PDA

View Full Version : Achievements between FX & FX2?

amuro98
11-09-2010, 09:08 PM
So I have a question about achievements.

I had bought Pinball FX and the extra tables when it came out.

I recently upgraded to FX2 and also bought its new tables.

I know that the old tables carry over, but my question is, do the achievements as well? So if I got something in FX on, say, the Bullwinkle table, does that unlock it on FX2 and vice versa? So am I getting credit for the same achievement twice or do I need to play FX and FX2 separately?

I'm a bit confused.

Starstrukk X360A
11-09-2010, 09:21 PM
It's separate.

papoose
11-09-2010, 09:32 PM
So I have a question about achievements.

I had bought Pinball FX and the extra tables when it came out.

I recently upgraded to FX2 and also bought its new tables.

I know that the old tables carry over, but my question is, do the achievements as well? So if I got something in FX on, say, the Bullwinkle table, does that unlock it on FX2 and vice versa? So am I getting credit for the same achievement twice or do I need to play FX and FX2 separately?

I'm a bit confused.

the achievements between fx and fx2 are different so its not like you have to unlock the same ones twice

x Zot x
11-11-2010, 11:48 PM
True, the achievements are different in FX and FX 2, but I think this is still a valid question. He asks:
So if I got something in FX ... does that unlock it on FX2...
If there are achievements that you don't have in FX 1, how do you unlock those now? If you're playing the old tables in FX 2 and meet the requirement for the old achievement, would FX 2 recognize it? I don't think so.

And if you try to play FX 1, it tells you there is an update for the game and you'll be signed out of XBL if you refuse the update.

I know that if you didn't buy some of the old tables before FX 2, you've lost out on those old achievement for those tables. But what if you have them. Are you still out of luck?

papoose
11-11-2010, 11:55 PM
True, the achievements are different in FX and FX 2, but I think this is still a valid question. He asks:

If there are achievements that you don't have in FX 1, how do you unlock those now? If you're playing the old tables in FX 2 and meet the requirement for the old achievement, would FX 2 recognize it? I don't think so.

And if you try to play FX 1, it tells you there is an update for the game and you'll be signed out of XBL if you refuse the update.

I know that if you didn't buy some of the old tables before FX 2, you've lost out on those old achievement for those tables. But what if you have them. Are you still out of luck?

you can only unlock fx1 achievements if you play fx1, im sure you can still get all the fx1 achievement, but i havent played yet to make sure

its delicious
11-12-2010, 06:34 AM
you can only unlock fx1 achievements if you play fx1, im sure you can still get all the fx1 achievement, but i havent played yet to make sure
So what you're saying is that the tables are backward compatible?

I played FX, but never bought any additional tables. Now I'm pretty tempted by those additional FX2 achievements, but I'm a bit hesitant if I can't go back and play them on FX. I suppose for 200 points I could try...

ETA: So the table I had to buy through FX2 (because the FX marketplace is closed) isn't showing up in the FX list. Lame.

x Zot x
11-12-2010, 08:50 PM
you can only unlock fx1 achievements if you play fx1
Right, that's what I'm thinking, but do you refuse the title update which will sign you out of XBL or if you get the update, will you still be able to get the old achievements? See what I'm saying? If someone has some easy FX1 achievements left, maybe they could check this.
So the table I had to buy through FX2 (because the FX marketplace is closed) isn't showing up in the FX list. Lame.
Yeah that's what I meant when I said, "if you didn't buy some of the old tables before FX 2, you've lost out on those old achievements." And you're right, it is lame.

DepTomAce
11-19-2010, 04:52 PM
What just happened?? What you said is true!

I just purchased the rocky and bullwinkle table and it is only allowing me play it on fx2 not on the origingal fx. So it is not even giving me a chance to get the original fx rocky and bullwinkle achievement. Is there anything I can do to unlock the rocky and bullwinke achievement on the original fx or am I screwed?!?

Thanks for all the help

iCEMAN_noob
12-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Can you unlock achievements for Pinball FX in Pinball FX 2?

Do you need to re-buy the DLC tables in Pinball FX 2 if you already bought them in Pinball FX to get their respective achievements?

Shelder
12-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Can you unlock achievements for Pinball FX in Pinball FX 2?

Do you need to re-buy the DLC tables in Pinball FX 2 if you already bought them in Pinball FX to get their respective achievements?

The tables are free if you already bought them in Pinball FX. :)

HeNDRY
01-30-2011, 09:16 AM
i went through my download history and redownloaded the pinballFX 1 origanal 'trial demo' so when i get 800mp on tuesday (well 2100mp) i will buy it and let you know if i get the chevos on the origanal & if it unlocks the tables on PinFX2. bear with me, my MPoints are in the post, Tuesday or Wednesday @ the latest.

Peu
04-06-2011, 09:52 PM
what a lame