PDA

View Full Version : Maulkiller code ?

Asturgis
11-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Hey guys :)

I just went through Hell. I asked a friend who lives in Denver CO (I'm in France) to pre-order the game for me at his local Gamestop shop, the one on Colorado Bvd, because I wanted the Maulkiller costume so bad as I'm a huge SW fan. He shipped the game to me, I just received it, but no redeem code.

I called the shop, from France, asking what the problem was, and they told me the code was printed on the receipt, which I don't have, and my friend either anymore. They sent me to Customer Support, which I called and waited for 10 minutes (thanks for the bill). They couldn't do anything for me, so they sent me back to the store, which I called again.

A nice guy tried to print another code for me, but it was too late, he couldn't do it anymore (they can do it just one week after the game's release). To make things worse, this code isn't available in France, and the game shipped from the US doesn't work on my system so I had to buy another one here...

So PLEASE, if one of you guys couldn't care less about their code or this game, would you be so kind as to giving me yours ? You can PM me.

I won't get my hopes up, but I'm pretty desperate at this point... :(

SolidSnarf86
11-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Gamestop flat out lied to you. They didn't give most people the code after game was released because most of them didn't know the code wasn't in their system under "Star Wars". "Force Unleashed" or anything normal. The DLC code was under "TFUII".

My roommate and I bought the game and they said the "code is in the box" which I knew was a lie from the off, a week later I got my code, and a code for a friend because they printed two to apologize for the screw up. My roommate was too lazy and JUST went to Gamestop yesterday and asked and they printed one up without either a receipt or a proof of pre-order.

The code remains in the system for two months after the fact, I used to work for this company so I know what their ruse is. I'll see if I can grab you one next time I'm out and about.

Asturgis
11-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Would you really do that ? That would be awesome :) But since the game came out september the 28th in the US if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't give you much time...

EDIT : forget it, one Gamespot guy was kind enough to actually send me a scan of a receipt by mail after I told them what you told me, I tried it and it doesn't work. It must be localized, which is total BS. I'm so angry right now.

Ryan Uzumaki 22
11-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Is it possible that i may use that code if your not going to use it because i havent recieved any pre order bonus :(

Ferocious
11-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Would you really do that ? That would be awesome :) But since the game came out september the 28th in the US if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't give you much time...

EDIT : forget it, one Gamespot guy was kind enough to actually send me a scan of a receipt by mail after I told them what you told me, I tried it and it doesn't work. It must be localized, which is total BS. I'm so angry right now.

Not sure how it works entirely (being it's not something I have done) as I've only tried it for the RE5 demo but that method was too late by then because so many people were doing it to get early US access to the demo.. so I had dL the demo onto a disc and play it, but at the time you could change your country and use codes, games, buy content, etc.... at least you could; not sure with all of the dashboard updates since then.

If someone from a country outside of the US has tried something like this, feel free to post so he can see if he can use it or not.

frogcrazyant
11-14-2010, 02:10 PM
i hate that codes cannot be used everywhere. I use to live in Canada, so I went up there to visit and I bought 2 things of 1600 Microsoft Points there for 40 bucks, went down to North Carolina where I live and used it on my xbox there and it didnt work. 40 bucks gone.

Slagar7
11-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Thats sucks

rdrunr89
12-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Hey I know this is a little old, but I pre-ordered the game so I could get the skin and put the game away till Xmas. In the meantime, I lost the receipt with the code. Anyone know how to get a new code? I went to 2 different GameStops and they stated they are out of codes and can no longer reprint one. When I asked if they could reprint my receipt, they said they could but the code won't be on there.

REPTILE 0009
12-28-2010, 04:53 AM
I know that this game came out in November but... Today, I got The force Unleashed II. My friend who got it said that there is a code for a guy named Maulkiller in it. I wanted to know who it is, so I searched it online. He looked pretty bada**, not gonna lie. I couldn't wait to play as him. I tore it up, looked inside and BAM! No code. My friend called gamestop about it and they said that it was on the receipt. He said ok, so he drove home and got the receipt. He called me and, BAM! No code. I then was pretty ticked off, so I called gamestop telling me my story. They said, "Sorry, we can't help you." I drove down to gamestop and they told me they couldn't help because it was to late for the codes. That is my story. So I was wondering, could anyone please give me an extra maulkiller code? It would be very appreciated. I'm kind of forced to beg, since i really wanna play as him.

rdrunr89
12-28-2010, 05:32 AM
The Maulkiller skin was only if you pre-ordered the game. I actually called GameStop Customer Service today, and told them what happened. The lady was very cool and looked up my information (I told her the store and date purchased). She found it and said she was forwarding it to a department where they have all the codes and I should get one emailed to me in a couple of days. But she was able to tell that I pre-ordered it and when it was it purchased. But if you didn't pre-order it, there is no code.

Madfrog0
02-09-2011, 09:54 PM
wish i saw this before, i gave away about 12 of them on my site.