PDA

View Full Version : pro instrument help

xXAKill3rTacoXx
11-13-2010, 12:58 AM
2 things 1 can i use a real electric guitar if i already own one if i buy the pro midi adapter? and the second thing is i have guitar hero drums is there a way i could get a yellow and a blue symbol for it to play pro drums because the orange guitar hero symbol reads as a green symbol

Lonsta DaMonsta
11-13-2010, 01:01 AM
1) No
2) No

Kellwolf9E
11-13-2010, 01:56 AM
2 things 1 can i use a real electric guitar if i already own one if i buy the pro midi adapter? and the second thing is i have guitar hero drums is there a way i could get a yellow and a blue symbol for it to play pro drums because the orange guitar hero symbol reads as a green symbol

1) No. Unless you have a MIDI guitar, the MIDI adapter is useless. Even then, you'd need the fretboard technology built into the Fender Squier.
2) No.
3) It's cymbal, not symbol
4) Punctuation is awesome

xXAKill3rTacoXx
11-13-2010, 02:31 AM
would the power gig guitar work for the guitar pro mode? cause i wasn't originaly going to get it but if it works then since its only 10 dollars more with the game and the guitar i might but if not then i will just get the pro guitar

TwistedFate
11-13-2010, 02:54 AM
would the power gig guitar work for the guitar pro mode? cause i wasn't originaly going to get it but if it works then since its only 10 dollars more with the game and the guitar i might but if not then i will just get the pro guitar

No. Only the specially made Fender Squier will work with Pro Mode.

xXAKill3rTacoXx
11-14-2010, 04:58 AM
No. Only the specially made Fender Squier will work with Pro Mode.
are you sure? at gamestop when i asked the guy said he thought that the power gig guitar would work for pro mode and also isnt there already pro guitar/bass scores on leaderboards? if both of the rock band pro guitar controllers arent out yet how are there scores?

Lonsta DaMonsta
11-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Those power gig guitars will not work, but there is a Mustang guitar for $150 coming out this week that will work.

TwistedFate
11-14-2010, 08:18 AM
are you sure? at gamestop when i asked the guy said he thought that the power gig guitar would work for pro mode and also isnt there already pro guitar/bass scores on leaderboards? if both of the rock band pro guitar controllers arent out yet how are there scores?

Yes, I am absolutely sure. The Mustang Pro Controller is already out in small numbers that allow for the Pro scores to be on the leaderboards. You asked about using a real guitar, and Harmonix has confirmed on multiple occasions that the Squier is the only 6 stringed guitar that works. It is the only one with electronics in the neck to read where your fingers are.

You're only choices for Pro Guitar are the Mustang controller and the Squier guitar.

xXAKill3rTacoXx
11-14-2010, 09:20 AM
i dont get y they made it a squier and not a fender...i know that they are part of the same company but squier are the lower end fender models and normally they suck...like if you are talking for real guitars...but i guess it would have been more expensive if it were a fender to make and to buy

Capn Doug
11-14-2010, 09:28 AM
i dont get y they made it a squier and not a fender...i know that they are part of the same company but squier are the lower end fender models and normally they suck...like if you are talking for real guitars...but i guess it would have been more expensive if it were a fender to make and to buy

Because most people would not pay $500+ for a controller for a video game. Even the keyboard for $80 is causing a lot of people to think twice before buying the game.

TwistedFate
11-14-2010, 01:01 PM

Because people are bitching their fool heads off about a $300 game controller, they wouldn't sell enough to justify the cost of one based on a more expensive guitar. This one is based on Squier's Deluxe Strat, so it's one of the better Squiers and far better than I expected.

This is not meant to be a guitar that you will use for the next 20 years. It is an entry level guitar. Period. It is meant for non players to get into playing for real. The tried to balance the need for inexpensive guitar that non players would be willing to buy, but also give some amount of quality so established guitar players wouldn't totally be turned off.