PDA

View Full Version : No Tournaments?

SkullRobot
11-10-2010, 11:18 AM
I decided to try to knock out my final online achievement for this game (5mil online) but when I went to the Live Tournaments all categories said No Tournaments. Did they take all the tournaments offline? Are the online achievements no longer possible? Seems weird seeing as it's still 2010. I know Tiger 11 came out but do they really cut support for their older games this soon?

Toathy
11-10-2010, 11:53 PM
I am having the same problem.
Ive been working on this for 2-3 months now.
I am at 3.900.000$ I was only 3 weekly tournaments away.

Please dont tell me that they just shut the servers with no messages to the public.

I did not receive an e-mail did you?

If they did shut the servers down they should Open them for tournaments but make them a realy high purse ammount.

SkullRobot
11-16-2010, 03:07 PM
I just checked yesterday (the 15th Nov) and there was 1 Daily and 1 Weekly listed but it was closed to me. I checked the tournament history and it seems that there were tournaments going on these past 5 days but no one entered any of them. Hopefully more Tournaments will come but nothing was posted on the upcoming schedule. I'll be checking tonight to see if anything changed. I am now desperate to finish this achievement for fear that they will shut down the servers.

Toathy
11-17-2010, 04:34 AM
I will also check the tourneys.

Hopefully it was just a server isue.

I realy want this last achievment.

w0adude2
11-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Still nothing.. =(

SkullRobot
11-29-2010, 03:01 PM
ok I'll put this out there as I have seen a trend and hopefully it continues for a bit before they stop putting tourneys up completely.

It seems every Sunday night (sometime between 6:30pm EST and 2:45am EST) 2-3 tournaments go live. They will only be available until 6am EST. Usually 1 weekly and 1 daily (today there were 2 daily and 1 weekly). You'll notice in the history that between those matches tournaments are shown but no one has put up a scorecard. This is because they (EA) never put any tournaments up in between the sunday ones.

I do not know how long this will go on so I suggest if you need this achievement keep checking daily but there should be one on sunday between those times. When you see them up, jump on them. I had to call in sick to nab the ones today since I checked right before work.

SkullRobot
12-07-2010, 08:58 AM
here's an update. I finally unlocked this achievement yesterday. It seems that the tournaments update at 5:20am my time (11:20pm EST). They give you 6 1/2 hours to do them. I was able to make 1 million yesterday from the 1 daily and 1 weekly available. I do not know how long this will last.

Toathy
12-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Ah nooo!

I read your post and went online to see if I would see one.
And there was two! 1 dayli and 1 weekly.

but I was late. I dont think by much either.

Well I will try again on sunday 6 days from now. :(

Atleast I still know its attainable. thanks for the heads up.

kingcoopzilla
01-25-2011, 04:10 AM
Kind of infuriating that the so-called daily tournaments don't run every day.