PDA

View Full Version : No More Rock Band Music Store?

GILLHUHN
11-08-2010, 08:57 PM
The rock band music store application for 360 doesn't have RB3 downloads any news on if this will be updated?

SebastianSB
11-09-2010, 05:07 PM
No news about this, no.

Pinski
11-10-2010, 06:55 AM
I doubt the RB Music Store will be updated to have RB3 songs in it because all future songs released won't be backwards compatible with RB1 or 2. RB3 has the full fledged Music Store in the game so you don't really need the separate RB Music Store title anyway. I think they are doing it this way so people don't accidentally buy new songs thinking they can use them in RB1 or 2 and finding out later they are incompatible.

bjh_27
11-10-2010, 08:52 AM
I doubt the RB Music Store will be updated to have RB3 songs in it because all future songs released won't be backwards compatible with RB1 or 2. RB3 has the full fledged Music Store in the game so you don't really need the separate RB Music Store title anyway. I think they are doing it this way so people don't accidentally buy new songs thinking they can use them in RB1 or 2 and finding out later they are incompatible.

exactly what I understood was happening

SebastianSB
11-10-2010, 02:50 PM

Your logic is flawed. The Rock Band Music Store application for 360 has you select what game you're buying DLC for and only shows songs that are compatible for that game, including Lego Rock Band and Beatles Rock Band. There's absolutely no reason they couldn't add a Rock Band 3 option.

MaddB00tleg
11-10-2010, 02:53 PM
I think it will come eventually. They have a full plate right now until they can get all the basic functions working correctly (I'm looking at you exports!)

ChunkyMonkey2o
11-11-2010, 04:17 AM
Does the Rock Band Music Store cover RBN songs? That might be another reason for Harmonix to either update or discard it.