PDA

View Full Version : Kinect mount for top of tv question?

upindat
11-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Hate to start a new thread for this but damn!! I have had hell finding these in any stores. Has anybody noticed a difference with mounting this on top of the tv? I have heard you get a more accurate readings and gameplay?

marsroverdude
11-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Everywhere I have seen the kinect plugged in, either in stores or in homes, its on top of the TV so it seems that is the optimal way to use it. Check bestbuy. I've seen a lot of kits there for about 25 or 30 $$.

litepink
11-10-2010, 07:13 PM
My Best Buy was selling the Microsoft one for $40.

DarthSoth
11-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I just build a stand for it. Works great. Top of the tv was best for me since it gave me and extra foot distance from where I would have had it below the tv. Also I would have had to place it at the back of a table to get the distance and I think that would have messed with the sensors ability to see the floor, which is important.

upindat
11-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the post. Picked mine up at gamestop online. I have noticed it works alot better ontop of the tv!!!

ConfusedGeek
11-12-2010, 10:32 PM
for other who are still looking, amazon is selling one that you attach to the back of your tv. it wont be out until the 24th though.

Slow2die
11-12-2010, 10:39 PM
If its aiming at your chest, its gonna be awesome.

Treythalomew
11-12-2010, 10:53 PM
I actually had a Kinect game tell me that the best possible height was eye level for the game. I don't know if this is true of all kinect games but I've had mine just sitting on top of the tv and it's been working alright. I'm scared it will fall since it just barely fits on there though so I need to get that wall mount.

Jedi sy
12-27-2010, 08:26 PM
I might try a TV mount.

Joel78
12-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Mine was on the base of the TV and I was having a few problems with Kinect Sports. I made a stand with the foam from the Kinect Box (someone in the official xbox forums thought of it) and it works so much better on top.

cigarnut81
12-30-2010, 01:58 AM
I bought the wall mount. $15 on amazon & you can put it anywhere:)

boomCricket
01-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Huge fan of the Microsoft TV mount. I read some bad reviews on Amazon but I've had no problem. The device does feel a bit "plasticy" but overall I love it. I was also in a Microsoft store a few weeks back and they recommended that the Kinect is placed at or just above chest height.

Check out my sig for pictures of the Microsoft store. If you haven't been to one yet, I highly recommend you make the trip.

scifi riot
01-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Mine worked much better once I mounted it above the TV. The hand controls were better and I need much less space. I'm about 2-3 feet closer to the TV. No more shoving the couch out of the way !!!

mewman
01-13-2011, 12:19 AM
i made my own stand for the top of my tv there was no way i was paying 40 bucks for it so i used SMALL self tapping screws and the holes on the bottom of the kinect to attach it to a piece of plexi glass and propped it up with sturdy piece of foam and some hot glue only thing that happened so far was sensor had to reset after my uncle jumped really high (with big heavy work boots on) and the sensor jiggled a little bit DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY IF YOUR SMART ENOUGH TO BUILD A HALF STURDY MOUNT YOURSELF

Troppmann
01-14-2011, 01:43 AM
Yeah but how tall are you guys and how far off the ground is the top of your tv. i am shorter and i have no problems with it 2.5 feet from the ground and im about 5'6" so if you could post that that would help because theres no way i can put it on my tv without buying a mount. so if i dont have to and its only or people like 6 feet or taller.:Bounce:

dannyboy11122
08-04-2011, 10:22 AM
I made my own kinect tv stand with a video tape cover and blu-tac...http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20778036#post20778036

Cringer85
08-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Hate to start a new thread for this but damn!! I have had hell finding these in any stores. Has anybody noticed a difference with mounting this on top of the tv? I have heard you get a more accurate readings and gameplay?

I have VERY VERY good experience with a top tv mount with Kinect!!! I highly recommend buying one, they are not too expensive.:)

Gavincol78
11-16-2011, 11:00 PM
having it on top the tv sounds cool to me :D

PANIC ATTACK 10
11-28-2011, 11:35 PM
i've had this since midnight launch. heres what i did.

i bought the scotch dual interlock velcro. put 1 on top of tv. 1 on bottom of device. its been like that ever since with no proablems.

its ment for things that move & vibrate. have not replaced them either. once on they stay on lol.

i found the devices dont work. i have a dlp tv. so i recomend these stripes. each holds 2lbs.

recomended by scotch too

d0nkeytr0n
12-07-2011, 08:28 PM
sounds like a good idea....except that I have an LED tv, far too thin to put velcro on :(

Metaraon
01-11-2012, 09:35 PM
try ebay, they have generic ones that are practicly the exact same design and it does the job for as low as 3-5 bucks. i got mine for 5 but its a wall mount and not a tv mount, still above the tv of course.