PDA

View Full Version : We should use the controller for the menus.

Mariofan141
11-11-2010, 12:39 AM
Well, I already know that we can't use the controllers on Kinect games like Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports, but shouldn't they make the menus the one exception? It would make it so much easier if both the controller and Kinect could be used for navigating the menus. Besides, making a werid stance with my left arm sticking out and my right arm next to my hip is just plain uncomfortable for pausing the game.

kaleido42
11-11-2010, 04:33 AM
It actually depends on the game and the developer that makes it. Some games (dance central) already allow you to use the controller for menu navigation.

TakahashiDemon
11-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Its easy enough to get hang of.. Sonic Free Riders is the only menu that annoys me though and makes me wish it used controller.

Pyrochaos
11-11-2010, 03:29 PM
It actually depends on the game and the developer that makes it. Some games (dance central) already allow you to use the controller for menu navigation.

Which is surprising considering they have the best kinect menus (IMO). That slider type of menu works way better than holding your hand on the spot for a certain time.

kaleido42
11-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Actually, I don't find it surprising at all, maybe ever so slightly ironic, but not surprising. It just means that the people who made Dance Central (and other similar games) know how to make good menus (or at least have menu navigation figured out).

Tokin White Guy
11-12-2010, 03:06 AM
I think the menus are pretty good, Dance Central is good because there's so many songs and stuff, it's good to be able to use a controller if need be. I'm impressed with the controls anyone else?

Binaryjam
11-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Got to admit games that utilize the menu system ms designed with adventures just annoy but dance central is just a breeze to use and I don't miss the controller on that

pandaliamcod6
11-14-2010, 04:59 PM
i agree we should use contolers but i guess you will get used to it shortly