PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy this game used? (New vs used discussion)

fastNcurious
11-08-2010, 10:37 PM
I have a different question than the person who asked why they should buy this game on day one.

Does anyone think there is a benefit to buying this game new (vs used)? With some EA games (like BFBC2, MoH), you get a code with a new purchase and it gives you free access to some DLCs. I don't recall anything similar with AC or AC2 (both of which I bought new). I do remember that Splinter Cell Conviction (another Ubisoft game, and one that I bought new) had free DLCs with a new purchase.

I haven't found anything online to suggest that AC:B will have anything that would make it worthwhile to buy it new. Anyone know anything different?

Thanks in advance.

Marnit
11-08-2010, 10:46 PM
unless you are planning to buy it for the ps3, nope
the ps3 had release day free dlc (wich might be the old 10$ thingy)

though most pre orders do come with 1 bonus map and mplay character, that you obviously dont get from a used copy

Quickdraw
11-13-2010, 06:39 PM
I have a different question than the person who asked why they should buy this game on day one.

Does anyone think there is a benefit to buying this game new (vs used)? With some EA games (like BFBC2, MoH), you get a code with a new purchase and it gives you free access to some DLCs. I don't recall anything similar with AC or AC2 (both of which I bought new). I do remember that Splinter Cell Conviction (another Ubisoft game, and one that I bought new) had free DLCs with a new purchase.

I haven't found anything online to suggest that AC:B will have anything that would make it worthwhile to buy it new. Anyone know anything different?

Thanks in advance.

i recon you can play this as a used game, last time they released the black box limited maps as dl, i would be highly surprised not to see this happen again, theres a quote somewhere saying something like "we want everyone to experience all the dlc for assassin's creed 2" and they did that.

it may take several months done the line but i think they will, all dlc stuff will be the 2nd or last things they release, they even did a deal with the dlc and both mission packs which i bought and was well happy with.

Grado
11-14-2010, 02:29 PM
buy it used but u might have to wait mabe a week - a month for it to become used