PDA

View Full Version : Does beating Nightmare stack up hard?

Juandi007
11-10-2010, 11:02 PM
I know if you beat the game on hard you also stack up the achievement for beating it on normal. After i unlock nightmare on normal, would beating nightmare also stack up hard?

Vanilla Coke Zero
11-11-2010, 03:47 AM
yes, it does. have fun with nightmare mode. i found it more enjoyable than the lower difficulties because you have to play more conservatively, and you feel more vulnerable.

Juandi007
11-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Thanks a lot :)

I've been playing through normal to get the collectibles. I've heard a lot about nightmare mode and cant wait to go through it on my second run!
It has been a while since a game with a great story driven atmosphere has come out. I've gotten too used to just shooting terrorists and aliens for the past 2 years! This is a great change of pace

Xen0pi
12-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the answer. Thought i should do it again on Hard :p

jmart38
12-03-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm just starting my Nightmare run, and picking up the Nightmare Manuscript pages along the way.

Xen0pi
12-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I can confirm this, just did it on Nightmare and at the end i got both achievements :)

AmbaLaBamba
12-03-2010, 02:50 PM
So, how bad is Nightmare in all? Only played it on the easiest so far to see what it was like...

Xen0pi
12-03-2010, 03:11 PM
So, how bad is Nightmare in all? Only played it on the easiest so far to see what it was like...

Well its not that hard if you know how to dodge the enemies attack. The hardest part for me was that you can't take much hits. Even tho its not really hard if you always have a flashbang or a flare :)

CIF
12-07-2010, 04:05 AM
Some parts with axe (and worse, chainsaw) Taken will make you frustrated and the birds get reeeeeeeeally annoying, but I ran whenever possible and was able to get half the thermoses in addition to manuscripts.
Finishing Reach on Legendary shortly before this sure helped.

Leviathan1348
12-07-2010, 03:32 PM
I finished nightmare a few days ago. I was afraid that it will be to hard. But, the first three episodes are really easy. At the end of the third i had so much flares unused. The same in episode 6, i reached the lift before the "boss" with 12 flares and 10 flashgrenades. I always thought it will be better to save my bullets, flares etc. but thats useless, you cant take it with into the next episode, so saving your stuff to carefull is the same as wasting.

I thought that the stage or the moment when Berry is searching the keys are hard. But when i played it i got both spots without dying. And i guess i am not such a skilled player.

I think the hardest part on the nightmare difficult is the imagination that it will be a nightmare. Get rid of it and just play, it is really not a nightmare :)

Ravenhood
01-20-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm working through Nightmare mode now, somewhere in Episode 4 (I don't recall where, I haven't played in a bit, too much else). It hasn't been hard, per se, but there are moments when the levels get irritating. I occasionally find myself surrounded by Taken who find it fun to juggle my useless body between their axe blades. XS

FSparacino4
01-21-2011, 07:54 AM

It is easy as pie. All you have to do is run and when you run out of breathe, turn and boost the taken with your flashlight until you recover, then continue running. If you find yourself in trouble drop a flare or use your flare gun. You should only ever fight the enemies that the game forces you to fight in order to progress. Doing this, you will never find yourself short on flares or ammo. Playing the game through on normal first also helps because you will know where and when to expect the Taken.