PDA

View Full Version : has anyone been able to register on rockband.com

Phrozenspite
11-09-2010, 04:13 AM
Or is that still down? i see that people are able to link up but i see a lot still getting the rocked too hard msg which I think is the result of trying to register new accounts.

Mr Anarchy Duck
11-09-2010, 04:25 AM
don't feel bad i'm in the same boat as you.

PurpleSkwid
11-09-2010, 04:55 AM
I registered and linked my account a few hours ago with no problems.

Haven't seen the error message since the weekend.

pestyoverlord
11-09-2010, 05:14 AM
I keep getting an error page too. I emailed harmonix Friday but no response yet.

dethklok2006
11-09-2010, 06:33 AM
I haven't been able to register for an account, link my gamertag, or anything at all since the game was released. I keep getting a code not valid or my gamertag is not valid error message. Anyone have a clue on a fix yet? I also can't export my rock band 2 songs either, my rb 1 song automatically showed up, whats going on here?!!!!!

ThatsFatalFury
11-09-2010, 08:14 AM
I was able to connect my tag to rockband.com. I signed up no problem and then was hit with a "rocked too hard" message and refreshed once. I was brought to my new profile that listed all the goals I've completed. Then after playing a few songs (in a setlist, if that helps) I got the Well Connected achievement.

I think it's just a luck of the draw. Try making an account on different hours of the day, and once you get the "rocked too hard" message refresh a couple times before trying again later.

dethklok2006
11-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Well the problem I seem to keep running into is that I can't can't get stupid harmonix to send me the conformation email so I can finish setting up my account, I did get it linked finally but no cheevo, I think Because I can't get the message in my email, god damn this is getting really annoying. I have played 5 three song sets and it still won't unlock

Tao Jian Min
11-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I linked and it tracks me on the Webpage, but the Achievement won´t unlock :(

ooh ahh mcgrath
11-09-2010, 05:46 PM
I got this achievement yesterday after trying to get my account linked for days,i kept getting the 'we rocked too hard'screen after putting my code and gamertag in.So i tried clicking on the link at the bottom of the page that says rockband.com and it took me to the proper site where i registered and put in my linking code.I then went on RB3 for 10mins and looked on the leaderboards and that and nothing happened so i turned it off for a while and then when i put it back on it unlocked the achievement for me saying 'well connected goal achieved'.

Dustinator
11-09-2010, 06:00 PM
I linked and it tracks me on the Webpage, but the Achievement won´t unlock :(

Yeah, I've done this and no achievement yet
I tried clicking on the link at the bottom of the page that says rockband.com and it took me to the proper site where i registered and put in my linking code.I then went on RB3 for 10mins and looked on the leaderboards and that and nothing happened so i turned it off for a while and then when i put it back on it unlocked the achievement for me saying 'well connected goal achieved'.

Done this too for the past few days and nothing has worked. HMX really effed this one up. It's been TWO WEEKS now. So much for a few hours or a few days. My patience has run out. I expect to get this by Thanksgiving :mad: It's just annoying for something like this to be happening right out of the launch day and not fixed for everyone yet

Red Testament
11-10-2010, 01:01 AM
I've lost track at about 25+ times I've tried to register, lol.

sleepingrhino
11-11-2010, 11:57 PM
I still can't get this thing to pop... Anyone else having any luck?

FiendishDoctrWu
11-12-2010, 12:02 AM
I linked mine earlier this week and didn't have any problems. I'd suggest to keep trying and maybe it will link eventually.

RealistIdealist
11-12-2010, 12:11 AM
I've lost track at about 25+ times I've tried to register, lol. I'm definitely somewhere near the 100's zone. I enter maybe 10 times per day but keep getting "rocked too hard" and it's been nearly two weeks now...

Failboatz
11-12-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm definitely somewhere near the 100's zone. I enter maybe 10 times per day but keep getting "rocked too hard" and it's been nearly two weeks now...

Exactly in the same boat as you, mate. I try it many times each day and I'm never able to register. I linked my account on the website without problems (didn't register), but the goal/achievement won't unlock ingame.

Kellwolf9E
11-12-2010, 05:44 AM
How screwed up is this? I logged on to Rockband.com....and my account was ALREADY linked! Who knows how long it's been linked, but I never did it with the code from the game. No achievement, so I unlinked it, put the code in and re-linked it. Nothing yet, but I haven't played since I did it. Probably have to do something with the game to get it to access Rock Central and notice the game is linked.

iruhlman
11-12-2010, 07:10 PM
ok... unlocked the xheevo yesterday. I'll try and recall my steps...

Goto RB.com and unlink yourself (i was already linked as well?). Change your password (not sure this is needed). Launch RB3 game and write down the code from your profile menu (start or back button, can't remember which) to then be entered into the website from My Gameplay/settings/linking. Sign out of Live and back in and as soon as RB3 loads your save file the achievement popped for me.

Hope this helps someone....

ponypo2001
11-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Still nothing working for me. Apparently my code is still in use. HMX won't respond to forum posts or emails so they obviously don't give a shit. I've been loyal since day 1 but this is pissing me off so much now I could cry tears of blue paint.

Lou Keymia
11-13-2010, 01:12 PM
I'd try to link it again for the 30th time but the fucking Rock Band site is down. Again.

Red Testament
11-13-2010, 07:46 PM
If I could just register then I feel like some progress would be made. I'm going to wait until Monday and try to register from the school's computers. Maybe it just doesn't like my IP.

mikachu93
11-13-2010, 07:58 PM
HMX won't respond to forum posts or emails so they obviously don't give a shit.
That, or they can't fix ten million and one users' problems at once.

RealistIdealist
11-14-2010, 01:46 AM
That, or they can't fix ten million and one users' problems at once.

The fact they don't even tell users what's going on (and I mean ANY USERS) is quite annoying. I mean if they said "We're still attempting to blah blah blah" would be useful and I'd accept it. But I hate how they don't seem to address the community about what's going on sometimes. This and the reason why some songs are missing just really piss me off, even just to say anything on the subject would be a relief.

StumpyFlesh
11-14-2010, 10:32 AM
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/2385/39166828.png (http://img686.imageshack.us/i/39166828.png/)

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sucks.

Red Testament
11-15-2010, 07:52 PM
I finally got to register. All I did was change my desired username. I tried using the same username as my gamer tag about 100 times. The first time I change it to something else it goes through. I don't know if that's just me or if it will work for anybody else.

ZombieJediMastr
11-15-2010, 08:13 PM
I finally got to register. All I did was change my desired username. I tried using the same username as my gamer tag about 100 times. The first time I change it to something else it goes through. I don't know if that's just me or if it will work for anybody else.

Thank you for posting this. I was using my gamertag as well and used a different name and it worked! Thanks so much!

Red Testament
11-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Thank you for posting this. I was using my gamertag as well and used a different name and it worked! Thanks so much!

You are very welcome. :)

StumpyFlesh
11-16-2010, 12:07 AM

Thank you, sir...worked the first time.

pestyoverlord
11-17-2010, 02:26 AM
Holy hell. I kept trying to register with 2 usernames I entered when linking first went live. Every time I rocked too hard. Tried a completely different username(I used random words). Register and linked like nothing was wrong.:Bounce:

Stupid sh!t. That was driving me crazy.

Thanks Red. At first I thought it just had to be different from the gamertag, looks like it needed to be completely different. lol

Red Testament
11-17-2010, 03:38 AM
Lol, well, I'm glad my little experiment worked and can be used. I honestly didn't think that something so trivial as changing my username would be it, but at more than 100+ attempts I figured it was worth a try. The achievement unlocked randomly for me today. I played a few songs and it just unlocked after playing one.

Lucent Beam
11-17-2010, 04:08 AM
I'm confused... people who are changing their names:
Is it to get past the "Rock Too Hard" screen, or is it once you are already linked + updating stats but no achievement?

Because now my account is linked and updated, but no achievement still. Wondering if I should unlink/relink etc.

Sprinkles
11-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Just keep trying to register and I was able to do it after registering and not playing rock band for the day and it work without a problem. Maybe register when you go to bed and than wake up and you should have it.

The_Damien
11-17-2010, 06:43 AM
Just got the achievement. Like a lot of you, my Rock Band 3 was already linked to my account despite me never actually linking. I waited a few days figuring I would eventually get it, but I never did. I tried something, got it tonight, here's how:

1. Go to Rockband.com and sign in.
2. Go to My Gameplay > Settings > Linking
3. Unlink your account.
4. Sign out of Rockband.com
5. Write down your Rock Band 3 linking code.
6. If you're on Xbox Live, sign out and go to the Dashboard.
7. Sign up for a new account, on the screen check the box that says "I want to link to Rock Band 3" and enter your code.
8. Check your e-mail, activate your new account.
9. Sign in to Xbox Live and start up Rock Band 3.
10. That's it. I got mine after I went to the main menu and DLC was found.