PDA

View Full Version : Do Canadians have voice controls?

A Moldy Stump
11-12-2010, 03:10 AM
I read awhile back that Only Americans and Mexico will have voice commands at launch, but I haven't heard anything since. I'm Canadian and want to know if I can even talk to Kinect before I buy it

kaleido42
11-12-2010, 04:52 AM
Voice support wasn't originally going to be available to mainland Europe and Canada until spring 2011, but it appears that for some reason (English) Canada got it at release. So yes, you can talk to kinect :)

bathori
11-12-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm a newfie and it understands me!

CovertDog
11-12-2010, 05:43 PM

If it can understand newfie, its got to the most advanced voice recognition program out there. I can't understand it most of the time.:p

Bleeding Star
11-12-2010, 05:53 PM
What are the voice commands? I've tried a few things and I'm either not loud enough or its not a command

bathori
11-12-2010, 07:43 PM
If it can understand newfie, its got to the most advanced voice recognition program out there. I can't understand it most of the time.:p

Lol, I know what you mean...I'm from there and half the time I don't understand either. I've been living in Alberta for the past 4 years so my accent has faded quite a bit now too.

What are the voice commands? I've tried a few things and I'm either not loud enough or its not a command

I've just been using a normal speaking voice with no problems.
If you say the word "XBox" the commands for everything onscreen will come up. So you can say "XBox....Kinect" to go to the Kinect menu, then "Xbox...Achievements" to view your achievement list.

If you are having problems, try recalibrating the voice system. When I first set mine up, I had similar issues. TIP: do your calibration at the same place you will be playing from, and using a normal speaking voice.

A Moldy Stump
11-13-2010, 02:54 AM
Good to know... and if Kinect understands Newfies it can understand anything :P

bathori
11-13-2010, 03:31 AM
yez b'y, me an dat der kin'ct is goan 'ave a keen bad ol' time eh wha?

Bleeding Star
11-13-2010, 01:43 PM
I've just been using a normal speaking voice with no problems.
If you say the word "XBox" the commands for everything onscreen will come up. So you can say "XBox....Kinect" to go to the Kinect menu, then "Xbox...Achievements" to view your achievement list.

If you are having problems, try recalibrating the voice system. When I first set mine up, I had similar issues. TIP: do your calibration at the same place you will be playing from, and using a normal speaking voice.

Cheers, I'll definitely give it another calibration

Capn Doug
11-13-2010, 05:14 PM

That is truly awesome, it seems to understand everything, though often gets the wrong idea. I said "XBox. Pleasure me!" so it played Kinect Adventures.

Kronephoros
11-13-2010, 11:52 PM
That is truly awesome, it seems to understand everything, though often gets the wrong idea. I said "XBox. Pleasure me!" so it played Kinect Adventures. Well, that shows the Kinect can't comprehend commands with um... "other meanings?" The limitations of modern technology at it's best!

litepink
11-14-2010, 12:49 AM
wOt????1!!! i thot cOnNeCt speaked AMERICAN ONLY.

Giga
11-14-2010, 09:33 PM
haha Do Canadians have voice controls (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=3732790#post3732790) of corse we do we all do

xamot
11-15-2010, 08:02 AM
yeah im here in new brunswick and it hears me just fine sometimes when it wants to

texameradian
11-15-2010, 08:33 AM

Hahaha awesome!

Pyrochaos
11-15-2010, 03:13 PM
wOt????1!!! i thot cOnNeCt speaked AMERICAN ONLY.

You are from MN. Our accents are practically Canadian.

RichXbox360
11-21-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm English, with a rather broad South Yorkshire accent, and my Kinect understands me fine, what do you think aboot (deliberate typo, yeh) that?