PDA

View Full Version : What kind of deck are you using?

duelingk
11-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Just wondering what people are using so far as decks. I know that currently there isnt anything fancy being made yet. If you want, type out some deck lists too.

Im using the default with a monarch, some offensive cards thrown in, and 5 tuners + 5 synchros.

blazinfighter27
11-09-2010, 03:13 PM
I personally am trying to use a Gladiator Beast deck (the default garbage is filling up the lose ends) having fortunately for me I was able to get the 2 main fusions Heraklinos and Gyzarus

JPX Brutality
11-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Currently using a dark/light deck. I have a slew of Powerful 4 star dark monsters with some strong light monsters as well because my favorite card so far has the ability to be summoned by removing one dark and one light card from your graveyard and it can destroy a card on the field. Its working very well because of all the dark effects of monsters. I also have the six samurai cards in working and I have the remove cards from play instead of graveyard in combo with the return some number of cards from play to deck and gain +some number of attack and defense. I can win about 1 of every 3 easily.

Apollo312
11-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Right now I am using a rather weak Beatdown deck due to the lack of good cards (I need mirror force!). I am going to add a few tuner and Synchro monster in the future.

Edit: I actually would like to make a Quickdraw Dandywarrior deck but there is no Quickdraw Synchron... I really hope the developers are going to release this key card.

Prince Yumil
11-09-2010, 09:01 PM
A Dark deck with
DAD
Dark Creator
Gorz

Allure of darkness

and a mix of dark monsters atm.

got 2 d draws so if i could just get plasma, dasher, malicious id be a happy chappy

captain host
11-09-2010, 09:21 PM
A Dark deck with
DAD
Dark Creator
Gorz

Allure of darkness

and a mix of dark monsters atm.

got 2 d draws so if i could just get plasma, dasher, malicious id be a happy chappy i have a dark deck to :D love the game!

Skoda
11-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Got a really good monarch deck with jinzos in just need to get 3 raiza so I can replace my 3 granmarg but it doing really well online won about 12 in a row would of been more but had around 6 people quit only been online today and I up at 608 before set off for work 20 mins ago

Nazka Asmodeus
11-09-2010, 10:41 PM
I use a Dark Simorgh lock deck! Haven't played much online tho, I've been busy unlocking cards... XD

But the deck have served me well so far, I practically never lose against AI opponents! :)

Pegasus Tenma
11-10-2010, 02:12 AM
right now im using a so so deck.. im trying to build my old gadget deck but i have a long way to go

i love anime
11-10-2010, 02:22 AM
trying to make a tele-dad deck, but i don't have a dad-dark armed dragon or a dasher or a reinforcements of the army and need 1 more d-draw.

also trying to make a yubel deck but i don't have the last form plus i need 1 more of the first 2 forms.

captain host
11-10-2010, 06:18 AM
I use a Dark Simorgh lock deck! Haven't played much online tho, I've been busy unlocking cards... XD

But the deck have served me well so far, I practically never lose against AI opponents! :) i went to see what this card does,its completly insane O.o i want to try it now!

hydrosugar
11-10-2010, 07:21 AM
right now im using a trap heavy/syncro deck. i fit an unneccesary amount of syncro monsters in the extra deck(13, many multiples, still only covers 6 star 7 star and 8 star)

it somehow deleted so i just made another one now with 17 monsters(none requiring tribute) 10 spells and 13 traps. i tried to make a deck where i would rarely be stuck with a card that couldnt defend me in some way.

pretty much every card is a dark monster and i tried to make a dark deck and succeded for th most part with field spells and all, but i think i lost it somehow and now until i get a jinzo im not chaning my deck

yesterday i finnaly got my first possible card to ritual summon, but i might wait even though im a fan of rituals EDIT: although with the syncro 80% of the time the monster i summon is dark strike fighter. occasionally iron chain dragon if i have a six star total but its usually seven

Kinky Buns
11-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Well seeing as how I stopped watching Yu gi oh like 9 years ago I don't really know good strategies for making a deck. My main deck consists of Destiny Hero and Elemental Hero cards and some 4 star cards with really high defense. My strategy is pretty much wearing down my opponents deck to zero and winning. I have abunch of spell cards that cost the opponent to force draw each turn and discard from an over full hand. Oh and I threw in a Final Countdown card just to be sure haha

Chain energy is also a must as well. If my opponent is drawing 2-3 cards a turn he's going to have to give up life points for the ones he wants to use before discarding lol.

Eventually when I get more cards I want to make a Harpy/Winged deck that doesn't rely on synchro or fusion

Edge_hammer
11-12-2010, 01:35 PM
My deck is random with some nice traps including Kunai with a Chain, Metal Reflect Slime, Scrap Iron Scarecrow, Wide Spread Ruins etc.

duelingk
11-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Well seeing as how I stopped watching Yu gi oh like 9 years ago I don't really know good strategies for making a deck. My main deck consists of Destiny Hero and Elemental Hero cards and some 4 star cards with really high defense. My strategy is pretty much wearing down my opponents deck to zero and winning. I have abunch of spell cards that cost the opponent to force draw each turn and discard from an over full hand. Oh and I threw in a Final Countdown card just to be sure haha

Chain energy is also a must as well. If my opponent is drawing 2-3 cards a turn he's going to have to give up life points for the ones he wants to use before discarding lol.

Eventually when I get more cards I want to make a Harpy/Winged deck that doesn't rely on synchro or fusion

In todays metagame, fitting in some synchros would go along way. Speeds up the deck's power.

Mr Waggy
11-14-2010, 01:53 AM
I've whopped the computer many times but I haven't synchro summoned once.

A ridiculous number of soul exchanges, sakaretsu armors and strong monsters helps a lot.

JPX Brutality
11-14-2010, 04:10 AM
I have found that the most vicious deck against the AI that I have built is my card removal deck. I really tried for my Elemental Hero Deck but I only have one poly and not all the Heroes so it was more like a half Hero Deck and it was 50/50 depending on how many traps they AI draws

PsychoPandaRR
11-14-2010, 03:47 PM
With all the farming I've done I've compiled a deck that's based on Dark/Monarchs. I have another deck that I made that's a chaos sorcerer deck. I'm going to scrap that second deck. You can only use 1 chaos sorcerer in each deck. Which sucks. I've only brought him out two times. Which doesn't justify the deck. I mean if he was semi limited I'd probably keep that deck. Right now i have a lot of monarchs but no treeborn froggy, but I use a lot of searchers.

Most of my decks cosist of dark attribute monsters and effect monsters. I wish I could get the six samurai. I used to run that deck in real life, I haven't play yugioh in 4 years, I bet the meta doesn't allow that deck to own like it used to back in my yugioh days... ah man the memories... XD

xFortyseven
11-14-2010, 07:14 PM
mine is some kind of Earth toolbox/monarch... just splashing cards in as i unlock them =P

The 8lue Ace
11-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Currently using a heart of the underdog exodia deck, its great fun and priceless listening to people on the headset when you draw 10 cards in one turn.

Mr Waggy
11-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Currently using a heart of the underdog exodia deck, its great fun and priceless listening to people on the headset when you draw 10 cards in one turn.

Mind posting what you've got in there? I was hoping to make a similar deck if I ever get the last piece of Exodia. (Got every other piece 2-3 times!)

DeeJayMark
11-21-2010, 01:51 PM
The Most efficient Way to play an "Heart Of The UNderdog" Exodia

5 Pieces Of Exodia
3 Heart Of The UNderdog
32 Normal Monsters

In this format, if you get Heart Of The Underdog on your first turn, well the only things that could stop Underdog effect is drawing 1 of the 2 remaining Underdog or Exodia (the head).

The only problem with this is getting Heart Of The Underdog.
So maybe you could switch a couple of monsters for
Gold Sarcophagus, Reload, Or Magical Mallet.

The 8lue Ace
11-21-2010, 02:24 PM
The Most efficient Way to play an "Heart Of The UNderdog" Exodia

5 Pieces Of Exodia
3 Heart Of The UNderdog
32 Normal Monsters

In this format, if you get Heart Of The Underdog on your first turn, well the only things that could stop Underdog effect is drawing 1 of the 2 remaining Underdog or Exodia (the head).

The only problem with this is getting Heart Of The Underdog.
So maybe you could switch a couple of monsters for
Gold Sarcophagus, Reload, Or Magical Mallet.

This isn't the best way to use a heart of the underdog deck, theres more to it than just exodia, heart of the underdog and 32 normal monsters, I've tried it like that and it will fail everytime you don't draw heart of the underdog.

The key is to use quickplay spells reload and hand detruction to keep the drawing loop going when using heart of the underdog during the draw phase, have 2 heart of the underdogs and you will draw 2 cards for every normal monster you draw, have 3 down all you'll likely draw the whole deck even with a few extra support traps and magics.

With so many normal monsters being drawn and discarded there are cards which can turn the tables even if your having bad exodia luck.

Take for example these two which I use:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Cry_Havoc!
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Skill_Drain

I also threw in a soleman judgement to stop heavy storm and 2 gold sarcophaguss to get both exodia and heart of the underdog.

Also magicial mallet is not a quickplay spell card making it worst than reload in this type of deck.

The 8lue Ace
11-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Mind posting what you've got in there? I was hoping to make a similar deck if I ever get the last piece of Exodia. (Got every other piece 2-3 times!)

Sure, this is my current deck:

Monsters: 24
5 pieces of exodia
3 gene wraped warwolf
3 renge, gatekeeper of dark world
3 Archfiend solider
3 D.D Trainer
3 Elemental hero clayman
1 insect knight
2 summoned skulls
1 frostosaurus

Spells: 13
3 Heart of the underdog
3 reload
2 hand destruction (I want another one)
3 messenger of peace
2 gold sarcophgus

Traps: 3
1 cry havoc!
1 skill drain
1 soleman judgement (Stops those pesty heavy stroms)

I would rather swap some of my att 1900's and def 2000's for some better ones and I would love to swap some summoned skulls for blue eyes white dragon in this deck because with cry havoc and heart of the underdog makes some interesting normal monster swarms and thins the deck fast for exodia.

Jonjo
11-22-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm attempting a Spellcaster deck but don't really have half the cards I need, meaning that I get owned online :(

The 8lue Ace
11-23-2010, 12:20 AM
I'm attempting a Spellcaster deck but don't really have half the cards I need, meaning that I get owned online :(

Dark magician isn't in the game so don't play single player over and over if your looking for him

Jonjo
11-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Dark magician isn't in the game so don't play single player over and over if your looking for him

Oh thanks for the heads up :)

Nah I'm still playing SP just to actually get more Spellcaster monsters, I don't have half as many as I need so have to use "filler" monsters, which kinda sucks.

Although after I beat Jack for the 2nd time all the AI are giving me a really hard time :mad:

JPX Brutality
11-24-2010, 05:15 AM
I could use some help with my Six Samurai deck. So i stopped playing the paper version before they came up so I'm a little confused one how to properly work them. As of right now I have all 6 plus the grandmaster or whatever, he's called along with 2 equipped cards for for them specifically as well as spirit of the six samurai. Right now I'm doing pretty well using a warrior specific equipped deck with them as the main monsters and a few really strong 4 star warriors and I'm beating the A.I. about every 2 to 3 outta 4 times, but most of the time I barely get time to get 2 out at a time. My biggest problem is the A.I deck that makes you return monsters to you're hand. My main question is am I using them right. I'm using them as if they were the powerful monsters in my deck and using the A.Force continuous spells to boost their attack to were they are at 3000 or more once I have a couple out. Any tips on how to make this better?

xWkDcLwNx
11-24-2010, 05:02 PM
@ JPX - the main deal with the samurai is consistenancy and the ability to boost their power. I have a samurai deck (cant tell you the exact list off my head, but think of the basics.) I dont use Scolls of the Six, because I run 2 shoguns and generally run into him every game. I do have 2 WRA and Reinforcments along with 3x Command Knight and 2x Marauding Capts, so its just a matter of getitng them out and going. Rivarly of the Warlords is a nice addition, but w/e. I also run Hidden Armory to draw into United we Stand, Mage Power, and a few other various equips.

As for my other decks.
1 Zombo Deck - I can summon every card off of Goblin Zombos and Pryamid Turtles and uses Zombie World and every other cheap trick to keep a never-ending swarm out on the field.

Six Samurai - my cream deck - whenever I want an easy win, I pull it out. Its just a deck that blows away the competition.

Blackwings Synch - 65/100% complete - but with my adding a nice support group in there, its a fun deck to just pull out and have fun with.

Elemental Fusion - 85/100% complete - waiting on Stratos to make this deck really sink in.

Disaster Dragon - 70/100% complete - w/o Drago its a little inconsitant, but once it gets going, just get out the way. I need 1 more REDMD and Wyvern, also need to get my last Totem, and find 1 more Masked Dragon.

Heart of the Underdog Exodius deck - Using HotU to draw into Exodius and to keep a solid setting for him, its kinda overkill with him, but hey.

my next work in progress is a Gadet Deck, but well see.

UK Dennis
11-28-2010, 10:41 PM
I just made a Dragon Focused deck. Although, i dont have that many Dragon Type cards so i needed to improvise.

Monsters:
2x Divine Dragon Ragnarok
3x Armed Dragon LV3
2x Armed Dragon LV5
Blizzard Dragon
Exploder Dragon
Light and Darkness Dragon
Magna Drago
Masked Dragon
Powered Tuner
Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
2x Strong Wind Dragon
2x Totem Dragon

Spells:
A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon
Future Fusion
Stamping Destruction
Level Up!
Gold Sarcophagus
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Nobleman of Crossout
Reload
Shrink
Smashing Ground
Swords of Revealing Light

Traps:
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device
Dimension Wall
Dimensional Prison
Dragons Rage
Draining Shield
Magic Cylinder
Mirror Force
Nightmare Wheel
Raigeki Break

Extra:
Five Headed Dragon
Exploder Dragonwing
3x Iron Chain Dragon
2x Red Dragon Archfiend
Stardust Dragon
Trident Dragon

Slickeezy
11-29-2010, 03:36 AM
im using a six samurai deck. and i also got a darkness deck.