PDA

View Full Version : Good decks

Pseudocidal Nero
11-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Ok I am terrible at constucting decks. My Deck works but it mainly only works out of 'good luck'. I was wondering if any member here would be able to type out all the cards too a deck that really works good. (Yes I know I am asking for abit much) I am looking for something that can crush the god awful pain in the ass AI, and to fool around with some friends online.
Ok thanks in advance.

hawaiianruler
11-13-2010, 03:39 AM
It really depends on the types of cards that you have. You can refer to this website for some ideas if you want.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Deck_Types:_A-C

Along with this website in order to figure out if all of the cards for a specific deck are in the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/995075-yu-gi-oh-5ds-decade-duels/faqs/61222

Sadly there are many decks that can't be fully created because not all of the cards are in the deck. The best idea is to look at the cards you have and see what you can do with them. If you seem to have a lot of defense/stalling cards, then try and make a deck that whittles down your opponents life points with flip effects or traps. There is not really a good way to tell you exactly what you should do.

One key point though is that you should try to keep a deck around the minimum of 40 cards. When you start pushing up into higher numbers, your chances of pulling a specific card decrease.

KillerBEA
11-13-2010, 03:40 AM
I won't type out a deck for you but here are some cards that work well for me

Jinzo- Obvious reasons, he stops traps.

Magic cylinder- comes in the starter deck; amazing trap card

Des koala- good burn card 400 for each card in your opponents hand when flipped. I personally use 2. also has decent defense.

D-hero defender-is level 4 and has 2700 defense. Minus the fact it gives your opponent an extra card per turn

Royal oppression- Stops traps cold if summoning Jinzo is proving hard.

Ground collapse- fill up 2 monster zones, using 2 fills up 4 and if you can get a third you opp can't summon anything

Jinzo + defender + 2 ground collapses = near complete control of opps field:woop:

One key point though is that you should try to keep a deck around the minimum of 40 cards. When you start pushing up into higher numbers, your chances of pulling a specific card decrease. I agree; keeping the composition/construction of your deck as low as possible and even as pssible is a good way to make sure you get what you need when you need it.

Personally unless you have cards that making summoning 9 or higher easy as hell then don't bother as the AI keeps your forces pretty wittled unless you control the match.

hawaiianruler
11-13-2010, 03:41 AM
Forgot to say. If you do have it, Needle worm, all-out attacks and morphing jar #2 should all be in the game and would make an easy OTK (one turn kill). Other cards to add would be cards like jar of greed and card destruction so that you pull the monsters you need.

hawaiianruler
11-13-2010, 05:23 AM
Jinzo- Obvious reasons, he stops traps.

Magic cylinder- comes in the starter deck; amazing trap card

Des koala- good burn card 400 for each card in your opponents hand when flipped. I personally use 2. also has decent defense.

These are some really good cards to use. The only problem with jinzo is that if you get him out then all of your traps are useless too. This can be useful if you build your deck for it ie. you only put a few to no trap cards in it but it also leaves you open to decks that don't rely on monsters with high attacks or traps. For example I think david is the duelest that uses the monarch deck and there is another who uses a return card to hand deck. In both of these cases Jinzo is a hinderance more than a help honestly.

applepie774
11-13-2010, 07:10 AM
Pretty much decks like Gladiator Beasts, Lightsworns, Blackwings, Six Samurais, and Dark Armed Dragon will pretty much always win against the AI. The main advantage is that they swarm the field and a properly structured deck will ensure that you won't have an empty hand or dead draws. It's recommended to play lots of multiplayer so you can play with people and get some ideas if they have good decks. If you don't have any of these cards, it's just important to make sure you have some common staples like Mystical Space Typhoon, Mirror Force, Sangan, etc. A method I like to use for getting cards that I need is by using Lock decks, so I can stall the whole game and get 500+ points in the end. The only disadvantage is that I've been getting capped at 15 cards for some reason. Some few good lock decks that I could think of right now are Dark Simorgh, Arcana Force - The World, and Horus decks. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't have some of these cards, but you can just try to aim for the recipes of the decks that characters H.S. and Nelly uses.

Pseudocidal Nero
11-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Thanks guys for all the help. I will sure to look into all these suggestions.

hydrosugar
11-15-2010, 09:02 AM
well heres my deck as it stands now

Monsters:
1 archfiend soldier
1 gene warped warewolf
3 beast king barbaros
1 breaker the magical warrior
2 counselor lily
2 junk syncron
1 magna drago
1 mask of darkness
1 morphing jar
1 night assailant
1 old vindictive magician
1 submarineroid
1 thunder king rai oh
(underlined denotes tuner monsters)

Spells:
1 axe of despair
1 brain conntrol
1 heavy storm
1 monster reborn
1 poison of the old man
1 scapegoat
1 smashing ground
1 swords of revealing light
1 united we stand
1 wave motion cannon

Traps:
2 bottomless trap hole
1 dimension wall
1 dimensional prison
1 draining sheild
1 magic cylinder
1 negate attack
2 nightmare wheel
1 sakeretsu armour
1 waboku
1 zoma the spirit

Extra deck: For the extra deck i just put all of my syncro monsters that dont have special summoning requirements. My monsters usually add up to 7 stars in which case i use dark strike fighter, who's ability is great for finishing off opponents

My deck is made so that no matter how unlucky you are in drawing you still have a great chance of winning, even if you have no monsters for the first three turns (its happened.) since im an unlucky drawer, i made a deck where im not waiting for a single card or the time, or get stuck with one i cant use. hence no tribute monsters. syncros are good enough and easier to summon.

other than a few of the spells no card i draw leaves me defenceless against an attack. seriously my win rate against AI has gotta be around 90%. i usually polish of the tournament winning all matches in 2 duels. i strictly have 40 cards, so if i get a new one that i want i take another out. ive already removed cards like giant trunade and the second widespred ruin i had to make room for an overall better deck.

Jinzo might be able to stop this deck, but theres none ive seen in single player, and even so thats predicated on him being drawed and summoned, and me not having brain control, smashing ground or something like that.(ive never lost when ive summoned a jinzo in my other deck, but its very reliant on luck)

I refrain from putting down spells or more traps than i need in case of a heavy storm. e.g 1 negate attack or 2 nightmare wheels is decent to stop 2 monsters.(however i put down everything i can before using morphing jar's effect)

also with the monsters as well as not having direct tribute monsters anymore, 1900atk is the minimum for a basic attacking monster without an effect or thats not a tuner

it may not seem to flow as well as a themed deck but its win rate against alledgedly difficult AI borders on the obscene;)

Pseudocidal Nero
11-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Wow thanks heaps man. If it works against AI. I might try and search for most of the cards in that deck. I think I have most of them anyway.

hydrosugar
11-16-2010, 07:01 AM
well dw its not the exact cards its the basic idea. i dont have mirror force if you do i highly recommend you put it in. same if you have a goyo guardian. for general practicality you can probably take out direct damage spells. i only put them in because i have had bad experiences losing to jack by <500 lp

hydrosugar
11-16-2010, 08:08 AM
These are some really good cards to use. The only problem with jinzo is that if you get him out then all of your traps are useless too. This can be useful if you build your deck for it ie. you only put a few to no trap cards in it but it also leaves you open to decks that don't rely on monsters with high attacks or traps. For example I think david is the duelest that uses the monarch deck and there is another who uses a return card to hand deck. In both of these cases Jinzo is a hinderance more than a help honestly.

yeah thats what i was thinking. i wanted him for a pretty long time and when i finally got him i was already comfortable with my trap deck. i still made a jinzo deck with only monsters and good spells(staples like monster reborn and ones that help me get jinzo in my hand like reload and magical mallet). when i got him on the field i always won but when i didnt it was around 50-50(used the deck in less than 10 duels though)

the trap heavy deck i suggested above is much better than my jinzo one

hawaiianruler
11-19-2010, 04:52 AM
yeah thats what i was thinking. i wanted him for a pretty long time and when i finally got him i was already comfortable with my trap deck. i still made a jinzo deck with only monsters and good spells(staples like monster reborn and ones that help me get jinzo in my hand like reload and magical mallet). when i got him on the field i always won but when i didnt it was around 50-50(used the deck in less than 10 duels though)

the trap heavy deck i suggested above is much better than my jinzo one

I use a trap heavy deck with monsters that need to be killed multiple times to actually be removed from the field. It works really well against most of the AI people except for the gladiator beast guy. I never seem to draw the right cards against him.

Kinky Buns
11-20-2010, 04:44 PM
I stick to a really aggressive deck that focuses around Jinzo and the Monarch monster cards. Remove from play traps and Royal Decree/Oppression to stop the opponent from bringing out anything too big. Wave Motion cannons are a must too. Pretty much jammed as many "Cannot be destroyed by battle" monsters as I could in my deck too make sure I can either out turtle my opponent or be able to tribute for the monsters I need.

Pegasus Tenma
11-20-2010, 04:57 PM
i stick with drawing and field removal then hit a big BOOM then ur dead lol

The 8lue Ace
11-21-2010, 12:53 AM
I'm currently planning on using 3 decks, 2 are complete but can be improved I think.

Heart of the Underdog Exodia Deck (Using this atm, its great fun)

Yubel Doomsday Deck

Dragon Power Deck (Incomplete) I'm missing masked dragons, I can never get them from the single player, I'm unlucky when it comes to dragon cards.