PDA

View Full Version : My nightmare run through

jac0b187
11-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Ive been running through on Nightmare, at first i couldnt do it at all, i was stuck on E1M3, but now ive been going through it quite a lot. Im looking to make my live rank go up as far as i can get it, so im trying to get 100% K/I/S, its not as hard as i first thought. What i found to be really helpful was to make sure i have no saves on my save list so i deleted them all (ive already finished the game on UV with 100% K/I/S) and i loaded the first mission, i saved the mission start as the first save and then i used up the other 9 save points for the mission. After every room that i managed to pass with full K/I/S and took a small amount of damage, i would save, and i would repeat this for every room, then when i had filled up the save points i would start saving over the previous save points (not the first save point) untill i finished the mission, then i would repeat the process. Using this process i have managed to finish E1 with 100% K/I/S, E2 (except 3 missions which im going back to get a secret which i had forgot about) with 100% K/I/S and just yesterday i finished E3 with 100% K/I/S, im not planning on going through on E4 yet as that is really hard because of the extra damage the monsters do on E4. Ive been trying to go as fast as i can and ive managed to pull off a 41st place on the leaderboards, i was like 3000 once i had finished UV on 100% K/I/S.

mynameistrain
11-10-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm actually dreading finishing it on Nightmare, like i finished it already on Hurt Me Plenty, not looking for any secrets or stuff but getting them if I come across them. Still, it took me a few days to finish it on HMP, i'm so ashamed!! :eek:

jac0b187
11-11-2010, 10:26 AM
It took me a while to finish the game the first time as well, but now that i know where everything is i can do nightmare a bit faster, im not speedrunning, im just killing everything that i can.

I tried E4M1 yesterday i managed to finish it on Nightmare with 100% K/I but only 50% S, it only took me an hour of going back and forth through saves, i cant finish the last secret without getting horded and dying everytime. But i cant do E4M2 at all so im leaving it at that, the maps for E4 are just to compressed so its harder to travel around the map without being shot and getting killed.