PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having freezing issues?

M4ster Pr0phet
11-09-2010, 05:06 PM
So I've had Rock Band 3 since the midnight it came out, and I'm able to play all songs. I've been a Rock Band fan since the original, and I've built quite an extensive library of songs over the past few years. With that said, I've noticed that every time I try to play the song: "Lasso" by Phoenix my xbox freezes. I have one of the new 250GB slim's, so I doubt it's the system, I'm guessing it's pry my disc. I still have my reciept so I think today I will go and get it switched for a new copy. I've also noticed when I do vocals that I'm also unable to deploy overdrive. I can be screaming as loud as I can into the mic and it doesn't set it off. Could this also be a disc problem? My mic I'm sure is fine, as it works with deploying star power in RB2 and all other music games...

Squalasura
11-09-2010, 05:20 PM
I think everyone has this problem at some point. It also appears random. It never happened tom e from launch until last night. It happened twice, as the roadies were loading the crates, before different songs. Some people have this issue quite often, and while its certainly not game breaking it is annoying.

M4ster Pr0phet
11-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Yeah, but this only happens for me on that one song out of all other RB3 songs...and every single time I load the song. Seems to be a disc problem to me.

Squalasura
11-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Theres a bunch of people on GAMEFaqs that have this issue much more than you or I and they have tried installing on HDD and no luck. I know HMX commented on it but I dont remember what was said as I wasnt having thissue I didnt pay it much attention.

Lucent Beam
11-09-2010, 07:21 PM
I've noticed that my 360 freezes at least once or twice every time I play Rock Band 3, but it's not on particular songs. It always freezes when it's loading a song/setlist.

ohioman101
11-09-2010, 10:41 PM
I think everyone has this problem at some point. It also appears random. It never happened tom e from launch until last night. It happened twice, as the roadies were loading the crates, before different songs. Some people have this issue quite often, and while its certainly not game breaking it is annoying. I wonder if it has something to do with the roadies animation cause i noticed that whenever my game freezes it's on that animation as well

Mongolian Beef
11-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Just had my first freeze, looks like it happened at the same loading screen you guys are describing.

Shelton
11-10-2010, 11:18 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270612 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270612)

Lucent Beam
11-14-2010, 02:55 AM
Yeah, Now I realize that I am freezing on that same stupid box animations. I don't even remember how many times it's happened in the past, but today it happened 4 times over a short period of time so it really annoyed me. Harmonix, fix that shit!!

Red Testament
11-14-2010, 03:11 AM
I wonder if it has something to do with the roadies animation cause i noticed that whenever my game freezes it's on that animation as well

Mine has froze three times now and on the same roadie animation.

ThatsFatalFury
11-14-2010, 03:51 AM
I posted a "quickfix" in a similar thread but I'll say it again.

Wait a few seconds before selecting your instrument choice and difficulty, every single time. Ever since I've waited a second or two instead of just mashing A, green button, or green pad I haven't had a single freeze.

Lucent Beam
11-14-2010, 09:04 PM

Wait a few seconds before selecting your instrument choice and difficulty, every single time. Ever since I've waited a second or two instead of just mashing A, green button, or green pad I haven't had a single freeze.

I'll try this, but I can't believe that it's anything BUT that loading screen.
I just tried to play again this morning. First time, box screen + freeze. Second time, box screen + freeze. Third time, box screen + freeze. How unlucky can I be to get the same stupid loading animation 3 times in a row?
Even if I am "mashing the green button".... I would find it hard to believe that it's the quick press that's the problem and NOT that damn screen every time.

Red Testament
11-14-2010, 11:06 PM

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when playing.

ThatsFatalFury
11-15-2010, 12:06 AM
I'll try this, but I can't believe that it's anything BUT that loading screen.
I just tried to play again this morning. First time, box screen + freeze. Second time, box screen + freeze. Third time, box screen + freeze. How unlucky can I be to get the same stupid loading animation 3 times in a row?
Even if I am "mashing the green button".... I would find it hard to believe that it's the quick press that's the problem and NOT that damn screen every time.

Well what do you have to lose? I'd rather wait a few more seconds before playing than chance a freeze and restart process. Also, it might help to install to harddrive if you haven't already. I don't know if that makes a difference on the loading screen glitch, but as I said before, I haven't had a problem since I have been playing the waiting game.