PDA

View Full Version : Rapture by far the hardest chapter.

Free Beer
11-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I think I speak for everyone when I say that rapture has probably got some of the hardest levels in this game. Some of those warp zones are ridiculous. And a few of the dark levels make me wanna pull my hair out. :rant:

Plym
11-11-2010, 04:25 PM
I hate the ones where the black thing shoots out of the hole and then follows you around until it hits a wall and explodes into spikes.

Free Beer
11-12-2010, 10:29 AM
I hate the ones where the black thing shoots out of the hole and then follows you around until it hits a wall and explodes into spikes.
yeah those things are annoying as hell dude. the things that get me the most are the levels with all the spikes. the hit box on those things are huge, half the time i get killed by them I feel like i wasnt even near close enough to them. Thats what makes "The Kid" warp zone ridiculously hard.

Free Beer
11-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Scratch that, cotton ally is beast mode.

slmmzy
11-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Rapture is such a giant leap forward in difficulty compared to Hell. I'm having a really hard time with it.

Bum Commando
11-13-2010, 05:49 AM
keep playing rapture isnt all that difficult if you can be patient. cotton alley is definately beast mode stuck on bragging rights now which is the last dark level

Rebmob
11-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Rapture wasn't too tough, one or two levels gave me trouble but nothing else. (Loved the Zelda-eque boss battle...) "The Guy" warp zone are the hardest levels I've played so far. Beat the first level, got to the third elevator on the second and couldn't get past it. Gave up, for now!

Moetrich
11-21-2010, 04:17 PM
rapture is nothing compared to cotton alley.
they named the very last level "4 letter word" for a reason :p

but on the other hand: cotton alley levels are difficult, but not long (with a few exceptions). so if you finish a level, you propably automatically finish in par time too.

slmmzy
11-22-2010, 06:08 AM
I gave Rapture another shot and completed 14/17 levels that I need to face the boss. I've only had to skip one so far, the one with the disappearing/reappearing platforms. Can't seem to get the timing right on the walljumps.

Sgt Scyther
11-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Rapture itself was pretty tricky but I found the Rapture boss to be completely disappointing. I literally just stood in one spot the entire fight only jumping to avoid the little maggots it shot out.

Rebmob
11-23-2010, 01:00 AM
I gave Rapture another shot and completed 14/17 levels that I need to face the boss. I've only had to skip one so far, the one with the disappearing/reappearing platforms. Can't seem to get the timing right on the walljumps.

I hated those wall jumps, took a bunch of attempts to successfully complete them.

Bum Commando
11-23-2010, 07:57 AM
id have to say cotton alley is way harder. rapture really isnt all that tough with a little patience haha

rapture is nothing compared to cotton alley.
they named the very last level "4 letter word" for a reason :p

did you manage to get par timee on that one? i just beat bragging rights the other day : )

Rebmob
11-23-2010, 02:39 PM
About 1/3 of the way through Cotton Valley. I tried the last level out, didn't seem that tough from what I saw. There was just a bunch of jumping over and through saw blades on numerous floors. I'll see if I can't get through more of CV tonight.

slmmzy
11-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Have you tried dark world ch3 yet? That's where I noticed a big leap in difficulty. Probably nothing compared to Cotton Alley though.

macpride
11-25-2010, 01:28 AM
I'm half way through rapture now and I gotta say, it is hard, but not as hard as you made it sounds, mind you I still have the second half :p this game is so hard and fun at the same time, by far the best xbla game out there.

Moetrich
11-25-2010, 08:34 PM
id have to say cotton alley is way harder. rapture really isnt all that tough with a little patience haha

did you manage to get par timee on that one? i just beat bragging rights the other day : )

i didn't par time it. i was SO glad to finish it at all ;)
took me ~60 seconds, par is 45. but i messed up everytime i tried to do it quick.
i need a little SMB break, but perhaps i'm going for the dark world levels sometimes.

About 1/3 of the way through Cotton Valley. I tried the last level out, didn't seem that tough from what I saw. There was just a bunch of jumping over and through saw blades on numerous floors. I'll see if I can't get through more of CV tonight.

none of the jumps are really hard, actually all obstacles in the level are quite easy if you look at them separately.
the problem is doing them all in one go ;)
one time i died at the last saw, splitseconds away from meat boy. i bet my neighbors were scared because of me shouting out loud that name-giving 4 letter word :p

CyanideSpirit
11-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Rapture is a little tricky, but im advancing on in the levels :)

Sgt Scyther
11-26-2010, 06:24 PM
I actually didn't find Cotton Alley's "Four Letter Word" level to be that difficult. However, beating it under the par time? That was a challenge!

nemesiscw
11-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Looking at Sgt Scyther's sig: IloMilo is out? Damn.

slmmzy
11-27-2010, 04:16 PM
The End is giving me a lot of grief. The levels aren't particularly hard but are really long and require a lot of precision. 6-2 has those one square jumps and 6-5 has a jump in between saw blades that I can't figure out.

Rebmob
11-28-2010, 01:20 AM
Completed Cotton Alley a few days ago (woot) Now to attempt all of the dark world levels, right...