PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Food

Helium
11-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Anyone knows how to make perfect food?
I upgraded oven:improve meals and got cooking skill level 10 and completed menu maven and bought best cooking stuff but still the max food grade I get is outstanding.
So what am I missing?

Sn1gaaaZ
11-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Try making foods with the 'Have...' option, not 'Serve...'.
Also if you have enough Lifetime Happiness Points, get the 'Midlife Crisis' Reward and chose for one of your traits the Cooking Trait.

FightingGamerz
11-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Make sure have these things:

1. The best stove.
2. Nice ingredients or buy it.
3. Get Skill Level 10 of Cooking.
4. Achieve ALL Skill Milestones to give an extra boost.
5. Like Sn1gaaaZ said: "Use have, not serve."
6. Learn every single recipe.
7. Get the blender from the Chef career.

All those points together will make every single plate you make "Perfect".

Helium
11-10-2010, 02:53 PM

1. The best stove.

Okay thanks for help. I missed 2,5 and 7 and how does blender helps your cooking?

BrassBallz
11-10-2010, 05:29 PM

1. The best stove.

I did it using 1-6 from above. Also, upgrade the stove to "Higher Quality Meals" And try having LifeFruit in your inventory. I did mine with "LifeFruit Pancakes"

RexDarr
11-11-2010, 03:25 AM
I made the same meal every day for about 2 weeks, then it said "Perfect". I am at level 9 for cooking & have the best oven. Thats it

achti
11-11-2010, 12:25 PM
i made the lobster meal and i got it almost directly, not sure if i was just lucky or if it hast something to do with the lobster.

JJBDude
11-11-2010, 07:48 PM
I went 27 weeks without ever getting a perfect meal, I didn't understand why not because I had the best fridge and stove as well as 10 skill points in cooking. Then I got to Level 10 in cooking career and still didn't help.

Solution? Replace the best fridge in the game with the one you get given when you reach level 10 in the Culinary career. I got a perfect my following meal and have since done the majority of the meals in the game to perfect quality. :)

Jammie667
12-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Ok, this is seriously flawed.

I have a Sim with level 10 cooking, all skill journal milestones, the amazing fridge, the food processor AND the top notch stove (upgraded to make higher quality meals) and the damn sim STILL won't make perfect Mac and Cheese! WTF!? Do they need to practice a few times or what?

Pricelessatx
12-15-2010, 01:08 AM
I dont think mac and Chesse is a high quality meal. try th3e steak or slalmon or some thing expensive

artphobia
12-16-2010, 02:48 AM
Just got my perfect meal achievement.

Dish= Lobster Thermidor
Best stove(festus44) with meal-quality upgrade
Best refrigerator(the fresher)
10 in cooking

about the lobster: I did buy the lobster at the grocery store(lvl1). Thing sat in my inventory for weeks on end till I could cook it.

about the sim: The sim that cooked it has never been in the culinary career and does not have anything special towards cooking when it come to personality or anything.
---
Only thing other than what has been stated in other posts... if anyone is having trouble you might try making sure your sim's mood is good.

artphobia
12-16-2010, 03:16 AM
I dont think mac and Chesse is a high quality meal. try th3e steak or slalmon or some thing expensive

I am under the assumption that all dishes can be made to Perfect Quality. "Steel Sous Chef" in the Challenges & Rewards checklist (under Collection tab) tells me so.

lijnloos
12-16-2010, 09:13 AM
I think even mac and cheese are able to be perfected! I haven't managed it either, but it should really be possible.

Bonkekook
12-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Funnily enough, I was having problems with this after trying all these tips. I was buying fresh ingredients, using all the top appliances. Eventually, after making it over and over and over again each day, I randomly made a perfect meal(without using store-bought ingredients). Better ingredients may help, but I didn't need them.

aDisabledRabbit
01-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Been trying to get this one for ages.

Got a Sim at level 10 cooking.
Found out her favourite meal is hamburgers.
Grown my own onions.
Best cooker and fridge owned.
Still nothing!

This Sim isn't at Level 10 Cooking career YET, though. I think it just takes time...A lot of time.

Annalie
01-29-2011, 12:55 AM
For starters finish the culinary career so that you get the best refrigerator, and i already had the most expensive stove. all i had to do was cook something and it came out perfect. also maybe you have to know all recipes im not sure but i had gotten menu maven already.