PDA

View Full Version : Impressions from Germany

Makrophagus
11-10-2010, 11:27 PM
I bought the game yesterday...we had some problems with the exact release date, so i had to call our game-stores different times. finally Gamestop sold it yesterday for my 360. but they told me, there were some problems with the amount of the received games. they got only 12 copies of the standard issue an 2 royal editions. other stores have to wait until 18th of november.
O.K. now some words about the game:

AMAAAAZING! i did not started the campaign, cause i teamed up with 2 xbl-friends and we played the first 3 of 7 multiplayer-coop-campaign-levels...you can play with up to 8 friends, that means 8 alter egos in the campaign. everything is possible :) every level starts with a village with 4 - 6 traders or stores...then you have to fight and explore a map, that comes close to an instance like in WOW or LOTR-ONLINE. there will be some warp-fields to go back to sell stuff or to go back to the pack, in case you were killed...and beleive me, these enemies and monsters are tough. you can level-up your gear. you can paint your clothes. you can brew potions. to put gems in your weapons, you have to buy expensive skillbooks, for instance. lock picking. swimming. the graphic is brilliant. believe me. my eyes are still hurt since Arcania, although its graphics was not that worse. after you earned 10000 Aureas (TWs currency), you can buy a village. this means a self-standing map with different places, where you can build a chicken-farm, a pub, a guard-post, a garden for the plants, mushrooms and so on (for potions), all these builidings are upgradable, this is expensive, but you can farm the coop-levels for the needed coins. there is an counter for the happiness of your inhabitants. you have to free villagers from giant spiders, so they can work on your farm, again. the village will provide you with food, weapons, money and more. the more upgrades you buy, the more things you receive :)

and this is only the mp-coop-stuff. i didnt start the sp-campaign. believe me, its worth the patience until the release next year in the states. if you have questions, send me messages on xbl. Gamertag: Makrophagus

bye

NiteChylde
11-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey Makrophagus,

thanks a lot for your first impressions of the co-op campaign, didn't find a lot of info on this so far. Sounds pretty good. I have yet to persuade a mate to also buy the game. He'll probably be the only one on my friend list to buy the game. Oh well, if he's not getting it I'm going to try to find ppl to play with through x360a. :)

I'm still waiting for Amazon to ship my Royal Edition, it was supposed to arrive at my place on November 10th, then it was delayed until November 12th... argh!!! At least I have time to mob up my missing Fable 3 achievements. :)

I'm wondering what problems they (Topware / Zuxxez) have shipping the game? The PS3 version has been delayed for a couple of weeks, rumors go it's because Sony is having the Blu-Ray disc manufacturer's work on GT5 first, but what about the PC and Xbox 360 versions? I couldn't find any retailer in my area who had the game on sale and onlineshops are also having trouble with deliveries.

Again, thanks, and maybe post your impressions of the single player part as well after trying it. :)

Greetings,
Nitey

ansotica
11-11-2010, 07:58 PM
I will get me copy tomorrow, so if someone is interested to play coop, feel free to contact me. And thanks for the first impression, sounds great!!!

Tao Jian Min
11-12-2010, 09:24 AM
So glad that they got this one right, after the horrible first one it seems that part 2 was done great! We in Germany already can buy it, when is it released in UK and US? i am considering to buy the english version because i like the english language more than german....

olcsi2
11-12-2010, 09:07 PM
I am 2-3 hrs into the game (bought the AWESOME royal edition @ amazon.de), it looks beautiful, never seen so many extras in one package. They even have the mouse pad in it that was originally meant only for the PC version.

During the first 60 mins or so it teaches you the gameplay and introduces you to the story. It is a bit slow start, too much conversation, too little action, but I guess there are so many things you can do in the game (alchemy, crafting, etc...) that there is no way around it.

Well, overall it is an amazing game, but there is one flaw, in the open area where I am at now (savannah), the game regularly freezes. There were times I had to reboot the box 5-6!!! times before being able to finally get from A to B (a 2 min journey normally). I hope they are working on the fixes for it...

Am also looking for players to do the onlines with.

@NiteChylde: today is the street day I think, so you should have it by now.. ;)

@TaoJanMin: the game is multilingual, so on the disc you have all the english voices and texts as well.

NiteChylde
11-13-2010, 06:21 PM
My Royal Edition arrived yesterday, yeeha! :Bounce:

It's one of the finest collector's editions I have bought yet, wow. I'm glad I spent the money on it. :)

I only played for around 3 hours so far, but I must say it's a fun game:

The graphics are pretty good and the framerate stable. I didn't experience any slowdowns yet. In my opinion the graphics engine uses too much HDR and motion blur, but I guess that's just a matter of personal taste. The jump animation looks a bit awkward and the character sounds like he's doing some more bed-orientated actions when jumping, but oh well...

The sound seems to be great, from what I have heard ingame so far. I especially like all those small ambient effects, like hissing snakes or other animal sounds when you are running through the savannah. They all make the world feel real.

After ending the tutorial part and reaching the savannah I spent most of my time searching the area, there's lots to be found and sometimes it pays out to travel some distance, maybe to an remote island with a lighthouse, where on top you can find a skillbook or something... ;-)

All in all it seems like a great rpg, I'll write a more detailled opinion after spending more time in Antaloor.

SacredGamer
11-14-2010, 08:13 PM
More MP Impressions would be nice :)
So, its smooth then and lag free ?
How is it getting into matches, lobby system...

Mine should be coming soon :woop:

olcsi2
11-15-2010, 10:26 AM
I played the first multiplayer mission alone... :) but tonite I have an appointment and I can definitely give impressions tomorrow on how it is when 2 people play it.

SacredGamer
11-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Anybody want to join up in Co-op.
Leave your GT here :).