PDA

View Full Version : Well Connected - It is now unlocking

Falk3r
11-09-2010, 12:48 AM
After (nearly) a couple weeks of a buggy Rockband.com, it appears they've got their stuff together. This pesky achievement has finally unlocked for me. Can anyone else confirm?

x352x pH
11-09-2010, 12:52 AM
its been hit or miss for everyone as far as ive heard. i got mine the day after the site was "up"

A CATSHOVEL
11-09-2010, 12:58 AM
After (nearly) a couple weeks of a buggy Rockband.com, it appears they've got their stuff together. This pesky achievement has finally unlocked for me. Can anyone else confirm?
Me. too.

marcphx
11-09-2010, 02:17 AM

Same here. It's nice to see that my gamerscore doesn't look eww anymore.

mikachu93
11-09-2010, 02:27 AM
Got mine today, around 6 EST. I linked my account maybe three or four days ago, so it wasn't too bad.

Fr33701ays
11-09-2010, 02:33 AM
linked my account like 4 days ago, and it unlocked later on, bout 3 hours later

Lucent Beam
11-09-2010, 03:05 AM
Same here. It's nice to see that my gamerscore doesn't look eww anymore.

My score is eww from multiple games that I can't seem to even it out anyway. :(
I hope I do before 50k so I can get it exactly.

mikachu93
11-09-2010, 03:09 AM
My score is eww from multiple games that I can't seem to even it out anyway. :(
I hope I do before 50k so I can get it exactly.
I think the two most epic gamer scores I've ever gotten were 11111 and 22222, all thanks to Forza 2, before somebody was generous enough to donate the cars I needed to even my score back out.

I actually took pictures with my phone, so I could show my friends.

andami
11-09-2010, 04:00 AM
My info on Rockband.com finally updated a few hours ago, so I should be getting this achievement when I start up Rock Band 3 later tonight or tomorrow :)

para182
11-09-2010, 08:47 AM
I finally got it took 3 days wohooo now time for some black ops :D

Tao Jian Min
11-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Great News! did not unlock for me till now, will see later when i come home from work

bigsilentrob
11-09-2010, 10:15 AM
I think the two most epic gamer scores I've ever gotten were 11111 and 22222, all thanks to Forza 2, before somebody was generous enough to donate the cars I needed to even my score back out.

I actually took pictures with my phone, so I could show my friends.

I've had 22222 and I also had 44444 over the weekend. Once I get this achievement to balance things out, maybe I can hit 55555 when the time comes around.

ooh ahh mcgrath
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
I finally got mine linked yesterday,played the game and looked on the leaderboards an that,switched it off for an hour then when i went back on it unlocked at the main menu.I've never been so glad to see a achievement unlock before.

NightJables
11-09-2010, 12:43 PM
it is defo unlocking now, if you have already linked your account it should ask you again do it and it will unlock the goal online then go onto rock band 3 and as soon as you hit start it pops :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::w oop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woo p::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop: :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::w oop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woo p::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop: :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::w oop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woo p::woop:

ponypo2001
11-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Well, you're all very lucky cause it still say's I'm linked but no achievement and no stats on the page and it's been like this over a week now. Piss poor to be honest.

davepeck
11-09-2010, 04:59 PM
unlocked for me finally last night. my game actually completely froze at the start of a song, and i had to power down my xbox. when i loaded it back up, i got the achievement.

M4ster Pr0phet
11-09-2010, 05:11 PM
I had to unlink and relink my account once I originally linked my RB3. Even after that, it took about 24 hours for it to be recognized on my RB3 when I was playing it. However, that six point nightmare of an achievement is finally done.

Phrozenspite
11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
would any of you that already have the achievement be willing to unlink and link my code and gamertag up? I'm still not able to register an acct on rockband.com, pm me

Dustinator
11-09-2010, 06:03 PM
No achievement has popped for me yet :(

MartyMcFly
11-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Well, you're all very lucky cause it still say's I'm linked but no achievement and no stats on the page and it's been like this over a week now. Piss poor to be honest.

For you, and those experiencing this, you have to Unlink your game.

If you are already linked but it's saying "We haven't seen you play Rock Band 3 yet!" That means you need to Unlink your profile.

Once you unlink it, relink it up again. This time around your stats will show up at least. BUT, you still have to wait for the next time the server updates to get your achievement.

I just relinked yesterday afternoon and got no achievement. I'll try when I get home from work tonight and hopefully it will pop!

ponypo2001
11-09-2010, 06:29 PM
For you, and those experiencing this, you have to Unlink your game.

If you are already linked but it's saying "We haven't seen you play Rock Band 3 yet!" That means you need to Unlink your profile.

Once you unlink it, relink it up again. This time around your stats will show up at least. BUT, you still have to wait for the next time the server updates to get your achievement.

I just relinked yesterday afternoon and got no achievement. I'll try when I get home from work tonight and hopefully it will pop!

Ok, I'll give that a try. I can see how that would work actually so fingers crossed. I'll post back with my results. Cheers.

EDIT : Fail already. Say's my code is already in use so I now can't relink. FFS.

NightJables
11-09-2010, 06:33 PM
unlink your account then re-link it make sure your on the dashboard when you do then when you have linked it load up the game and it should unlock when you hit start

ponypo2001
11-09-2010, 06:44 PM
unlink your account then re-link it make sure your on the dashboard when you do then when you have linked it load up the game and it should unlock when you hit start

Too late for me, my code is fucked now and I can't relink at all. This is pathetic.

MartyMcFly
11-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Too late for me, my code is fucked now and I can't relink at all. This is pathetic.

Are you sure you're unlinking first, and not just trying to link your game for the first time?

Also, are you already registered with a username on rockband.com? If you are then you should be doing this: Login on rockband.com, go to My Gameplay, if it says you're linked but show nothing you have to look around for the unlink button. Unlink your profile. Then go back to the homepage, go to Link Up, type in the code and gamertag, then it may ask you to register or login (if you're not already), choose to Login, then it should link up fine.

It's not possible for your "code to be fucked". It will only say it's in use if you have your profile linked. You need to unlink it first. Logging out on the website doesn't mean unlink. The linking code is specifically assigned to your gamertag alone. It's not possible for it to be used by anyone but yourself.

I hope that helps.

ponypo2001
11-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Are you sure you're unlinking first, and not just trying to link your game for the first time?

Also, are you already registered with a username on rockband.com? If you are then you should be doing this: Login on rockband.com, go to My Gameplay, if it says you're linked but show nothing you have to look around for the unlink button. Unlink your profile. Then go back to the homepage, go to Link Up, type in the code and gamertag, then it may ask you to register or login (if you're not already), choose to Login, then it should link up fine.

It's not possible for your "code to be fucked". It will only say it's in use if you have your profile linked. You need to unlink it first. Logging out on the website doesn't mean unlink. The linking code is specifically assigned to your gamertag alone. It's not possible for it to be used by anyone but yourself.

I hope that helps.

I went to "UNLINK" and it said "you are now unlinked". I think that means I unlinked properly yeah? I'm not having a go at you mate, I'm venting at HMX. It clearly said I was unlinked but I cannot relink as the code is classed as being used. It even says when I'm logged in that I've not linked. I'm not the only one either apparently but HMX are doing nothing to help us out.

EDIT :- Slightly different error now. I tried relinking not signed in on LIVE and this time I get the famous "rocked too hard" message. At least it's a different way of saying "piss off" :/

MartyMcFly
11-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Hmm, well I really don't know what else is left to suggest. That's the first I've heard that someone said their code was used even though they weren't linked up.

I can only think to just try to start from scratch. Go to the website like it's the first time, link up, register with a new username and such on the website, and see if that works. If then the code is still shot, then Rockband web support needs to help you.

RealistIdealist
11-09-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm still trying to register online and I keep getting the "We rocked too hard" message. It seems like no matter what time of the day I do it I get the message (I've done it at 6 a.m., 11 a.m., 11 p.m., and 2-4 a.m. before and get the damn message every time. Has anyone been successful in registering?

Didi Mau
11-09-2010, 10:37 PM
And to add extra pointless, possibly patronising advice; you're definitely entering the correct code aye?

My code consisted of an 8 and two B's; good luck reading that shit on a non-HDTV. Took me several attempts to even get the code right.

Welsh Phoenix
11-09-2010, 10:57 PM
I haven't managed to even link yet, still getting the "Rocked too hard" message.

ponypo2001
11-10-2010, 12:14 AM
And to add extra pointless, possibly patronising advice; you're definitely entering the correct code aye?

My code consisted of an 8 and two B's; good luck reading that shit on a non-HDTV. Took me several attempts to even get the code right.

Yup. I WAS linked originally but it always said "waiting to see you play RB3". It was advised to me to unlink then relink it. There's a few posts on their official forums with the same problem but still no luck with it being sorted. I've just finished the career mode and have tons of goals done and there is no way in hell I'm starting over for 6g.

Red Testament
11-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Still waiting for the site to allow me to register. "Rocked Hard" is all I am getting. Guess I'll play some CoD: BO for a few days and maybe the site will be working by then.

DETlions4life
11-12-2010, 09:23 PM
i got it linked 5 days ago it started to have updates 2 days ago but still no achv. :( any one have some ideas?

Lucent Beam
11-14-2010, 02:51 AM
My stats are updating on the site since two days ago but no achievement yet. Hrrrrm.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, my stats are way out of date... so I guess its not "really" updating. :(

EDIT 11/15: Ok, so they are updated now as of my playing last night.... but no achievement yet. *waits, waits waits*

NikkiLove
11-14-2010, 03:39 AM
I'm experiencing the same issue...my account seems to be linked fine on the site, but no achievement pop for me.

mikachu93
11-14-2010, 04:13 AM
I'm experiencing the same issue...my account seems to be linked fine on the site, but no achievement pop for me.
Same happened for me at first. Didn't take more than maybe three for the achievement to pop when I loaded up the game, so I'd expect the achievement to pop at any second for the rest of you.

Also, loving the Saren pics. I love Mass Effect; can't wait for the last game.

MachineZed
11-14-2010, 04:29 AM
So my weirdness, every time I go to load the site. I try to log in pretty sure I had an account for RB2, but it takes a second and all I get is the back ground, nothing else, nothing to click, no where to enter anything. Firefox says it is done, I even attempted to go there on IE, then washed. I then tried to reload and get a different back ground but still no site.
I can clear my cache, and that gets everything back but I can't log in. I don't really want to make a new account. I use my user name in nearly everything.

reelbigmartin
11-14-2010, 09:22 AM
So its not just my account thats not linking staright away then? Phew

StumpyFlesh
11-14-2010, 10:30 AM
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/2385/39166828.png (http://img686.imageshack.us/i/39166828.png/)

GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

hydroxyde
11-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Linked my account when the site first came up, my stats show up fine but still no achievement popping up.
*sigh*

If they're going to be horrible and put 4/6 point achievements, they could at least make sure it works first.

sleepynow
11-14-2010, 04:45 PM
literally just unlocked...I linked, unlinked, etc...the same stuff everyone has tried. Usually when it says Press Start, I hit the green button. I just pressed start this time, and there it was. It would be kinda dumb if that's the secret....

MuscularTea
11-14-2010, 07:24 PM
mines weird too i've been linked for a while and it's uploading stats but I guess ill just try again later and probably try the unlink and link again thing.

Coma White CPW
11-14-2010, 09:47 PM
There is hope. I think it just does it on it's own whenever it feels like it. Although my stats on rockband.com are 60 million short of my in game fans, the achievement decided to pop this afternoon when I turned on the console. Still waiting to see if the site updates my stats. I have earned probably 50 goals in the past few days and it is only showing things from late last week.

CyanideSpirit
11-15-2010, 01:59 AM
I still haven't gotten this achievement, everytime i put my code it says something is wrong, im putting in everything right, and this is just crap :( haha

twitchinmonkey
11-15-2010, 01:38 PM
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/2385/39166828.png (http://img686.imageshack.us/i/39166828.png/)

GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Know the feeling, just sent a "what's taking so damn long" email to harmonix support...

N1RVANA
11-15-2010, 04:19 PM
yeh I am getting the same message, no achievement

SkinnyBin
11-15-2010, 05:08 PM

I hope that helps.

Right I must be being really dumb as I cant find any of these options. I linked my game but no achievo. Now how do I unlink? You say go to "my gameplay" but where abouts do I find that option? Very confused by the whole thing!

Thanks in advance

StumpyFlesh
11-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Know the feeling, just sent a "what's taking so damn long" email to harmonix support...

To everyone that is unable to link on the website, try changing your "Desired Username" to something different than what you have been using before...for instance, I was using my gamertag as my desired username, and it would not allow me to register; I input all my information using my GT as my desired username about 20 times and it didn't work. I tried using a different username and it worked the first time. Give it a shot and spread the news.

institutions
11-16-2010, 12:16 AM
To everyone that is unable to link on the website, try changing your "Desired Username" to something different than what you have been using before...for instance, I was using my gamertag as my desired username, and it would not allow me to register; I input all my information using my GT as my desired username about 20 times and it didn't work. I tried using a different username and it worked the first time. Give it a shot and spread the news.

Holy shit you are a genious.
I JUST tried it with my GT as my desired username but got the rocked too hard message.
Then I came back here to see if everyone was still having this problem.
Read your post and tried a new username.
BAM. Worked first try.

Thank you so much.

StumpyFlesh
11-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Holy shit you are a genious.
I JUST tried it with my GT as my desired username but got the rocked too hard message.
Then I came back here to see if everyone was still having this problem.
Read your post and tried a new username.
BAM. Worked first try.

Thank you so much.

You're most welcome my friend. I can't claim credit for this, another guy recommended it, but spread the news that this works. I know a lot of people are really frustrated (I certainly was).

twitchinmonkey
11-16-2010, 02:35 AM
Thanks a lot, I'm glad I was finally able to get this done.
I can't believe that's all it took, (they couldn't just put that info on the "rocked too hard" page?).

StumpyFlesh
11-16-2010, 03:34 AM
Thanks a lot, I'm glad I was finally able to get this done.
I can't believe that's all it took, (they couldn't just put that info on the "rocked too hard" page?).

You bet. Yeah, that would be way too easy though.

Flame Sama
11-16-2010, 05:04 AM
What is the linking code? I can't read it on my TV and this is starting to piss me off.

mikachu93
11-16-2010, 05:32 AM
What is the linking code? I can't read it on my TV and this is starting to piss me off.
Different for every person.

dr thon
11-16-2010, 06:01 AM
im a huge rockband fan but is this new game worth buying?

bigsilentrob
11-16-2010, 10:32 AM

This is what I just did and it worked!!! It's about damn time!!!

KeepEmRolling
11-16-2010, 01:38 PM

Thanks! I switched my desired user name, and registered, linked and got the achievement first try. :)

StumpyFlesh
11-16-2010, 05:29 PM
This is what I just did and it worked!!! It's about damn time!!!
Thanks! I switched my desired user name, and registered, linked and got the achievement first try. :)

Glad to help fellas.

AlmightyZing
11-16-2010, 06:09 PM

Didn't work for me. STILL getting rocked out too hard. I guess I'll keep trying different usernames...

Edit: Worked with the 2nd different username I tried. Thanks!

mikachu93
11-16-2010, 07:30 PM
im a huge rockband fan but is this new game worth buying?
Was this really the thread to ask? Kind of off-topic, no?

This game is absolutely worth the purchase, if you like the setlist.

SkinnyBin
11-17-2010, 04:21 PM
How do I change my user name? Do I need to create a new account?