box set in the UK?

Battlefront360
11-08-2010, 10:58 PM
New info on DLC from IGN
http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/08/scott-pilgrim-bonus-content-trailer

L16HTZ
11-09-2010, 12:42 AM
;3715526']Yep, logged onto my Xbox this evening and nearly wet myself to see this up on DOTW. Instant buy, and very happy too! :D Same here,was about to buy it yesterday morning for 800pts but got called into work @ last moment and was too tired to get online @ night.THANK GOD I WAITED LOL

Kramericus
11-09-2010, 01:22 AM
I wonder if this week means tomorrow when most things come out.

Exu
11-09-2010, 01:42 AM
I would assume so, what with it being the movie home release (in America, grr...) and PSN update day.

MADasaHatter
11-09-2010, 01:57 AM
So the dlc comes with drop-in play but not online play, right?

Shame, but still pretty rad. They added 2 more modes including a Vs mode. And Edgar Wright will be signing the dvds tmrw here so I'm trecking down there to get mine tagged up by his genious.

NickDynmo
11-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I wonder if this week means tomorrow when most things come out.

DLC is usually Tuesdays on XBL. XBLA games are Wednesdays.

whitecrusader13
11-10-2010, 03:24 AM
Im downloading this game at the moment, cant wait to play! Hope the DLC will have some good achievements if any.

Kramericus
11-10-2010, 05:14 AM
Im downloading this game at the moment, cant wait to play! Hope the DLC will have some good achievements if any. http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-2232-DLC-Added--Scott-Pilgrim-vs--The-World--The-Game.html

Three achievements according to the PS3 people, assuming its like most arcade game DLC it will be 50 GS total.

MattyHustedUk
11-10-2010, 01:38 PM
dlc isnt up

Exu
11-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Rumour has it it won't hit the 360 until later this month now, even though the trailer said "this week".

Nice to see the online service you pay for can get content up in a timely manner, isn't it?

Kramericus
11-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Rumour has it it won't hit the 360 until later this month now, even though the trailer said "this week".

Nice to see the online service you pay for can get content up in a timely manner, isn't it? I remember the actual game sony had gotten the early release exclusive for, maybe that included early release for the DLC. If it did though Im not sure why the idiot making the trailer wouldnt give the actual date.

Sgt Scyther
11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I found it said somewhere that the DLC will be coming to the 360 "later". Problem is they don't specify when later is. Later this week? This month? This year? Your guess is as good as mine.

Fox Pocket
11-11-2010, 10:20 PM
The delay is due to something on Microsoft's end, similar delays have occurred with the DLC characters for Blazblue: Continuum Shift and Castlvania HD.

Mellar
11-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Hey guys, don't get your hopes up. X360A just released the details of what's coming out in November and there is no mention of Scott Pilgrim:

Game Add-Ons

November 16: “Crackdown 2” The Deluge Pack (Microsoft Game Studios) – 560 Microsoft Points and available worldwide (except Germany)
November 17: “Space Invaders: Infinity Gene” Add-on (Square Enix) – 240 Microsoft Points and available worldwide
November 23: “Mafia II” Joe’s Adventures (2K Games) – 800 Microsoft Points and available worldwide (except Japan and Korea)
November 23: “3D Ultra MiniGolf Adventures 2: Fairy Tales Map Pack” Add-on (Konami) – 240 Microsoft Points and available worldwide (except Japan, Korea, Brazil, South Africa, Slovakia, Australia and New Zealand)
November 30: “Halo: Reach” Noble Map Pack (Microsoft Game Studios) – 800 Microsoft Points and available worldwide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-6845-What-s-On-Xbox-Live-For-The-Rest-Of-November.html

RadiantViper
11-12-2010, 12:31 AM
Hey guys, don't get your hopes up. X360A just released the details of what's coming out in November and there is no mention of Scott Pilgrim: Major Nelson's updates often miss an item or two. That's not a confirmation either way.

T-Hybrid
11-12-2010, 04:07 AM
I remember the actual game sony had gotten the early release exclusive for, maybe that included early release for the DLC. If it did though Im not sure why the idiot making the trailer wouldnt give the actual date.
The game first launched on PS3, with the 360 getting it one or two weeks later. The DLC would likely be the same way.

spectreon
11-12-2010, 11:12 AM
This game was gonna be a day one purchase... luckily my friend, whom I was planning on playing this with, had already downloaded it and informed me co-op was local only. Demo was fun, but no way I was paying $10 for an offline game. Now that its 400 msp It was a no brainer to buy. I enjoy these type of games, but their more fun in 2-4 player mode! Oh well...

Mellar
11-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Major Nelson's updates often miss an item or two. That's not a confirmation either way.

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up. I still don't have any hopes of it being released anytime soon though :mad:

Mgetter
11-13-2010, 01:52 AM
loved the movie, about to get the game. im a bit surprised the movie didnt do so well, it seems to be developing a bit of a cult following. for me, as a gamer, it was amazing. i was worried that it was going to be one of those movies loved by every mainstream schmo, diluting it and having to see it in every hot topic across the nation. man, i was wrong.

MC Kazoo
11-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Last I heard, Sony didn't have a timed exclusive on it, they just didn't want it in the summer of arcade deal. So it had to wait till that was over, which is why it released first on PS3.

Now for the DLC, maybe this is Ubisofts way of giving Micro$oft the finger for waiting on it....I dunno, its the 24th and its not up yet. I'm getting pissed...

SnakeChips
12-31-2010, 04:47 AM
Blah!!! I must have missed the price cut that week. I've been waiting for like the past 2 months for one and guess it's already come and past... Hopefully they'll do it again soon.